TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter Thread

Except Wells would be better in NY, just because he oves being on that team and in that stadium. Compare his numbers as a Yankee to his other numbers in his career.

Since they're saying the steady rain is less than an hour away, I think we're going home early tonight.

Stupid umps. Unless there's lightning out there, PLAY ON!

Guest Staravenger
Except Wells would be better in NY, just because he oves being on that team and in that stadium. Compare his numbers as a Yankee to his other numbers in his career.

Looking at his pre-Yankees stats, it doesn't look too impressive...and he bounced around from Toronto, Detroit, Cincinnati, and Baltimore in a span of 5 years which isn't too great.

His first great season was 1998 of course, and since then he's been steady, but he does pitch a lot better as a Yankee.

If I was Torre, I'd hope that they just call the game right now, since an elongated delay would probably knock El Duque out of the game and I don't think I'd want to dig into that bullpen and wear out Gordon and Quantrill even more.

Derrek Lee continues to earn my respect, driving in five of the six Cubs runs tonight, as Zambrano is shuting out the Reds.

I know it's just the Reds' pitching, but it is fun to watch the Cubs hit in situations like this. As maddening as it is to watch them score next to no runs some days, it's good to see them live up to their potential other days.

EDIT: Zambrano just helped himself by hitting a solo shot to straightaway center.

I doubt there getting this in. Its only the bottom of the third, and by the time the delay finally ends, it'll be atleast 9:30. And with the way El Duques struggling, there not gonna get through five by 10, which is when its supposed to start pooring.

I'm not really complaining though. Cause our offense looked like shit through two innings.

Wells does pitch well in Yankee Stadium, but I doubt it would improve the benefit he gets now from playing in Petco Park.

Nice job by Sturtze so far. Anytime he faces a good team, he does good. Nice job so far against the Sox, and did his first great job in relief early in the season against Okland. I just wish he pitched like this ALL the time.

I'm thinking that after tonight's loss that if the Marlins don't win the last two against the Braves, they are finished. The pitching is depleted, the players are complaining about fatigue... it's just not looking good.

I'm going to have to hope that management can hold this team together because after the trade they are 10 games over .500. I don't want to throw in the towel yet, because last time I thought like this they went on to win 9 in a row...but it's not looking good at all.

I don't feel bad, that was some funny shit.

Well yeah - it WAS funny, but Cairo didn't realize that the ball had been caught, most likely due to everyone in the stadium thinking he had hit it out.

Well, except for Manny...and the three drunk college kids behind him.

Guest Smues

Yeah let's hype this Friday night division matchup like mad, but then cut away from it to show Bond's every at bat. FUCK YOU Espn.

Yay it hit him. HOW EXCITING!

Shut up. It's history. Of course they are going to show and they SHOULD. 700 HRs hasn't been hit in my lifetime and I would like to see it done live, as would a ton of other people.

Guest Smues

They're going to show #700 700 times on every edition of sportscenter after he hits it, we really need to cut to every at bat live?

There's a big difference between seeing the highlights and actually watching something as it happens. There's really no comparing the two. They showed McGwire's 62nd HR a million times, but I was glued to my TV watching the atbats just waiting for it to happen, because the buildup is just as important as the payoff.

This is no different. They SHOULD show every at bat that goes for 700, 715 and 755

As an aside, when Barry Bonds was chasing McGwire's record, he had 69 HRs and they cut away from every game to show his atbats, and I believe it was against the Astros.

Every time they cut to the game, 4 fingers, Barry got IBB. Well, the 4th at bat, they cut back to the game, first pitch he saw the entire game...GONE. It was THAT much better because of watching all the other at bats...taking time out of what you were doing only to be disappointed. Then, they come back and you're expecting to be let down again and on the first pitch...there it goes.

There is so much more to sports than the highlight package, and we have 15 pages of why ESPN sucks so much and we're all missing the most important point...that it's trained an entire generation of people who only live to see what happens on the highlights and doesn't give a shit about what happens inbetween. That's a shame.

Guest Smues

Seeing just one guys at bats from a game to me is no different then the highlight packages. Give me the whole game, or wait until sportscenter. Just jumping into a game everytime one guy is at the plate just doesn't do it for me.

Guest Brian
There is so much more to sports than the highlight package, and we have 15 pages of why ESPN sucks so much and we're all missing the most important point...that it's trained an entire generation of people who only live to see what happens on the highlights and doesn't give a shit about what happens inbetween. That's a shame.

This was fucking beautiful. SWANK~!

Guest Anglesault

QUOTE ( @ --)
Shut up. It's history. Of course they are going to show and they SHOULD. 700 HRs hasn't been hit in my lifetime and I would like to see it done live, as would a ton of other people.

Then don't even bother with a game. If Barry Bonds is so much more important than baseball itself, why waste time with a a game as background noise?