TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB Game Chatter

Well, the weekend has arrived. Some big series in the National League, including the Florida Marlins traveling to Wrigley field to begin a 4 game series with the Cubs, that starts in about 3 hours with a double header.

The Marlins and Expos will play Monday and Tuesday´s games at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago with Hurricane Ivan threatening South Florida. Both games will start at 1:05pm ET.

This blows. That's 2 more "home games" the Marlins will have to play in Chicago, with the first happening today in Wrigley.

6-0 Marlins. Looks like the Cubs are going to have to hope to get to the rookie in Game 2, because no way Pavano gives up 6 runs.

Folks, the Cubs are finished. I've been a supporter for 10 years and this is honestly some of the worst ball I've ever seen them play. FOUR errors today, with four runs coming from it. In addition to that, they've made two key baserunning errors. It's sad to watch happen to a team that was pegged for the World Series, but they're so embarrassingly bad, they probably shouldn't even be in playoff contention right now.

At 7-0 in the 8th, this game is all but over. Yet Corey Patterson is showing he's one of the few Cubs who hustle and play hard no matter what, with an amazing diving catch in left centerfield. He looked like he slid about five feet on his face alone there.

Guest Staravenger

If Steve Howe could get nine hundreds chances with the Yankees, I think Rafael Furcal can get away with a few with the Braves.

Guest Anglesault
If Steve Howe could get nine hundreds chances with the Yankees, I

I met him towards the end of chance 9 hundred. Hell of a nice guy. Of course, I also had a nice 10 minute conversation with John Rocker, so I may not be the best character judge.

Edited by Anglesault

The Cubs are pretty much screwed at this point. Incidentally, remember those experts who said the Cubs had the easiest schedule remaining? I remember thinking "Let's see, the Astros...Cubs usually have trouble with them...Marlins...they'll be tough...Braves, ouch." A lot of those series that looked like cake a month ago look a lot different now.

Hilarious - I just heard a report that Baker held Alou and Ramirez out of the first game with Pavano because they were like 1 for 9 lifetime against the guy. Not exactly a big enough sample size to warrant playing Ramon Martinez, who's probably 1 for 9 lifetime against every active pitcher in baseball.

I secretly wanted the Cubs to fail just to see what they'd do in the offseason in terms of signings.

I think we can safely say that Alou and Sosa are gone. The question is, do the Cubs let Dusty go? He may have permanently effected the careers of Prior and Wood, he seemingly has no control over his locker room (Alou is allowed to blame Steve Stone for his toast being burnt, Alou making a boneheaded play and everything in between.) Sosa has fallen and fallen hard.

Clement is unlikely to stick around (at least I wouldn't if I were him, even if it means that he goes to the *sigh*Yankees). He gets no run support, he has a ton of talent that goes to waste everytime he pitches.

I think it'll be a long winter in Chicago for the Cubs, as at least the White Sox at least have a semblance of what their plans are for the next few seasons.

Guest Staravenger

Anyone think the Mariners can keep up what they did last night by shutting out the Red Sox? I think the Sox will probably win the game by a pretty big score (10-1 maybe), since thats how they've seem to be playing lately. They win 6 or 7, lose, then demolish the team they play the next night.

Guest Anglesault

Lofton and Matsui may be the most nerve racking outfield combination on earth. Even when they work well together, they make it interesting.

You know what Anglesault, I bet you're pissed off at Kevin Brown for punching that wall and stuff, but right now I gotta "hand" it to the guy. He had a bad game and he took out his frustration on himself for screwing up, instead of going "Jooooooe! Charley Steiner is being MEAN to me!!!! Make him stop Joe, make him stop!"

Guest Staravenger

And the Baltimore Orioles mascot is a complete retard by causing the game to hault until he got his stupid ass off the foul pole.

Guest Anglesault
You know what Anglesault, I bet you're pissed off at Kevin Brown for punching that wall and stuff, but right now I gotta "hand" it to the guy. He had a bad game and he took out his frustration on himself for screwing up, instead of going "Jooooooe! Charley Steiner is being MEAN to me!!!! Make him stop Joe, make him stop!"

I'm annoyed that he broke his hand, but I'm absolutely not annoyed that he got angry enough to do it. The team was playing flat as shit and didn't really care. Preferably, he destroys the clubhouse with a bat though.

Guest Anglesault
And the Baltimore Orioles mascot is a complete retard by causing the game to hault until he got his stupid ass off the foul pole.

Must every Yankee game be delayed by something stupid?

Guest Staravenger

Vazquez, the most reliable pitcher of the year, walks in the run to tie the game, and hits Palmiero AGAIN to give them the go ahead run.

Guest Anglesault
Vazquez, the most reliable pitcher of the year,

For WHOM?

This guy has been at BEST a number four starter on this team and an absolute disgrace since the all star break.

Guest Staravenger

Sarcasm. I thought the joke spoke for itself.

And as I say that, he walks in ANOTHER run, and Torre finally takes his ass out. So who goes in? Loaiza? Nitkowski (or whateveR)? I hope we don't get another game like the one against Clevland.

Guest Staravenger

Great, it's C.J. Nitkowski. Someone bring out the pooper scooper.

7-3 Orioles. (Yankee-Haters celebrate)

Guest Anglesault
Sarcasm. I thought the joke spoke for itself.

And as I say that, he walks in ANOTHER run, and Torre finally takes his ass out. So who goes in? Loaiza? Nitowski (or whateveR)? I hope we don't get another game like the one against Clevland.

Arizona was reportedly asking for This mess for RJ.

But you see, we needed a number five guy for the next three years far more than a number one for the next two years.

Guest Staravenger

So Nitkowski gets taken out after getting 1 out and giving up 5 runs (3 of them credited to Vazquez). Why not just put Felix Heredias electricity in and see him burst in flames.

Goody goody gumdrops, we get Esteban Loaiza.

Guest Anglesault
At this point, I think it is very possible that Javier Vazquez is suffering from a hidden injury.

At this point I think the yankees may have made the mistake of a life time, basically picking this dope over both Schilling and RJ.

Guest Staravenger

I'd rather they have kept David Wells than let him go to the Padres and signed Vazquez. It would've been the same thing, and Wells is probably cheaper.

The Yanks slowly chipping away the lead on a Sierra home run and Cairo scoring after getting a triple, but thats all for the 4th.