TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB Game Chatter

Yeah, that and the complete dominance of the Marlins over the Phillies for the past two years. I'm thrilled that they meet 7 more times this year.

You know what the funniest part of all this is? The guys who've been in the midst of this BS feud with the commentators have been among the poorest performers for the Cubs in recent months.

Well duh. When you're doing well, you don't go "Yeah I'm hitting well, all right, but I'd be hitting even BETTER if Steve Stone wasn't so mean to me!"

That's a real poor comparison. Burnett got rocked when he came back from his 18 month layoff, either at home or on the road. The Cubs announcers kept conveniently forgetting to mention that fact, especially when they kept saying that he hadn't won in the road in over two years. They didn't add that he really hasn't pitched for the last two years, making it appear worse than it really is.

He's now been on a winning streak, it's just that all of his starts lately have come at home. Now he had a start on the road and he won that one too.

Very deceptive statistic.

Guest Staravenger

Baltimore almost setting a new team record today, walking FOURTEEN batters in a 9 inning game. Their current record is 15. Yankees won 9-7 in a very horrible game.

The Fathers just put up a 12 spot in the 9th inning in Colorado to seals that one up. It had been a one-run lead going into the inning, but that light Mountain air saw to the end of that.

Guest Staravenger
The Fathers just put up a 12 spot in the 9th inning in Colorado to seals that one up. It had been a one-run lead going into the inning, but that light Mountain air saw to the end of that.

And Giles becomes my new favorite player by adding 4 RBI's and 2 HR's to my team that were desperately needed.

But damn...12 run inning. At least the Rockies had a chance going into the 9th, but thats over.

Sheff comes up huge again.

Man, it seems like everytime where tied in the 9th inning, he hits a home run.

Like half of his homeruns have been hit in that situation.

Matsui also hit one out to add to his very underrated season.

Sox get shut-out by Seattle to drop two of four in the series.

Meche had a good game, only allowing five hits, two to Trot Nixon.

Tampa comes to Boston on tuesday, and the Red Sox will send Arroyo, Pedro, and Wakefield against them.

This leaves a rotation of Schilling, Lowe and Arroyo to go to New York for that key series against the Yankees.

Bonds just crushed #699.

It looked like they were going to walk him, as the count went to 3-1; the crowd started booing like crazy and on the next pitch, Bonds smacked the ball to straightaway centerfield. Pedro Feliz followed up with a homer of his own.

I'd be rooting against the Giants, but my boy Schmidt's out there today and he's looking to go the distance, having only thrown 95 pitches through eight.

Sox get shut-out by Seattle to drop two of four in the series.

Meche had a good game, only allowing five hits, two to Trot Nixon.

Tampa comes to Boston on tuesday, and the Red Sox will send Arroyo, Pedro, and Wakefield against them.

This leaves a rotation of Schilling, Lowe and Arroyo to go to New York for that key series against the Yankees.

Call me crazy, but I'd probably try to figure out a way to use Pedro Martinez against the Yankees and not Bronson Arroyo.

Guest Staravenger

I think the Red Sox are good enough WITHOUT Pedro. Unless they are shit scared (probably not, but 3.5 out again), then yeah, they should put in Pedro as an insurance policy.

Guest Staravenger

I would really be more worried to see who Torre puts in for the Yankees. Mussina and El Duque are a lock, but whos third? Leiber is on-and-off, Halsey doesn't have much experience I don't think, and I'd rather see Heredia pitch than Vazquez in a key situation.

Esteban Loaiza I doubt the team can trust in that situtation so that leaves a hole in the starting rotation in a series of such importance...and they have the problem TWICE.

Guest GreatOne

I get my wish, a split and not-too-terrible 4-5 vs the Sox on the year.

But a 12-26 mark against the West doesn't leave me exactly filled with hope of beating that 100-loss season.........