TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

The OAO 9/30 Presidential Debate Thread

Yeah, I think we can safely ignore Mr Scout.

-=Mike

Like you're fair and balanced.

45 % say Kerry won 36% say Bush won according to ABC.

Dude - it's ABC.

Don't blindly believe the media.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
I'd let it ride at a tie, but anytime a challenger goes up against the incumbent, he/she NEEDS to do better than a tie.

According to ABC, who sampled 35 Republicans and 35 Democrats, Kerry DID do better than a tie.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

-=Mike

Dude - it's ABC.

OMGLIBERALBIAS~!

Guest MikeSC
I'd let it ride at a tie, but anytime a challenger goes up against the incumbent, he/she NEEDS to do better than a tie.

According to ABC, who sampled 35 Republicans and 35 Democrats, Kerry DID do better than a tie.

Wow, that is a damned scientific poll there. :rolleyes:

-=Mike

Guest GreatOne

-=Mike

Dude - it's ABC.

Yeah but it could have been a CBS poll

or DOCUMENT :lol:

-=Mike

Like you're fair and balanced..

But he's not retarded like you.

I bet those Republicans were from Vermont.

;)

;)

Guest BDC

You said that already. I ignored it b/c it's ABC.

Oh, and b/c you said it.

I want Bush to say this one again.

"If you gave a speech, as my opponent did, calling the Reagan presidency eight years of "moral darkness," then you may be a lot of things, but the candidate of conservative values is not one of them." - President George W. Bush, 09/02/04 - RNC

Reagan was an effective leader with a lot of popular support, but it's not like didn't make any scary moves. For instance, he let a lot of crazy people go out into the streets, saying they'd find private care that never really materialized.

I don't think Kerry is trying to be the candidate of conservative values. If he was, I wouldn't support him, because I don't think it's in the government's place to regulate values.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Wow, that is a damned scientific poll there. :rolleyes:

-=Mike

Yes, it is.

It's 70 people.

Who cares?

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Oh, and b/c you said it.

Horse with blinders.

Oh, and b/c you said it.

Horse with blinders.

Idiot without statistics knowledge.

Guest MikeSC

I guess pot, kettle, black would be too cliched to use here about Senor Scout.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC

Wow, Joe Lockhart is quite the troll, isn't he? Man, he might kill Kerry's spin by being a total jackass.

-=Mike

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Kerry wins at CBS, too.

Oh and Bush's team didn't get the knockout blow they wanted. Kerry's got a lot more momentum now.

Oh, and b/c you said it.

Horse with blinders.

You aren't banned yet?

Guest MikeSC

Wow, he wins with the MSM. I'm shocked.

Gee, any guesses as to if FNC will outdraw the networks for this?

-=Mike

Kerry wins at CBS, too.

You.

Are.

An.

Idiot.

Oh and Bush's team didn't get the knockout blow they wanted. Kerry's got a lot more momentum now.

I don't think ANYONE is getting anything out of the debates. But hey, believe what you want to believe.

"Horse with blinders", right?

Guest GreatOne

C..BS News?

Yeah and Bush needed a knockout blow to win.........................

Kerry needed to avoid one to not fade into Dean territory, which he got, and is all.

Guest MikeSC

After watching them on FNC and CNN, I actually think Lockhart and McCurry are trying to sabotage Kerry. They were such utter pricks.

-=Mike

I had it 43 Kerry, 31 Bush.

I gave points for everything. From Kerry adding the extra hand for the hand shake (+1) to him starting off a lil long in thanks the moderator, florida, etc. (-2). If they made a good point, they got a point. If they made a bad point, they got a negative. If they made a good impression on me in one area, they got a point. If they avoided a point, they lost one. However, if they avoided it and spun it well, I gave +2. Of course, things went in degrees, so if they did really good, I would give 3's or 4's. The only 5 I gave was for Bushes Closing Statement. I gave him a -4 though on one or two occasions. He emoted really well at one point (talking about the wife) and I must've given him 6 or 7 points in total for that. But overall he was bad, and I gave him a 1 for Overall Effect, while I gave Kerry a 4.

Oh, and b/c you said it.

Horse with blinders.

See - this is why I'm in all likelyhood not voting.

This election has created a legion of dolts who follow the media instead of doing their own research. Then they use that variety of skewed information to develop a skewed opinion on politics.

If you cared. If you REALLY FUCKING CARED about what is going on in this country then you would base your opinion on fact instead of "Kerry is good, Bush is bad".

WHY is Kerry good?

WHY is Bush bad?

WHO led you to believe that Kerry is good and Bush is bad?

Think for yourself.

Don't believe the hype.

Scarborough says Kerry clearly won "on points,"

And since the Right Wingers here are admitting this was a "draw" the avergage moderate would say "Kerry won."

Oh and Kerry didn't looked P.O'd every time Kerry got him with a zinger.

How the hell do you figure that?

Kerry had to knock one out of the park tonight - he did NOT do that.

All he did was manage to stay alive - for now. That's the only "victory" that he can claim.

As for doing what he NEEDED to do to WIN the election - he completely failed.

Guest MikeSC

Kerry will be buried for the whole not spelling out his plan. That was a big problem.

-=Mike

Guest Ronixis

It was a tie.

Kerry had missed one major opertune point, Mangement of the Confict. Other than that, not spetacular...but Bush is NO Zell Miller. Too damn angry and he took too much time in his responces.