TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees/Twins ALDS Thread

I love how you guys are acting like the Yanks should be manhandling Santana. This is the odds-on favorite to win the Cy Young in the AL, ya know. Not like this is some shocking turn of events unfolding before our eyes.

Bruiser, I just think it is because the Yankees have had so many baserunners in the first 5 innings, and keep hitting into double plays. Even the announcers are saying Santana doesn't have his best stuff, but it is still early and he could get it going.

That's what separates good pitchers from great pitchers. Even when he's not at his best, Santana is still crafty enough to work himself out of jams. Most Yanks fans around here didn't seem at all concerned with these same Twins a week ago, so I don't quite understand the quasi-panic settling in here.

No, the sad thing is that the Yankees can't fucking hit.

They have eight hits. Johan's just good enough that he can usually get out of jams, if he should ever find his way into them. I know this does nothing to make you feel any better, but at least the Yanks are hitting him fairly well. If you've ever watched him pitch against just about any other team, you would've seen how foolish he usually makes hitters look.

Guest Smues

Oh no not God Bless America during the 7th again. Damn I hate this song, bring back Take Me Out To The Ball Game, or do the National Anthem again or something.

reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Bleeding Gums Murphy dang the National Anthem for 20 minutes.

I am running the radio boradcast for this game and couldn't believe that I was still hearing that after 2 minutes.

What the fuck?

When the Irish Tenner doesn't sing God Bless America during the 7th inning of a Yankee home playoff game, you know the Yankees are screwed.

Guest Smues

Oh wow

Ok here's the replay, let's see. Oh wow that was foul. Was even hard to see on the replays.