TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

The OAO 9/30 Presidential Debate Thread

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Kerry's daughters are on assignment at a kegger.

That's funny considering where BUSH'S daughters, and indeed Bush himself, have been.

Of course China would be upset if North Korea developed weapons to use against the US. They might not be able to get the money back they loaned to Bush!

China has a huge trade deficit with us.

So then why is Bush so willing to take loans from them? He had money, but that all went out to Haliburton, Enron, and other needless tax refunds.

Enron?

Do you know what you're talking about?

-=Mike

Yup. They received some money out of the whole tax refund thing. And (although unrelated), the Bush Administration DID bend over backwards for them.

Um, you REALLY need to read up on that. Bush did nothing to save Enron. Bush did nothing to help them. Bush was lobbied to help them (by Clinton people) and Bush refused.

-=Mike

But didn't they seal the papers about Cheney's 'secret energy task force' meetings with Enron?

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Does ANYONE honestly believe that Bush won this?

Yup.

-=Mike

Anyone who didn't have their minds made up BEFORE it started?

Well, I'm as close to a neutral observer as you're likely to find, since I know that I'm not voting for Bush or Kerry, and I have to say that Kerry lost that debate badly.

He basically just took potshots at Bush, and completely failed to establish his own agenda. He talks about what a terrible decision it is to be in Iraq, and then when he's asked what he'd do, he can't even make a major distinction between what Bush is doing, and what he'd do.

You know how HHH's feuds are all about HHH? Well, this debate was all about Bush, and it made Kerry come off looking like a joke as a result.

"He was a threat... that's not the issue..."

That's a very deadly statement there.

It's true.

Kerry's problems with Bush weren't that Saddam was a threat, he voted for War too, but HE WOULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB DISARMING IRAQ. That was his point. Whether it's true or not is a matter of opinion.

Bush is going to be killed on the Domestic Issues debate if TAX GAP is his best weapon against Kerry.

No. What did we learn tonight? It was the wrong war, wrong place, wrong time. If he was a threat, that means it was at least the right war. It IS an issue, you are just too dumb to realize it.

Guest BDC
Does ANYONE honestly believe that Bush won this?

Yup.

-=Mike

Anyone who didn't have their minds made up BEFORE it started?

Did anyone believe he lost?

That didn't already have their minds made up?

I would agree that no one technically "won" the debate.

But that, in a sense, makes Kerry something of a "winner", because this could have been the nail in his coffin that finished him as a candidate. Instead, now he just gets to continue limping forward to a defeat in November.

This woman on C-SPAN supporting Kerry is a stupid bitch. "Bush made us less safe..." he never said that!

The body armor thing is a crock, which the pro-Bush woman didn't know...

Guest BDC
CNN seems to be saying that nobody won.

I'd agree that no one won, but Kerry had a better than expected showing.

To be honest, I wouldn't have been able to guess how Kerry would do at all. He did alright, nothing jumped out at me.

MSNBC's panel wasn't watching the same debate I was.

Tool #1: I think that time limit worked in Kerry's favor. Once that light came on, he buttoned right up!

I'm never watching MSNBC again.

Guest MikeSC

But that, in a sense, makes Kerry something of a "winner", because this could have been the nail in his coffin that finished him as a candidate. Instead, now he just gets to continue limping forward to a defeat in November.

However, Kerry has to make up ground, so a "tie" is not remotely what he needed.

-=Mike

You sure about that?

"Kerry showed his intellectual superiority over John Bush....It's appalling that he's our president."

"Seemed weak and confused at Kerry's complex ideas..."

A draw is a loss for Kerry, imo. He has something to prove, and he certainly didn't tonight. I don't think Bush won (If he did, it wasn't convincing), but Kerry is losing ground because he didn't do anything good.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Scarborough says Kerry clearly won "on points,"

And since the Right Wingers here are admitting this was a "draw" the avergage moderate would say "Kerry won."

Oh and Kerry didn't looked P.O'd every time Kerry got him with a zinger.