TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

70% Chance Mt. St. Helens Could Erupt Soon!

Guest MikeSC

Well, I imagine that not too many people reside in the area that was so devastated in 1980, so hopefully, the damage will be less.

-=Mike

Guest Smues

Wasn't born quite yet for the last one, but I can't see this one being near as bad. It hasn't had as much time to build up. Although I'm sure I'll still get plenty of ash over here on the east side of the state. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll erupt while i'm at home, and block the freeway so I can't go out to campus.

Guest GreatOne

Oh great here we go with the KXLY live coverage................

I mean if it's anything like 1980 sure..................but christ we ain't there yet.

Guest Smues

I'll be sure to avoid KXLY until it blows then. Hell I'll probably want to avoid all of the local channels. VOLCANO WATCH 04!! I guess I should go ahead and label a few empty jars "St. Helens Ash - 04" and get them ready to collect ash to sell on ebay. BUY ACTUALLY ASH THAT I PICKED UP OFF THE STREET!!

Guest Smues

I'm thinking maybe Harry Trumen is the name of that crazy old guy who refused to leave his home even though they kept warning him he'd die if it blew.

I'm thinking maybe Harry Trumen is the name of that crazy old guy who refused to leave his home even though they kept warning him he'd die if it blew.

OK, I was thinking of the former POTUS, and was thinking WTF?

Harry Truman.. our first president to be killed by a volcano.. :(

400harrytruman.jpg

Harry Truman –- and his 16 cats -– refused to leave home at the base of Mount St. Helens before the eruption. The 83-year-old operated a lucrative lodge on Spirit Lake.

Guest Smues

He was just listening to Bob Barker and doing his part to help control the pet population.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Dammit, I wish I lived in Washington. This is the exact kind of natural disaster I need to point a shotgun at.