TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

Guest OSIcon

Anglesault is the prefect example of while fans from both teams can be annoying, Yankee fans win by a landslide.

When Boston was down, all I heard from Red Sox fans were how they would just have to make the biggest comeback history. Meanwhile, the Yankees lose two *close* games and you have fans like Anglesault shitting all over the team. I know plenty of other Yankees fans who are acting the same way.

I'll take overly abrassive fans who actually have pride and confidence in their team over fans who bitch and moan at every wrong turn.

That game was fantastic, I think I had about 5 heart attacks, and lost about 5 pounds due to sweat. Papi is amazing. Hopefully the Sox complete my prediction, and go on to make the greatest comeback in history. Clemens/Pedro, game 1 of the World Series at Fenway, nothing sounds finer.

Just got home after being in Section 9 of the Grandstand at Fenway Park for the game. I'm fucking exhausted and I'll go into MUCH more details about my experience (all the fucking people I met and all the TV I got on)...but let me just say this:

That. was. fucking. AWESOME.

That is all for tonight.

Guest The Shadow Behind You
That game was fantastic, I think I had about 5 heart attacks, and lost about 5 pounds due to sweat. Papi is amazing. Hopefully the Sox complete my prediction, and go on to make the greatest comeback in history. Clemens/Pedro, game 1 of the World Series at Fenway, nothing sounds finer.

True, except that I don't believe Clemens, whom would start game 7 and I believe the Houston/St. Louis will go 7(likely with St. Louis winning it)...Would be starting Game one.

FINALLY, this series is fufilling expectations. I was severely underwhelmed with the idea of a sweep. The amazing series last year, the drama during this seasons' games, it would only be appropriate to go to Game 7 again at this point. I won't venture as to who will win, but it would be fitting for the Red Sox of all teams (maybe the Cubs moreso) to do the thus-far impossible.

Anglesault is the prefect example of while fans from both teams can be annoying, Yankee fans win by a landslide.

When Boston was down, all I heard from Red Sox fans were how they would just have to make the biggest comeback history. Meanwhile, the Yankees lose two *close* games and you have fans like Anglesault shitting all over the team. I know plenty of other Yankees fans who are acting the same way.

I'll take overly abrassive fans who actually have pride and confidence in their team over fans who bitch and moan at every wrong turn.

I don't think hes complaining just because they lost. Had the Yankees lost these two games normally, and just couldn't get it done, fine.

But when you have leads of one and two two day in a row going into the 8th and 9th and don't win, somethings wrong. When you go a combined 1-18 ith RISP, somethings wrong. And if you can't score a run when you get a guy on base, and the pitcher throws atleast 3 pitches past the catcher, somethings wrong.

Thats why hes complaining.

Because theres no sensible reason to explain why this series isn't over.

When Boston was down, all I heard from Red Sox fans were how they would just have to make the biggest comeback history.  Meanwhile, the Yankees lose two *close* games and you have fans like Anglesault  shitting all over the team.  I know plenty of other Yankees fans who are acting the same way. 

I don't think hes complaining just because they lost. Had the Yankees lost these two games normally, and just couldn't get it done, fine.

You must be new here. He complains just because they lose. Hell, he complains when they win poorly.

Uhh no. When the Red Sox were down 3-0, most Red Sox fans were already crying and changing their sigs and what not. Still, must win tonight for the Yankees.

This might be one of those leap of faith deals, but I think Schilling will be the man tonight. I'm not basing this one anything other than 1) I can't see Schilling having 2 awful starts in a row and 2) I can't see Jon Lieber having 2 awesome starts in a row.

It's only proper for this to go 7.

Guest LooneyTune

Not to look like a band wagon jumper, but if the Red Sox actually DO make the comeback and win, they deserve to win the World Series...no matter how much I'd hate that.

This isn't going 7 games. Not with Jon on the mound tomorrow and not in Yankee Stadium. Not suprising that the Red Sox can win at home, a good team at home but so are the Yanks (Even better at home).

Your boy Jorge needs to, you know, hit if they want to go anywhere. He's been fucking horrible all post season.

Last two games he's had 4 hits total I believe, with a few walks. Clark, Jeter, Sierra and a few others haven't hit as good in this alcs.

No, Posada blows.

He gets the most meaningless hits you can imagine. And when he gets up in a situation, where, you know, he could actually drive in a run?

He doesn't.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

somehow, despite having no connection to either team, except irrational yankee hating, i've watched these teams for approximatly 11 hours in the last 2 days.

now that i've done so, I can say without reservation that we are watching 2 of the worst managers in the history of professional sports. and i experience Ozzie Guillen and Dusty Baker on a daily basis, i definatly know what i'm talking about here.

Whoa now... I'm a card-carrying Sox lover/Yankee hater, but I can't fathom calling Torre one of the "worst managers ever"

Hell he's probably the only Yankee I like, really

Guest LooneyTune

Exactly what was wrong with the managers, outside of leaving :Pitcher A: in too long/taking him out too soon?

Guest LooneyTune

I heard Schilling is pitching for Boston, so thats a toss up. However, Lieber is pitching for NY, and he's been on fire for the last 6-8 weeks, so I give the edge to the Yankees tonight.

Boston.

Schilling>Lieber.

And their sucky relievers are a ton better than our sucky relievers. And, while we can't pitch Moose, Brown or El Duque, the Sox can pitch Lowe and Wake.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Schilling's "bum" ankle will have a lot of trouble in the cold New York night. Even if the Sox win tonight, they've thrown everyone/everything at the Yanks in the past two games. Who is going to start game 7? Who'll come in if Schilling is injured? Lowe pitched two days ago, Arroyo pitched three days ago plus an inning yesterday, and Wakefield has pitched a comination of 6-7 innings over the past three days. It just seems as though they've spread themselves too thin. The Yankees have Brown and/or Vasquez who are completely rested and ready to go for game 7, or in relief tonight. It should be noted that the Yankees still are the one who've maintained the lead for the past two games, the Red Sox haven't exactly been dominating them in victory. I just think the Yanks still maintain a semblance of control on this series, unlike most who are basing it solely on momentum.

Hell I dislike both these teams(The Yankees more though) and in general I dislike Yankees fans more then any fans besides Dallas Cowboy fans, however I have to say, enough is enough with 50 depressed crowd shots between every pitch, and then the camera shot barely makes it back to the pitcher in time for the pitch. Look, it isn't ONLY Red Sox fans that get depressed when their team is facing elimination, it isn't something SPECIAL because it is the Boston Red Sox losing, rather then say the A's/Angels/Twins/Royals etc., hell the second they get eliminated(if), they will all be happy to break out the Patriots gear and forget about baseball for awhile, so sorry, I am not "feeling their pain" Why should anyone feel sorry for a 170 million dollar roster that can't win the big one?

Hell I dislike both these teams(The Yankees more though) and in general I dislike Yankees fans more then any fans besides Dallas Cowboy fans, however I have to say, enough is enough with 50 depressed crowd shots between every pitch, and then the camera shot barely makes it back to the pitcher in time for the pitch. Look, it isn't ONLY Red Sox fans that get depressed when their team is facing elimination, it isn't something SPECIAL because it is the Boston Red Sox losing, rather then say the A's/Angels/Twins/Royals etc., hell the second they get eliminated(if), they will all be happy to break out the Patriots gear and forget about baseball for awhile, so sorry, I am not "feeling their pain" Why should anyone feel sorry for a 170 million dollar roster that can't win the big one?

Amen.

I usually take enjoyment in it, but enough is enough.

And they were doing it in the SIXth inning last night.

Guest Brian

As for who's going to pitch game 7, it doesn't matter unless they win. It'll probably be a combo of guys (Wakefield-Lowe-Arroyo in some form), with Pedro as set-up for an inning for Foulke.

If the series goes 7, I expect the Red Sox pitching to look like:

Bobo Arroyo (for 4)

Wakefield (2)

Lowe (1)

Tim-bre-yers triple header (1)

Foulkey (1)

Of course, the Red Sox are boned if it goes into extras. Although with the roll that he's on, I'm sure Ortiz would pitch a perfect inning.

Guest bigm350

I hate the Yankees but I don't think there's any way the Sox will take four straight from NY.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

if Lieber can pitch like he did in game 2 he should be MVP by a mile

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Max

Never use their nicknames again. You've never annoyed me more in this one psot than your entire posting existance.

Bobo?

Foulkey?

arrgggh

Guest Brian

If Lieber can roll the dice and pitch another game like that, they'll have to donate him to the Vatican. The odds are that much against him.

Max

Never use their nicknames again. You've never annoyed me more in this one psot than your entire posting existance.

Bobo?

Foulkey?

arrgggh

Bobo comes from me trying to think of as many first names that begin with "B" so as to keep that McCarver joke going. I don't even know what Bronson's nickname is.

Foulkey just sounds cooler. Don't deny it.