TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ice Classic V.2

Smackdown Spoilers

Guest Ice Classic V.2

Before Smackdown began, JBL and Orlando Jordan got heat on the crowd by heeling JC Watts, former Oklahoma University quarterback and current Congressman from the state. They also ripped on the crowd, saying that the state was full of Indians and drunks.

Theodore Long announced that due to Luther Reigns' interference last week, Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle would have a rematch tonight. The main event of the show will see the two face off in a lumberjack match.

JBL, with Orlando Jordan, took on Charlie Haas, with Miss Jackie, in a non-title match. The finish saw JBL get the pin when Haas was distracted when Orlando was going after Jackie.

After the match, Theodore Long announced that JBL would be defending his title at No Mercy, against the Undertaker. They will have a last ride match, which means that there will be no submission, pinfall or count out. The loser must be thrown in the back of a hearse.

Up next is Paul London and Billy Kidman vs. Rene Dupree and Kenzo

Paul London and Billy Kidman lost to Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki. Kidman walked out on London after he went to the top to do the Shooting Star Press, couldn’t do it (because of how he hurt Chavo) and left instead. This left London, who was bandaged up (may have been from a Jon Heidenreich attack) to go it alone and he lost. Kenzo and Dupree are the new tag champs.

In the back, London confronted Kidman and asked what happened, but Kidman walked away without saying anything.

They aired footage of Spike Dudley turning on Rey Mysterio a few weeks back. This led into a Spike vs. Rey match, which quickly turned into a six man with Rey, Rob Van Dam and Hardcore Holly beating all three Dudley Boys.

They are now setting up for the main event lumberjack match between Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero.

EDIT

They aired promos for Carlito Caribbean Cool, as well as a "Big Show is coming in two weeks" graphic.

John Cena came out and cut a promo on Booker T.

In the back, Paul Heyman was with Theodore Long. Heyman said he wasn't going to pay any more fines for Heidenreich's behavior so he gave Heidenreich the night off. Our reporter had to go but I think he said that they are now setting up for the main event lumberjack match between Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero before he left.

Paul London and Billy Kidman lost to Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki. Kidman walked out on London after he went to the top to do the Shooting Star Press, couldn?t do it (because of how he hurt Chavo) and left instead. This left London, who was bandaged up (may have been from a Jon Heidenreich attack) to go it alone and he lost. Kenzo and Dupree are the new tag champs.

In the back, London confronted Kidman and asked what happened, but Kidman walked away without saying anything.

Man, fuck that. They had a perfectly good storyline lined up (Knoble/Chavo vs. London/Kidman), and they have to go and hot-shot the breakup, and put the tag belts on a crappy team.

Knoble/Chavo get the non-title win, Chavo gets injured vs. Kidman - the angle writes itself.

Just when you think SD is starting to get its shit together...

Well if Chavo really is injured..(badly) it's not like he's gonna really be up for the feud...so how will they continue? They could do something with Noble and them, but they can't really do anything involving Chavo in this angle...

I actually think they did pretty well with this, BUT they should have put the straps on a different team. An actual team. Although on SD I can't really think of anyone..

After the match, Theodore Long announced that JBL would be defending his title at No Mercy, against the Undertaker. They will have a last ride match, which means that there will be no submission, pinfall or count out. The loser must be thrown in the back of a hearse.

Why do they persist in having these sorts of matches? Didn't they learn anything from Kane/Shane? At least JBL is a better seller than Shane (not that that's hard), so maybe it will raise above that standard. Still, I wont be expecting much, so at least there's no way i can be let down by it.

I actually think they did pretty well with this, BUT they should have put the straps on a different team. An actual team. Although on SD I can't really think of anyone..

We could end up with RVD/Rey as tag champs here. Given some time to work a decent combination up they could be really good. Still both are better suited to singles roles, but pretty much every tag team breaks up and feuds eventually anyway.

Well if Chavo really is injured..(badly) it's not like he's gonna really be up for the feud...so how will they continue? They could do something with Noble and them, but they can't really do anything involving Chavo in this angle...

Knoble can interfere in a Kidman/London match and/or singles matches involving either guy, as well as face each guy himself in singles matches. You can stretch that out over 3-4 weeks or so, in which time Chavo will hopefully be ready to go. Have the 2 teams go at it, Knoble/Chavo pick up the belts at a PPV, and Kidman/London then do the split.

As for another team, they could have given FBI a shot with the belts.

Guest JMA

Maybe Kenzo could teach Dupree to love America. They could even carry miniature American flags, like the Rougeaus used to do.

And I'm praying that the Undertaker wins the title off JBL. Taker wouldn't lose twice to the same guy...right?

Guest Ice Classic V.2

Complete Results

There was a dark match, but they missed it due to there only being one door open to let in the crowd.

Velocity Matches:

Mark Jindrak beat Scotty 2 Hotty.

The Bashams took on The FBI (Nunzio and Johnny Stamboli). The Bashams got the win using the ropes, but the ref saw his error and restarted the match, which the FBI then won.

Booker T beat local wrestler Brandon Groom.

SmackDown! Matches:

Before Smackdown began, JBL and Orlando Jordan got heat on the crowd by heeling JC Watts, former Oklahoma University quarterback and current Congressman from the state. They also ripped on the crowd, saying that the state was full of Indians and drunks.

Theodore Long announced that due to Luther Reigns' interference last week, Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle would have a rematch tonight. The main event of the show will see the two face off in a lumberjack match.

JBL, with Orlando Jordan, took on Charlie Haas, with Miss Jackie, in a non-title match. The finish saw JBL get the pin when Haas was distracted when Orlando was going after Jackie.

Up next is Paul London and Billy Kidman vs. Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki.

Paul London and Billy Kidman lost to Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki. Kidman walked out on London after he went to the top to do the Shooting Star Press, couldn’t do it (because of how he hurt Chavo) and left instead. This left London, who was bandaged up (may have been from a Jon Heidenreich attack) to go it alone and he lost. Kenzo and Dupree are the new tag champs.

They aired footage of Spike Dudley turning on Rey Mysterio a few weeks back. This led into a Spike vs. Rey match, which quickly turned into a six man with Rey, Rob Van Dam and Hardcore Holly beating all three Dudley Boys.

They are now setting up for the main event lumberjack match between Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero.

They aired promos for Carlito Caribbean Cool, as well as a "Big Show is coming in two weeks" graphic.

John Cena came out and cut a promo on Booker T.

In the back, Paul Heyman was with Theodore Long. Heyman said he wasn't going to pay any more fines for Heidenreich's behavior so he gave Heidenreich the night off.

Long then told Heyman he was making a match for tonight anyway, but not for Jon. He said that Heyman would have a match against a TV announcer. Heyman figured it would be Michael Cole and cut off Long before he said who it was. Heyman went out to the ring and Cole said that he could take Heyman any time but then Funaki came out for the match. Heyman and Funaki briefly had a bout until Heidenreich came out and destroyed Funaki. Heyman and Cole were yelling at each other on the floor and Heidenreich came out and chased Cole through the crowd.

The main event saw all of the lumberjacks come out. They were the workers who appeared tonight on Velocity and Smackdown, plus Luther Reigns. It was a good match that went back and forth until Reigns got in the ring to interfere. When he did, all of the lumberjacks got involved and it was a melee with everyone going after each other. This kept up until Big Show made his return, came out to the ring and chokeslammed everyone. He cleaned house and left. There was no official finish to the bout.

After the match, Eddie Guerrero was left in the ring. They did the X sign and the trainers and Fit Finlay came out and attended to him, but he eventually got up and walked to the back on his own power. RVD and Rey Mysterio stayed out with him until he made his way to the back.

Meltzer's comments:

"Kenzo Suzuki & Rene Dupree won the Smackdown tag team titles tonight in Tulsa over Billy Kidman & Paul London, with the same finish as last week. Kidman wouldn't do the shooting star press, walked out, leaving London alone, and he was pinned.

The 10/3 No Mercy JBL vs. Undertaker match will be a hearse match, which are the same rules as an ambulance match. Yes, let's copy week by week the Death of WCW booking."

As for me, I was expecting a casket match main event, but this makes sense too. Now JBL can retain without getting pinned. Get ready for Heienreich to "shockingly" pop out of the hearse and interfere...

EDIT: One more thing...this whole tag team title situation comes from Chavo getting hurt...which means they had absolutely NOTHING planned for London/Kidman until that accidentally happened. Pretty sad.l

Heyman and Cole were yelling at each other on the floor and Heidenreich came out and chased Cole through the crowd.

Can't wait for that Heidenreich vs. Cole blowoff.

Naw, Kidman'll play the heel. They'll tag for 3 more weeks. With Kidman hesitating twice, finally, on the third, he'll completly walk off again. And then the next week, the same thing, but London walks out on Kidman and lets him get his ass wooped for the first time.

London comes back, begins to go off on him, pulls back, and begins heading back to the locker room. But then Kidman attacks him in the aisle way. And starts going off. Pulls him in the ring, hits the SSP, and "injures" [in kayfabe {though who knows in real life}], London. Then, in the month or so London's gone, they'll flourish Kidman's heel character.

And then London will make a huge comeback and save someone like Mysterio from a Spike/Kidman beat down, and turn face. And then they'll start a SSP vs. SSP feud with Kidman vs. London.

..... then I wake up.

Guest Dids
The London/Kidman stuff is just begging for London to bust off his  (better AND safer) SSP.

You think they'll play London as a heel in this?

Nope.

Kidman's the guy too gutless to hit the move, he's the guy who walked out. They'll (or at least they should) fine some way for London to hit it and when he does, the crowd will pop. London's SSP is godly.

At least Big Show's return was fine. After hearing Teddy Long say Big Show went to anger management classes last week I thought we were going to see a whole bunch of lame comedy skits about Big Show being too nice when he got back.

Naw, Kidman'll play the heel. They'll tag for 3 more weeks. With Kidman hesitating twice, finally, on the third, he'll completly walk off again. And then the next week, the same thing, but London walks out on Kidman and lets him get his ass wooped for the first time.

London comes back, begins to go off on him, pulls back, and begins heading back to the locker room. But then Kidman attacks him in the aisle way. And starts going off. Pulls him in the ring, hits the SSP, and "injures" [in kayfabe {though who knows in real life}], London. Then, in the month or so London's gone, they'll flourish Kidman's heel character.

And then London will make a huge comeback and save someone like Mysterio from a Spike/Kidman beat down, and turn face. And then they'll start a SSP vs. SSP feud with Kidman vs. London.

..... then I wake up.

Come on now, you've obviously put way too much thought into this for just a couple of jobbers like Kidman and London.

*WWE writer mode off*

At least Big Show's return was fine. After hearing Teddy Long say Big Show went to anger management classes last week I thought we were going to see a whole bunch of lame comedy skits about Big Show being too nice when he got back.

For some reason I thought Big Show would become Torrie's best friend, and comb her hair, and they would get their nails done together

For some reason I thought Big Show would become Torrie's best friend, and comb her hair, and they would get their nails done together

Now if they were REALLY thinking they'd have Torrie flip out that Long hired Big Show back (which would make sense if you're her) and bring in some people to take the Big Show out, turning her into a heel bitchy manager. Another angle that just writes itself!

Now if they were REALLY thinking they'd have Torrie flip out that Long hired Big Show back (which would make sense if you're her) and bring in some people to take the Big Show out, turning her into a heel bitchy manager. Another angle that just writes itself!

But wouldn't that require her to act?

Kidman's the guy too gutless to hit the move, he's the guy who walked out. They'll (or at least they should) fine some way for London to hit it and when he does, the crowd will pop. London's SSP is godly.

Here's how they could do it: During one important match when Kidman is hesitating, London just loses it. Kidman comes down, London shoves him and is all "what the fuck is wrong with you? Like this, you jackass!" then London does the move.

London gets up and is all "see, it's NOT that hard", then Kidman just goes RABID and beats the piss out of him, yelling stuff like "I'll teach you to upstage me, you prick!"

Then build the angle around Kidman being a prima donna who doesn't want anyone else to hit it (because it's HIS move) and being pissed at London, who Kidman could claim he got this far, for upstaging him.

"Now if they were REALLY thinking they'd have Torrie flip out that Long hired Big Show back (which would make sense if you're her) and bring in some people to take the Big Show out, turning her into a heel bitchy manager. Another angle that just writes itself!"

We are not amused.

If you thought Trish post-WM sucked as a heel...

I like TMM's idea for Kidman/London, though.