TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cerebus

The OaO Presidential Debate II Thread

Guest MikeSC
No...you jackass...she wants to see if you can admit to making a mistake or not. Which you totally avoided.

He didn't say he didn't make any mistakes.

-=Mike

I love the lack of apology for going into Iraq. I love it.

-=Mike

If he would have flat-out admitted going to war in Iraq was for the wrong reason, although the reason was thought to be right at the time - his numbers would have skyrocketed and he wouldn't have looked bad at all.

You know, when you apply for a minimum wage retail job (the kind of jobs that Bush is creating), you're asked either what your biggest weakness is or what you did when you realized you made a mistake.

Bush couldn't get these low-wage jobs. He can't ever come up with any such time or weakness.

Guest Brian

This is just a general question, but does anyone have any evidence of what Saddam's done so wrong in the last three years? How have things curbed since the sanctions began? Since the Clinton bombing?

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

If he would have flat-out admitted going to war in Iraq was for the wrong reason, although the reason was thought to be right at the time - his numbers would have skyrocketed and he wouldn't have looked bad at all.

It's unnecessary to apologize for doing the right thing, even if one of the reasons wasn't valid.

-=Mike

Guest GreatOne

Kerry's just dying on this 'global coalition' here.

Who the hell from EITHER side honestly thinks that's true anymore even BEFORE Iraq?

And btw John, confidentiality usually means they DON'T want you to tell somebody else.....................

-=Mike

It's unnecessary to apologize for doing the right thing, even if one of the reasons wasn't valid.

-=Mike

But it would have helped him in the polls.

That's all.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

-=Mike

But it would have helped him in the polls.

That's all.

I actually disagree.

And, Kerry, you said that not voting for the bill, even if your amendment failed to pass, would be irresponsible.

-=Mike

If you think THAT is one of the most amazing quotes in political history, you haven't been paying attention to politics or history very much.

Depends on what scale of political history you use...

I'd say "Let them eat cake!" was #1 on the "Fucking stupid statements" countdown if you go back a few centuries.

Teresa has also added in a few contenders herself.

Guest MikeSC

Kerry --- "global alliances" is killing you here.

Ditto your nebulous plans.

-=Mike

Guest GreatOne

So the lesson learned form tonight is,

When the questions are sorta there=Kerry looks better

When the questions are up=Bush looks better

PLAN!~

Guest MikeSC

Does his plan involve spinning this debate like mad and having the lemmings on the psychotic left boards spamming internet polls?

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Like it or hate it, Kerry actually laid it out.

He actually didn't. It was vague --- and his website is not really a help.

-=Mike

...Fortunately, Bush's plans are fairly easy to describe...

Guest GreatOne

Oh yeah MSNBC poll to announce Kerry 87-13 in 10,9...............................