TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slimm44

Russo resigning

Russo Gives Notice to TNA About His Writing Position

Date Added: October 02, 2004

Story By: Tracey Russell

Source: PWTorch.com

Vince Russo has appearantly notified TNA that he will be leaving his creative position within the next month or so. Russo was noted as being sick and tired of the way things were being ran backstage within the company and the lack of input he really had in storylines.

Russo seems to feel that his position with the writing crew is useless and that their's no need for him to be a part of it any longer. Many also feel that he's tired of bickering with Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantel over the direction of the company.

Looks like Russo finally had enough. I hate to see him go. Now I guess we get to look forward to Dusty as DOA. B-)

I know he gets alot of stick, but I like Vince Russo in his latest role as DoA. He adds to the product, is not taking the spotlight off anybody (unlike the name mentioned by slimm44) and has been involved in good angles (again referring to the tag team tourney and road to the cage).

I still think that he can be a good booker when he isnt trying to shock everyone. I think he is a changed man and that his conversion isnt a work. He now portrays a good image on TV.

Im going to be flamed for this, but I like Jarrett too. I like him as THE World Champion, and the length of the reigns. He adds value to the belt in the sense that he makes it mean something, like HHH (who IMHO is creating the next Rock in Shelton and the next HHH in Orton, shame he couldnt do the same for Cena into - people are going to laugh at this - the next Stone Cold Steve Austin). He could do that to put over somebody is exceptional (Orton cuts good promos and his bumping is fantastic whilst Shelton is so good as being cocky and can really work the mat well) and young (24/25 bracket).

As regards the new DoA I put forward the name of Rowdy Roddy Piper. Coincidence, I think not.

Guest Marty2Hotty

These are inflated rumours. Vince Russo leaving TNA may be true, the part where he's tired of Jeff/Dutch could be inflated, though. Say it ain't so.

As for Vince as DOA, I think TNA is doing a pretty good job with that role. As for Jeff as champ, I like him as champ most of the time. However, I just want a feud to actually get more compelling. Like Monty kidnaps Jeff's wife or something. (don't flame me)

That will make a feud more intense, and more reason to enjoy watching a world title feud. That's my opinion though.

I don't want to see Russo leave.

Guest MikeSC

Because a World Title program can't POSSIBLY be compelling without somebody's wife getting abducted. :rolleyes:

-=Mike

Guest Dynamite Kido
Because a World Title program can't POSSIBLY be compelling without somebody's wife getting abducted. :rolleyes:

-=Mike

Sure it could. Just throw in a little bit of pregnancies, miscarrages, and other random shit.......

SWERVE!!!!!

or something.............

It would just be way too easy for me to flame Marty for that. I'm happy as hell that Russo's going to leave, and I hope he stays gone. TNA's infatuation with focusing half the show on nonwrestlers won't stop though. Either Piper or Dusty will take over as DOA.

On another note: is it just me, or did the Championship Committee idea flop REALLY badly?

Guest Donners

I guess it's just not easy to get guys like Funk and Race whenever you want them. It was a nice concept, but not a practical long-term thing.

If they are going to make the Championship Committee angle work they need to make an official office instead of having people walk out of janitors closets and have Dusty yelling at the door. They need to have an actual set with a board room where they can tape the segments.

And they need to make their decisions stand. They're going about the whole "tradition/Sports Entertainment" hybrid all wrong. The earlier shows, as in the first year or so of TNA's existence, worked because the hybrid of traditional, old-school wrestling programming and the edge of rapidity of Sports Entertainment was in good balance, with angles taking longer than just a few weeks to blowoff (usually), but within the start and finish of the angle there were SENSICAL twists and turns to keep the SE fans interested.

Remember those days? Those were the days.

I liked the Championship Committee idea too but think it should have been Race, Jack Briscoe (or Dory Funk Jr if he doesnt train anymore that is), Greg Valentine, Ole Anderson and Lex Luger. Thes people have legitimate connections with NWA and were all multi-champions. Rhodes still wrestles. Larry Zbysko achieved what exactly. Steamboats in RoH. I dont think Funks retired. If done properly it would be great. Nobody can question Race's, Briscoe's, Valetine's and Anderson''s spots and the role of Luger would be a tweaner making the decisions (since Briscoe and Valetine would cancel out Race and Anderson). They would have to vet, endorse and make stips for all championship matches. DoA takes care of everything else. Come on, get over the NWAs history, I mean you are using THE World and Tag straps for crying out loud.

If it were me, I'd have the Committee be Funk, Rhodes, Race, and Steamboat. A nice round number of guys with good history in the NWA. I wouldn't give them an office or whatever, but make the group very behind-the-scenes. They'd only show up when a decision needed to be made, and only one of them would be needed to come out and announce the decision. They would just pop up unexpected (I don't believe in advertising "This guy is going to make an announcement next week!") and you'd never know which guy was gonna show up. The only time all four of them would be seen together is at an event like the Anniversary Show. Maybe once in a blue moon one of them would have a match to straighten out some cocky heel. But TNA can't do it that way, because that way would just be too darn interesting.

Guest Quik

Vince Russo loves Jesus. He did this for Jesus, I bet. He would probly give Jesus the title if given the opportunity.

Seriously though, it's about fucking time. When Jerry Jarrett bashes you publicly, you need to take a stand and get out of the company. Maybe he'll come to WWE and push the closest thing to Jesus there: Shawn Michaels.

I like the committee idea, but put some names on there that would be regulars. They don't have to be their all the time, but make it similar to the NWA committees in the Flair DVD.

As for Russo leaving, I'm not surprised. I can't blame him, and I can't resist blaming him.