TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

The OAO 9/30 Presidential Debate Thread

I'm worried a bit for Kerry about the media's after-coverage about this. The tone might be "Bush bashes flip flops!!!!!" and could ignore Kerry's valid disputes of those claims.

Very true. Kerry has brought up a bunch of great points that hopefully will get brought up.

BOTH men have, I believe.

Bush has, but they haven't come across as weak. Especially how he kept bringing up that POLAND~! was on our side continually during the first 15 minutes of the debate.

Guest BDC

Kerry's advantage going in is that it'd be hard to guess what he'd hone in on; I'd GUESS that was what the President has looked so bent out of shape over.

Guest MikeSC
Fuck Bush looks confused.

He starts every answer horribly. He finishes them well --- but lord, the start is abysmal.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
SDI? Not a good idea. Kerry will talk about suitcase nukes.

His "I'll secure them in 4 years" mantra is not terribly believable.

-=Mike

Guest GreatOne

Will Kerry find out that the way to win points is not to echo Bush before the end of this debate?

CALL THE WCW HOTLINE TO FIND OUT!!!!!!!

Guest TheLastBoyscout
I'm worried a bit for Kerry about the media's after-coverage about this. The tone might be "Bush bashes flip flops!!!!!" and could ignore Kerry's valid disputes of those claims.

Very true. Kerry has brought up a bunch of great points that hopefully will get brought up.

Bush has, but they haven't come across as weak. Especially how he kept bringing up that POLAND~! was on our side continually during the first 15 minutes of the debate.

Poland thing made everyone in our dorm crack up.

It was idiotic to the nth degree.

Guest MikeSC

Simply pointing out that the non-existant coalition is not accurate.

-=Mike

At my dorm room, everyone has been cracking up at "I haven't waivered" and "I have been consistant" with Kerry. That got me, too.

No offense to the good people of Poland, but him saying that would be like Evolution would say they are tough because they hang out with Garrison Cade.

In fairness, most of the Kerry=Flipflopperlolololol has been a Republican talking point and not necessarily 100% true.

True, but to say he's been consistant on Iraq is absolutely bullshit. We can both agree on that.

In fairness, most of the Kerry=Flipflopperlolololol has been a Republican talking point and not necessarily 100% true.

Every politician changes their mind. Other than that, what has the GOP been using for reasons why Kerry shouldn't be pres?

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Hey guys, Bush is on a first name basis with Putin!

Because all of my buddies pronounce my first name a different way every time they talk to me, too!

Guest TheLastBoyscout

AHA! Kerry is justifying his vote to go to war, while simultaniously bashing Bush's plan on Iraq.

Guest MikeSC
"He was a threat... that's not the issue..."

That's a very deadly statement there.

His answers were WAY too reliant on "We need the UN".

-=Mike