TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Worse no sell of all time

check out Royal Rumble 97 (this is fresh in my mind cuz i just watched the tape yesterday)...during the 6 man AAA match before the Rumble match, those dudes were no selling every freaking thing.  now I'm no AAA expert, but is that normal or were they havin a REAL bad night?

Probably because all they did was shitty arm drags and whiffing on 75% of everything the tried. Crowd was totally dead too, which doesn't help, and the match lasted TEN MINUTES.

And then one of the geniuses (Heavy Metal?) eliminated himself during the Royal Rumble. I don't think it was intentional either.

How about the Undertaker's semi-no sell of the Jake Roberts DDT?

I understand Roberts was leaving the company soon after, but still.

Oh, and Ultimate Warrior no selling not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...but 5 Savage elbow drops at WrestleMania VII

As for the Hogan Vaderbomb incident...well, take a look at Hogan's track record.

He'd get back up from ANY finisher. Sid's Powerbomb, Savage's Elbow Drop...partially to Warrior's Big Splash...think he got up from Lesnar's F-5 when they fought...The Perfect Plex...I'm sure there's more I'm missing.

I heard Mil didn't want anyone to throw him over so he had to make it so he'd eliminate himself. Kinda makes him look like a retard if you ask me.

You're correct on all accounts, including the retard quip.

Oh, and Ultimate Warrior no selling not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...but 5 Savage elbow drops at WrestleMania VII

Savage no-sold all of Warrior's finishers for the false-finish at the end, too.

On a side note, Hogan didn't kick out of Lesnar's F-5, nor was in a position to do so. Angle became the first guy to kick out of Lesnar's finisher at Wrestlemania XIX.

yeah I don't know if you can count Savage's 5 elbow drops as a no-sell really, not in the sense we're talking about in this thread...it was key to total pyschology of this match...their rivalry and hatred was so huge that even their biggest weapons couldn't finish off the other one, it was pure exhaustion that beat Savage in the end...god i loved this match!

OK...insted of the Savage/Warrior match for the elbows...

How about the Savage/Steele match from WrestleMania 2? Steele had no good reason to kick out of the Savage Elbow in that match, yet he did.

Guest Staravenger
As for the Hogan Vaderbomb incident...well, take a look at Hogan's track record.

He'd get back up from ANY finisher.  Sid's Powerbomb, Savage's Elbow Drop...partially to Warrior's Big Splash...think he got up from Lesnar's F-5 when they fought...The Perfect Plex...I'm sure there's more I'm missing.

Did any of those moves seriously injure people like Vader did?

Sid's powerbomb was probably the easiest PB to take. Warrior did a splash...wow. Savage did an elbow drop...again, wow.

EVERYONE kicked out of the Perfect Plex from 1990-on. Warrior, Tornado, Hogan, Boss Man, Little Moe with the Gimpy Leg....

Hogan never kicked out, hulked up, or no sold the F-5.

Vader injured people because of the way he'd slam people down with it. He even injured a referee (Jack Doan I think) the 2nd night he was in the WWF!

When your track record is injuring people legit, it's suppose to stay that way. Hogan at least sold it at Superbrawl, but the damage was done when he just got right up .05 seconds later from the first time.

I'm really foggy as to when Hogan no sold the powerbomb. I always assumed it was at Superbrawl V. Was it at the Clash proceeding this? If so, it's really sad that he'd no sell the powerbomb right after no selling the flying elbow.

Guest Shoes Head

Worst ever was Teddy Hart doing senton bombs through tables for absolutely no reason at an ROH show. No people on the tables. Match was long over with.

Senton bomb. Off the top of a cage. Through a table. Multiple times. For no reason.

I'm really foggy as to when Hogan no sold the powerbomb.  I always assumed it was at Superbrawl V.  Was it at the Clash proceeding this?  If so, it's really sad that he'd no sell the powerbomb right after no selling the flying elbow.

Yes, it was indeed at Clash of the Champions 30. A horrible show, by the way. I still can't understand the no selling of the flying elbow that Savage gave Hogan. The crowd thought Savage had turned, but the move apparently gave Hogan "strength" to fight the evil opponents. Geez…

Worst ever was Teddy Hart doing senton bombs through tables for absolutely no reason at an ROH show.  No people on the tables.   Match was long over with.

Senton bomb.  Off the top of a cage.  Through a table.  Multiple times.  For no reason.

I heard that this incident was recently released. Does anyone have a clip?

This was pretty bad, yet good at the same time. I have a ringside cam of a television taping between Lance Storm and RVD. They have a pretty good, decently-paced match. After which, RVD jumps out of the ring, celebrates with Alphonso, then remarks rather loudly, 'Boy, I guess I should act blown up or something' with a big smile on his face, effectively no-selling the match.

I still can't understand the no selling of the flying elbow that Savage gave Hogan. The crowd thought Savage had turned, but the move apparently gave Hogan "strength" to fight the evil opponents. Geez…

Sadly, it should have made perfect sense to anybody. Hogan had spent 11 years hulking up following the finish. Everybody's finishing move. It had happened to Savage at WrestleMania V. Stupid and unrealistic, yes, but anybody who had followed Hogan's career from 1984 on should have seen it coming.

Guest Staravenger
I still can't understand the no selling of the flying elbow that Savage gave Hogan. The crowd thought Savage had turned, but the move apparently gave Hogan "strength" to fight the evil opponents. Geez…

Sadly, it should have made perfect sense to anybody. Hogan had spent 11 years hulking up following the finish. Everybody's finishing move. It had happened to Savage at WrestleMania V. Stupid and unrealistic, yes, but anybody who had followed Hogan's career from 1984 on should have seen it coming.

...That still doesn't make sense, and I've read it three times. Hogan no sold HIS OWN PARTNERS finishing move? Did Savage KNOW he would and just thought "Hey, if I try knocking Hogan out, he'll just pop up like a jack in the box"?

...That still doesn't make sense, and I've read it three times. Hogan no sold HIS OWN PARTNERS finishing move? Did Savage KNOW he would and just thought "Hey, if I try knocking Hogan out, he'll just pop up like a jack in the box"?

IIRC, Hogan and Avalanche (or whoever) were down and the ref was giving the 10 count. So Savage raced to the top rope, dropped the elbow on Hogan, and Hogan popped up and was Hulking Up in no time much to Savage's delight.

Yeah, pretty dumb.

Guest Staravenger

...I thank God every night I didn't get TBS until 1996. (Shudders) That sounds like Grade-A horse manure. I'm wondering if Macho was doing his "thinkin, thinkin, thinkin" bit like in the Billionaire Ted sketches.

Worst ever was Teddy Hart doing senton bombs through tables for absolutely no reason at an ROH show. No people on the tables. Match was long over with.

Senton bomb. Off the top of a cage. Through a table. Multiple times. For no reason.

If that was the infamous Scramble Cage match, then I don't believe he did the moves through tables.

Guest BDC
I don't think it was mentioned yet... but HHH basically no-selling the forklift drop was all kinds of fun*

* - stupid.

While stupid, it was forgettable.

Guest Staravenger

That doesn't top The Rock no selling Hogan "laying the smackdown on his crippled ass" by returning 2 weeks later with MAGIC TAPE~! on his ribs, like that is suppose to heal being smashed inside a ambulance with a semi multiple times.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Yeah the HHH thing doesn't count because the car didn't lose any heat for it.

Funny how Hogan no sold Vaders powerbomb but he did sell Sid's attempt at one at wm 8 (although I think Diesels botched Jacknife at wm 11 takes the cake for worst powerbomb ever)

My favorite was Undertaker no-selling a low blow from Flair in the 92 Rumble

I guess he really is a dead man

I remember Hawk no selling PG-13's spike pile driver.  Guess what Hawk did seconds after the move, yup, he jump right up.

Hawk used to do this all the time ... I remember him doing this to a Jerry Lawler piledriver back in the AWA ... it was part of his gimmick, no-selling the piledriver.

It was when PG-13 were the white boy rappers for the Nation of Domination.

Raz, I knew when you meant ... I'm just saying it wasn't an isolated incident, but something that he had done his entire career.

Plus, considering that Lawler's piledrivers were normally sold as ~death~ it seems even worse that Hawk would no-sell one of his, than one from PG-13.

This reminds me of Hawk's 98 run as a drunk/drug addict. One time he came to the announce booth and was doing commentary and he casually says to Lawler

"Hey King remember back in 84 in memphis when you told me to no-sell the piledriver and I didn't"

Guest HTQ's Personal Bitch
I heard Mil didn't want anyone to throw him over so he had to make it so he'd eliminate himself. Kinda makes him look like a retard if you ask me.

You're correct on all accounts, including the retard quip.

Savage no-sold all of Warrior's finishers for the false-finish at the end, too.

On a side note, Hogan didn't kick out of Lesnar's F-5, nor was in a position to do so. Angle became the first guy to kick out of Lesnar's finisher at Wrestlemania XIX.

How so? He sold the mvoes but kicked up before three. I don't recall him not acting hurt or jumping to his feet or any similar nonsense. Someone kicking up from someone's finisher is hardly "no selling".