TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

Bossman passes away

DAMN! That was the last thing I expected to hear before bedtime tonight. Me and CC were just talking about how much of an awesome heel he was in the 2000 Rumble. I also remember seeing that he did a few indy shows recently, and had also been to Japan (I think for IWA).

I'll miss the big lug.

What in the living hell...this has got to be a joke. I just mentioned him earlier today in a different thread, this can't be real.

IF this is true, and I'll wait untill someone else confirms it also, my God. Rest in Pease Boss, you were a part of some of my favorite pro wrestling moments, for many years.

Ray "Big Bossman" Traylor passed away suddenly at his home tonight. Traylor, who was 42, got his start as Jim Cornette's bodyguard Big Bubba Rogers in 1986 after he left his job as a prison guard in Marietta, GA.

After leaving Crockett promotions over pay, his real life job became is gimmick as the Big Bossman, the evil prison guard, who had a big run with Hulk Hogan.

He was also a major star with All Japan Pro Wrestling as Big Bubba in the 90s, before returning to the WWF in recent years.

At this point his death is a mystery. He had not been complaining of feeling bad, other than a bad knee. His wife found him in a room tonight and he wasn't breathing. Paramedica were unable to revive him.

Credit: Meltzer

-----------------------------------------------

That really sucks.

Still, it's only fitting that The Big Show reads the eulogy at the funeral....

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Wow. Another wrestling "legend" bites the dust. Perhaps not remembered for his championships or his ringwork, but he made the character work amazingly well.

RIP.

--Ryan

Man, I'm absolutely stunned by this.

*gives a moment of silence for Ray Traylor*

*fires up the old Big Bossman theme*

I'm really trying to put words together to say how I'm feeling right now, but nothing's coming out.

RIP Mr. Traylor - truly one of the few wrestlers I cheered as both a naive six-year old mark, and a stubborn teenage smark. May God be with his family and dearest friends in this time of need.

EDIT: If posters could come in and reminisce on their favorite Bossman moments, that would definitely help out those who are carrying a heavy heart.

I think it's time we list our favorite Bossman moments. I'll post a few here in a second, but I'll say for now that he holds the #1 spot on my "favorite quotes" list for wrestling.

I don't remember the exact quote, so someone help me out. It was when he was with TBS's mom, and he said "Big Show, you are a big dirty bastard...and your mama says so!!!!".

My God that was fantastic.

Guest Fook

I'm just in shock here. I would never have guessed Bossman to be the next wrestling death. It's hitting hard, big time.

The quote was "Big Show, your a Big Nasty bastard...Cause your mama said so!"

RIP Ray Traylor. You were one hell of an entertainer and you will be missed.

Even though now considering the circumstances it seems tastless to say I found the site of Traylor going to the funeral of the big show's father to be quite funny. The site of Traylor in that old cop car, with the giant megaphone on top was a great site gag.

I actually liked watching him wrestle. He obviously wasn't outstanding, but I loved a few things he did...like when someone would be in the rops he'd run and slide under the bottom rope, then pop them with an uppercut.

That is one of my favorite spots to this day, and I wish someone else would pick it up and start doing it.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Nothing brightens a miserable mood like hearing that another part of my childhood is dead. Fucking hell.

Here's hoping he finally gets Rude, just to blowoff the feud with the Heenan Family. Barnett can even book it.

I'm looking over some of his stats at OWW, and this one would be hard to watch now.

April 1, 2002 - RAW: Bossman teams with Mr Perfect but loses to the Hardy Boyz..

Damn, I pop on right before bed just to check some things and I find this out

He was a longtime favorite of mine

What's the deathlist for '04 so far now?

Guest Your Olympic Hero

I mean.. what the fuck? Who expected this? He was always overweight, especially Wrestlemania V and earlier... but never seemed unhealthy. This definitely is a buzzkill.

Terrible news, Bossman was honestly in my select group of favorites as a kid. It was Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, The Rockers, Mr. Perfect and The Big Bossman.

I'm truly saddened by this (I always feel beyond awful when a childhood hero dies)

RIP Bossman. Thanks for the memories....