TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees/Twins ALDS Thread

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Jesus Christ, this is going to be a long night the way leiber is pitching.

Guest Anglesault

What's with this "hitting with RISP" thing that the Twins do?

The Yankees better win this fucking game.

Radke is looking iffy too, but damn, the Yanks are getting slapped around.

Guest Anglesault

Remember when we could have gotten Schilling?

And then when we could have gotten RJ?

Yeah, me too.

Remember when we could have gotten Schilling?

And then when we could have gotten RJ?

Yeah, me too.

I'd almost yank Leiber now before it gets worse. And even if the Yanks squeek by the Twins, which I am still sure they will, the Red Sox are going to fuck them up bigtime. Why not start Kevin Brown tonight?

Guest Anglesault

If things don't work out this year, I have a feeling that the one year "OMG, Younger pitchers are better than old great ones" bullshit that lost us Schilling and Johnson will meet a swift death.

Whats wrong with Ruban? Damn

and Jon Olerud fucking sucks.

Radke is looking iffy too,

I take this back.

Guest Anglesault

Ruben's really not an everyday player.

The Yankees losing the series to the fucking Minnesota Twins would probably be the most embarassing thing I have witnessed in a good ten years.

I want Randy fucking Johnson on this team the minute we blow this series. I don't care who or what it takes.

Ruben's really not an everyday player.

The Yankees losing the series to the fucking Minnesota Twins would probably be the most embarassing thing I have witnessed in a good ten years.

I want Randy fucking Johnson on this team the minute we blow this series. I don't care who or what it takes.

I agree. I've openly insulted my friends (who claim the Twins will win) sports knowledge when they've denounced the Yanks. I can understand losing to the Bo Sox or even the Angels. But damn, the boys just aren't executing.

Man, you guys overreact. I wasn't watching and reading this, I thought Leiber had given up five or more runs or something. OMG TWINS LEAD BY TWO IN THE THIRD INNING~!!!

Relax.

After watching several A's games, I'd learned that it is easy to make a mountain of a molehill. Scoring 3 quick runs in two innings against a guy who is as hot/cold as Leiber isn't always a promising start.

That, and I really don't like Jon Olerud. The other Randy Johnson talk is Anglesault.

Guest Anglesault
Man, you guys overreact. I wasn't watching and reading this, I thought Leiber had given up five or more runs or something. OMG TWINS LEAD BY TWO IN THE THIRD INNING~!!!

Relax.

Perhaps you haven't seen the Yankees with RISP this series yet.

Guest Coffey

Wow! Really? You've lived a pretty sheltered life then. How old are you? I thought most people expected the Twins to take this series. Neither team has AMAZING pitching, but the Twins, at least, have some...which was displayed in the first game.

The Yankees don't play a lot of small ball. They all swing for the fences. So, in close games, a.k.a. play-off games, they have to play like the Cubs. Home runs or run home.

It would help if anyone on the Yankees could hit a change up too.

Guest Anglesault

Wow! Really? You've lived a pretty sheltered life then. How old are you? I thought most people expected the Twins to take this series

I've heard no one but Steve Phillips say that.

Wow! Really? You've lived a pretty sheltered life then. How old are you? I thought most people expected the Twins to take this series

I've heard no one but Steve Phillips say that.

I've only heard people from Minnesota and rabid Yankee haters say that. Not people with an objective point of view.