TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Sucks to be Amy

How did she hurt her arm, the arm wrestling match lasted like 3 seconds?

dony worry guys

Just think, in 2 weeks itll all be over, the winner will be on tv for awhile, will suck badly, will be in some bra and panties matches, then be released by xmas

and btw I will admit to laughing when Nash tore his quad (especially after his girlish screams) but felt bad about it later

I have never broken a bone, but I badly sprained my ankle a few months ago and dude, did that hurt!!!! My foot still bothers me sometimes

next it will be the Divas XFL league.... followed by Divas Hot lesbian Action World Body Building league.

[Vince gets glazed look in his eye]

"Yeah...." [drools over self]

I had taped RAW..so I rewatched it earlier...and you may can actually see it happen, (Seeing as Christy did do that shit kind of hard :P), but afterwards Amy is clapping...and standing there like an idiot...so if she really did break it, you wouldn't have known..

I had taped RAW..so I rewatched it earlier...and you may can actually see it happen, (Seeing as Christy did do that shit kind of hard :P), but afterwards Amy is clapping...and standing there like an idiot...so if she really did break it, you wouldn't have known..

Like an idiot?

Sorry, that was just too easy.

Guest wildpegasus
How did she hurt her arm, the arm wrestling match lasted like 3 seconds?

dony worry guys

Just think, in 2 weeks itll all be over, the winner will be on tv for awhile, will suck badly, will be in some bra and panties matches, then be released by xmas

and btw I will admit to laughing when Nash tore his quad (especially after his girlish screams) but felt bad about it later

I have never broken a bone, but I badly sprained my ankle a few months ago and dude, did that hurt!!!! My foot still bothers me sometimes

I'd like to see a replay of it. She could've been in a break arm posistion. If so the match should've been stopped. Armwrestling's underrated for causing injuries (especially people who armwrestle drunk) I can't straighten my arm out the whole way to this day because of elbow problems caused from armwrestling back in highschool.

Off topic slightly but Cristy is the one who should win this comptetion.

Broken arms = hurt.

Of course when I dislocated my arm, I was like 4, jumping off some sofa, and i'm pretty sure it hurt. Not funny when you don't know the person personally.

Funny when you do after you know he or she will be fine.

My friend slid down one of those park poles upside down and broke his arm. It was funny as hell afterwords when he got his cast and everything, but at that moment, it wasn't funny at all, sort of a shock.

I did however, pull a hamstring while running with my friends. Although it hurt like a bitch, I was laughing on the floor, while my friends were too.

I guess it just depends on the injury.

Guest Korgath

I really was hoping Amy would win. I've been a huge fan of hers since she appeared on Son of the Beach and when she lasted this long in the contest I was gunning for her all the way.

But man, to have her eliminated with an injury? It doesn't get worse than that.

OMG! Stop taking everything so seriously.

She broke her arm in an arm-wrestling contest. That's fucking hilarious. I mean how could you not laugh at someone like that. Especially when they're being shoved down our throats on a wrestling program.

I mean, a quarter of a million people die everyday. If you want to feel bad for somebody, feel bad for them. But when something like this happens to shatter the unintentional comedy charts, lighten up a little.

Guest wildpegasus

Maybe it's just me but I can't even begin to comprehend how someone can find breaking an arm in an armwrestling contest funny.

To all those that are finding this injury so hilarious, let me ask one question: How hard would you all be laughing if one of the guys that the smarks get a hard-on over got hurt? Say, if it was Benoit or Angle or Guerrero? And especially if they got hurt doing something other than wrestling, such as arm-wrestling or an equivalent. Methinks that a lot of people wouldn't find it so funny then.

Guest TheHulkster

Just the image of Amy clutching her arm in a speeding limo with The Sarge and Earl Hebner while covered in chili makes this post worthwhile.

Guest Trivia247

broke her arm armwrestling, I guess thats worse than Batistia tearing his tricep trying to catch something his wife threw to him. or wasit he was holding hands and it tore....some nonsense like that.

I mean, a quarter of a million people die everyday. If you want to feel bad for somebody, feel bad for them. But when something like this happens to shatter the unintentional comedy charts, lighten up a little.

Christ, I'd call you an idiot, but you've already made that extremely evident.

To all those that are finding this injury so hilarious, let me ask one question: How hard would you all be laughing if one of the guys that the smarks get a hard-on over got hurt? Say, if it was Benoit or Angle or Guerrero? And especially if they got hurt doing something other than wrestling, such as arm-wrestling or an equivalent. Methinks that a lot of people wouldn't find it so funny then.

You're absolutely right. What's your point, though?

To all those that are finding this injury so hilarious, let me ask one question:  How hard would you all be laughing if one of the guys that the smarks get a hard-on over got hurt?  Say, if it was Benoit or Angle or Guerrero?  And especially if they got hurt doing something other than wrestling, such as arm-wrestling or an equivalent.  Methinks that a lot of people wouldn't find it so funny then.

Only to point out the hypocrisy that's so prevalent in situations like this ...

JBL goes after a fan? He's an asshole that should be fired. Guerrero does? The fan was an asshole that deserved what he got.

Random diva hopeful hurts her arm in an arm wrestling 'competition'? Funny. Random smark favorite does? Not funny.

Seeing as you're not one of the ones giggling like a school girl over this, I don't see why you care about my point, though.

To all those that are finding this injury so hilarious, let me ask one question:  How hard would you all be laughing if one of the guys that the smarks get a hard-on over got hurt?  Say, if it was Benoit or Angle or Guerrero?  And especially if they got hurt doing something other than wrestling, such as arm-wrestling or an equivalent.  Methinks that a lot of people wouldn't find it so funny then.

Only to point out the hypocrisy that's so prevalent in situations like this ...

JBL goes after a fan? He's an asshole that should be fired.

Well, JBL *is* an asshole. I think that's well established. However, I don't recall any incident like that, let alone the specifics. I'm more familiar with the Munich incident.

Guerrero does?  The fan was an asshole that deserved what he got.

That I do remember. However, I remember that Guerrero was provoked and at least had some reason for it. You make it sound like he did it for little or no reason. If the same situation would happen with Bradshaw, I'd like to think I'd feel the same way. You can yell and scream at the wrestlers all you like, but throwing shit on them or touching them--that you just don't do. Doesn't matter if it's Spike Dudley, Taker, HHH, JBL, or Eddy. However, I might be a little less sympathetic to JBL in the same situation, since I disliked him for his attitude long before his undeserved push and despite his match quality.

However, I think that's a little different than laughing at injuries, which I feel is a separate issue entirely. Neck injuries I don't think are at all funny. Nash's injury got chuckles from people because of the circumstances surrounding the situation, plus they didn't like the guy...

All of which are vastly different situations than a "Diva" wannabe getting a little boo-boo from arm-wrestling. I don't get *how* it could have happened, so for me it's just amazement rather than amusement. However, it's nothing serious and she'll be fine. I'm not going to condemn someone from finding it amusing. Perhaps we're just desensitized, since one of the funniest moments of last year was a JR stunt double screaming while his ass was fire.

Random diva hopeful hurts her arm in an arm wrestling 'competition'?  Funny.  Random smark favorite does?  Not funny.

If a smark favorite injured his arm in a televised arm wrestling competition? I'm not going to say I wouldn't laugh, especially if they were of comparable strength. If an arm was actually broke, though, I'd wonder "WTF?!"

Seeing as you're not one of the ones giggling like a school girl over this, I don't see why you care about my point, though.

While I'm not laughing about it, the holier-than-thou attitude and comments like "one of the guys that the smarks get a hard-on over" sounds like a bit much to me, no offense. It somewhat smacks of the wise-ass "anti-smark" attitude and lumping posters together as if they all have the same opinions. If you dislike some childish attitudes, ignore them or voice your complaints a little nicer. As it is I don't think you were going to change anyone's mind.

On the other hand, I think CC was justified complaining when people were getting a chuckle over Edge's injury (although the comment about HHH's compression pants got me--that was always a funny visual--I'm sorry), since it really sucks he's been back for so short a time and is getting easily injured.

The difference between him and Nash? Nash demonstrated he clearly couldn't cut it as an active wrestler anymore, but Vince wouldn't give up on the guy. Edge was a guy who was trying and doing a good job despite the ring rust, but then **** happens and he's back out injured.

Guest Shoes Head

Well, I suppose you're wrong for finding someone's misfortune and pain humorous. I don't know why it's wrong, but that seems to be the majority opinion so I'll go with it.

I think it's funny too.

Guest Sturgis

I was listening to the radio one morning and they said while on a cruise ship some guy was playing football and fell over the edge to his death wen trying to catch a pass. Now THAT I did find funny. But I like Amy and after seeing the Fly a broken arm in armwrestling it just ain't funny.

Guest wildpegasus
broke her arm armwrestling, I guess thats worse than Batistia tearing his tricep trying to catch something his wife threw to him. or wasit he was holding hands and it tore....some nonsense like that.

People break arms armwrestling. It's happened before and it'll happen again. It's not some kind of freak occurance which I already stated in this thread. People also often get injured from it such as myself. It happens.

Guest GreatOne

As much as I'm not really looking to side with the 'you clowns happy for somebody breaking their arm?' crowd lest people think I'm defending the divas, let me ask this: Who here remembers Tony Saunders snapping his arm after throwing a pitch in '99? Or was Theismann getting sacked by Taylor equally as humorous?

It's probably a good thing that I didn't see the famed RAW is QUAD, or else I could be among the 'OMG his dumb ass got hurt, LOL2004!~' crowd (but Nash gave me plenty of comical moments anyway so I probably wouldn't have).

I was listening to the radio one morning and they said while on a cruise ship some guy was playing football and fell over the edge to his death wen trying to catch a pass. Now THAT I did find funny. But I like Amy and after seeing the Fly a broken arm in armwrestling it just ain't funny.

So you sympathize with a broken arm, and not death. Uh huh.

Guest Sturgis

Well, Czech let me put it this way; Why on earth would anybody play football on a cruise ship?

Guest Coffey

Nathan Jones had his arm broke by Magus during his World Strongest Man stint during an arm wrestling exhibition.

People break arms armwrestling. It's happened before and it'll happen again. It's not some kind of freak occurance which I already stated in this thread. People also often get injured from it such as myself. It happens.

She was armwrestling another woman, though.

Nathan Jones had his arm broke by Magus during his World Strongest Man stint during an arm wrestling exhibition.

Show of hands--who thinks Vince probably tried to sign Magus before settling for that loser?

Not that I found it funny either, not like I did with Nash, but I assume injuries through arm wrestling happen because of, you know, long, strenuous contests -- of if not, because of freak accidents. A serious, stressful competition is far from what we saw on Monday.