Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees/Twins ALDS Thread

Guest Anglesault

I love that man in a heterosexual way.

Now can Lieber PLEASE HOLD THEM?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Sheffield is this team, I swear.

Jeter is the Yankees in the post season. Sheff may have been this year, but Jeter offensively and defensively is the heart and soul of this team.

Guest Coffey

Jeter is the Yankees in the post season. Sheff may have been this year, but Jeter offensively and defensively is the heart and soul of this team.

I think Joe Torre is the heart and sole of this team. ESPECIALLY in the play-offs.

Guest Anglesault

Don't discount Matsui. Matsui is a BEAST.

* I typed that before the hit.

I think Joe Torre is the heart and sole of this team. ESPECIALLY in the play-offs.

No. Its Jeter. Did you see how he lead his team over the A's two years ago? Or how he started off the Yanks 1st inning with a HR to tie a game. Jeter is almost invaluable to the Yanks.

Guest Anglesault

Jeter is the heart. Torre keeps the team functioning.

Guest Anglesault

Disregard my rants until the next time the Yankees starting pitcher pitches really poorly.

It's still a valid complaint.

Guest Coffey

Another home run. All four of the Yankees runs come from the long ball. If they run into a team with actual pitching (outside of one or two games) they're in trouble.

I don't think the Yankees can beat Pedro and Schilling twice each. Then again, the Twins probably can't either.

:)

Could the curse end this year?

Guest Anglesault
Another home run. All four of the Yankees runs come from the long ball. If they run into a team with actual pitching (outside of one or two games) they're in trouble.

I don't think the Yankees can beat Pedro and Schilling twice each. Then again, the Twins probably can't either.

The Yankees are good at beating Pedro when they have to. Or his bullpen.

Guest Anglesault

The Yankees are good at beating Pedro when they have to. Or his bullpen.

It's also worth noting that when it mattered most, when the chips were down, the Yanks beat Shilling in Game Seven of the WS. They lost the game, but that had more to do with Johnson and Rivera.

I can't believe we wasted movement from Ruben Sierra.

Its Jon Olerud's fault.

Even if the Yanks get past this series, will Jason Giambi be a realistic starter for the ALCS?

They took Leiber out at the game at the perfect time.