TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

X-Men Legends

I'm currently browsing through the usual review sites - IGN, Gamespot, Gamespy.. - reading up reviews for the game. For the most part, they seem positive, and the game seems overall wonderful. It's not likely that I'll buy this game anytime soon - lack of funding, ya know - but I'm still curious to know what everyone else thinks.

So..thoughts? Opinions?

I'm really looking forward to this game.... I didn't know how much until last night when I'm laying in bed watching tv and the commercial for it came on (with Patrick Stewart's voice, no less) and I started marking out like a 12 year old....

Guest Coffey

I concur. I played X-Men Legends on Friday for about two hours. I played Fable for about half an hour. Fable was just boring as shit. X-Men Legends is a lot more fun when you have other humans controlling the other mutants. It sucks at the start though, as it's single player and you play as Wolverine.

I got lost in the Xavier mansion for a little while, until I accidentially turn on the map. I guess I should've read the instruction booklet first. I accidentially found out how to use the health potions too.

It's a good game, but I can see it get repetitive very easily ala Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I'll never play Fable again. Not my cup of tea.

I didn't even realize this was out now.

Jesus, I've been working too much.

And that just depresses me to think about it, because I know that even if I bought this I wouldn't have time to play it because of all of my work.

But about Fable - hey, when some people tout it as "greatest RPG...EVER~!!!!" before it comes out, it's bound to disappoint.

But about Fable - hey, when some people tout it as "greatest RPG...EVER~!!!!" before it comes out, it's bound to disappoint.

Well, X-Box owners want to find any RPG (and really, games in general) worth justifying owning the console when it has so few great, exclusive games. :P Legends isn't exclusive anyway, though, right?

I wonder what bps thinks of Fable now...

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

Legends is a good game. I've finally managed to pry myself away from it for a little while. The starting mission is sucky, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty smooth sailing.

I will advise to have a few different save files though.. I got really screwed doing a 'mission' and consequently had to start my game over. >_< They need to let you carry more than 10 health packs. 10 is not adequate for some of the people/things you're expected to survive, I think. :P

Luckily, I wasn't all that far into the game, so it wasn't too big of a loss.. just irritating.

EDIT: As I've gotten farther into the game, the number of health and energy packs you can carry is going up. Huzzah. I'm still periodically getting my ass kicked. *sigh*

I should be getting my reviewing copy of this from Inside Pulse sometime next week. I hope it kicks ass. I'm a little disappointed that there's no Archangel, but hey, I'm psyched to play as Colossus in a next gen game for once! ;)

I played the first level, and this game lives up to the hype and then some. It looks great, the combat system is fluid, and the little extras (like the X-Men Trivia in the mansion for additional XP) are what sold me completely. Activision has scored a major victory with this one, and there needs to be more games like this.

Just got it yesterday, and its fuckin awesome. I couldnt be more happy with it. Though I wish they woulda picked a better New Mutant than Magma, but she's fine.

The mansion is a great feature, and the Trivia game's loads of fun. The cel-shading works perfectly, and I love the Ultimate X-men suits.

All in all, awesome game.

I played it last night with three buddies and none of us were impressed. Characters take far too much damage and it leaves you in a state where you're always going for your health packs. We passed a couple of boards and said "fuck this sucks" and switched to Def Jam Vendetta.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

The damage your characters take and the amount of health packs you can carry is definitely one of the game's flaws. If I get to a tough spot I have to nag my fiance to help me because sometimes the AI on your team isn't so hot. Wolverine went shooting off a cliff three times in a row before I got sick of it and asked for a little assistance.

So, some things are sucky and difficult, but despite all that, it's probably the best X-Men game that's been done. I do like it, it's just hard to play alone sometimes. Plus, I'm impatient and want all my favorite X-Men right away, I don't want to do missions to find them or whatever.