TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

Guest Anglesault
*gets out broom*

And not a minute to early.

:)

Stop it. Don't be foolish. I don't care what the who's pitching for who and who has momentum and what has happened in the past. Don't write off the Red Sox.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Where's the King Kurt avatars? The brash Red Sox arrogance? Hell, is it there? Cowboy up? Is Varitek going to cheap shot A-Rod again? How about you throw at some Yankee batters for redemption! Where's Pedro and Manny's little dances in the dugout?

Do you fans know why the Red Sox went crazy when they clinched their playoffspot and celebrated like they won the world series? Because they KNEW they weren't going to BE in the world series.

Say what you want about the Yankee players, but they got around modestly about their accomplishments. They keep their composure, and do not act like boers whenever they win something. Has anyone on the team pointed to the Red Sox dugout after hitting a homerun? Has any pitcher pointed at their crotch after after striking out the last batter of the game?

My point? Babe Ruth doesn't want this Red Sox team to win because they don't have any class. Maybe once they have a major overhaul, they'll consider it. But don't expect to see the Red Sox Nation recover from this for a good 5-10 years. This is an unspeakable disaster.

Guest Anglesault
How about you throw at some Yankee batters for redemption!

Oh, it's coming. Matsui better watch his ass. The Red Sox are a team full of assholes (Curt), lunatics (Pedro), and yes, idiots (everyone else), and if they can get even a little bit of a moral victory by taking Matsui out of the World Series, they'll do it.

How about you throw at some Yankee batters for redemption!

Oh, it's coming. Matsui better watch his ass. The Red Sox are a team full of assholes (Curt), lunatics (Pedro), and yes, idiots (everyone else), and if they can get even a little bit of a moral victory by taking Matsui out of the World Series, they'll do it.

I wouldn't be this HASTY about it, but there is some evidence that could point to it. The Red Sox are primarily the one's who have started the fisticuffs in this series. They HATE the Yankees, especially after giving them the most embarrassing defeat in baseball history.

Babe Ruth doesn't want this Red Sox team to win

Hear that sound?

It's the sound of all the air rushing out of your post after this statement

I predict that the Red Sox will win the next 3 games.

Schilling's grand "return" will occur in Game 7.

The Red Sox will take a 5-3 lead into the bottom of the 9th, where two men are on...

And then Jeter steps up.

Guest Anglesault
This series is so fucking ass backwards.

Well, only if you discount that "better teams tend to win" philosphy.

Yes, I know.

OMG, Pythagoras says the Yankees suck, OMG.

He's been saying that for 10 years.

I was joking about the sweep thing.

I'm still nervous. I want this DONE tonight. If we lose tonight, we face Pedro. We lose AGAIN, then Schilling probably comes back for game six.

Please Yankees, FINISH em' tonight.

I predict that the Red Sox will win the next 3 games.

Schilling's grand "return" will occur in Game 7.

The Red Sox will take a 5-3 lead into the bottom of the 9th, where two men are on...

And then Jeter steps up.

:lol:

I am an A's fan, but I also consider the Yanks a secondary team alongside the Detroit Tigers. Moreover, I hate this edition of the Red Sox. I'll start cheering for them once they dump Manny and the rest of the dumb cowboys.

Slayer, I'll chalk your response up to being a disenchanted Red Sox fan.

Well, your post talking about the problems with the Sox and non-problems with the Yankees made sense and had good points until you start bringing in the whole celestial "Babe Ruth is hurting the Sox from beyond the mortal plane!" shit

It was said facetiously moreso than as a matter of fact statement.

Well, stop with the "REVERSE THE CURSE" signs.

Maybe if people would quit mentioning the "curse", then the Red Sox wouldn't have to talk about the curse. And the Red Sox "curse" isn't even a curse, it was stupidity.

The Cubs fans, as supersitious as we are, at least have some loon who actually did "curse" the franchise. It's still stupid and crazy but at least he made some kind of supernatural statement.

Unless Babe Ruth said, "I CURSE YOU TO NEVER WIN A WORLD SERIES" as he was packing his bags I never understood why some Red Sox fans claim curse.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Why don't they blame the dumb fuck who actually MADE the trade...why is ruth the curser?

Guest Brian

I was thinking more along the lines of the fact that Schilling was hurt and the offense wasn't there for Pedro. The offense in those first two games didn't show up through the first six inning. John Lieber was on the verge of perfection.

Because Babe Ruth was famous? And nobody gives a fuck about Harry Frazee, besides the fact that he started a tradition of stupid fucking moves that seems to have affected every Red Sox team since then.

Besides, I don't blame Babe Ruth, I blame Muggy.

Guest GreatOne
mccarver.jpg

Tonight in Game 4, the Red Sox need a great start from Derek Lowell.

If the Red Sox score more runs than the Yankees they'll win Game 5.

Whoever uses their speed on the basepaths will steal more bases and score more runs

mccarver.jpg

Tonight in Game 4, the Red Sox need a great start from Derek Lowell.

If the Red Sox score more runs than the Yankees they'll win Game 5.

Whoever uses their speed on the basepaths will steal more bases and score more runs

A pitch will either be inside the strike zone or outside the strike zone