TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phenom

101 ways TNA Impact! could be better.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Not to mention it would look like you had faith in your talent's ability. You believe in them so much that you'd let them go elsewhere to fight.

aka NOT Bush league..............

Guest whitemilesdavis
Not to mention it would look like you had faith in your talent's ability.  You believe in them so much that you'd let them go elsewhere to fight.

Just a question then: Why doesn't WWE do this? Surely they've got faith that there guys will look OK against the competition.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Not to mention it would look like you had faith in your talent's ability.  You believe in them so much that you'd let them go elsewhere to fight.

Just a question then: Why doesn't WWE do this? Surely they've got faith that there guys will look OK against the competition.

They do, it's just an eliteist attitude. They feel as if they are the best and it would be a step down to deal with or acknowledge another fed.

I think Al Snow is USA Pro Wrestling's champ right now. That's why they don't do it. That, and they like to think they're the ONLY wreslting company in the world.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Well, I've never been sure what Bush League is, but somehow presenting your promotion as a national company, and then having your guys lose to indy workers seems, well, bush league.

Well, I've never been sure what Bush League is, but somehow presenting your promotion as a national company, and then having your guys lose to indy workers seems, well, bush keague.

That's why you try to send people to "prestigious" events. Like the Super J Cup, the Super 8 tournament, the King of the Deathmatch tournaments. That way, if they lose you can blame it on the fact that the talent they fought is considered the best in the world, US, etc.

Otherwise, continue a feud by having other TNA workers show up. I.E.-Petey Williams costs AJ a match, etc....

38: Make sure BG James never refers to himself as "B-Jizzle". EVER

Guest MikeSC

They do, it's just an eliteist attitude. They feel as if they are the best and it would be a step down to deal with or acknowledge another fed.

Actually, I can tell you why they don't.

It's a matter of benefits. How does it help the WWE, whatsoever, to co-promote a show with anybody? Who will bring MORE of an audience than the WWE?

WWE doesn't co-promote because that'd simply be a favor for the other company. The WWF got nothing from their promotion of ECW --- it was done simply because Vince liked ECW as a place to get talent and he was invested in them.

-=Mike

42. Have a match with bloodshed now and then to sell the importance of the feud.

The crimson mask has helped sell how much a wrestler wants to win before, and will in the future, too. I'm not saying have every big feud involve a crimson mask, but don't be afraid to do a little blade now and then, especially since even WCW had bloodshed before Russo joined up.

43. There is only one hour on iMPACT! Do not waste it. This means lay off the squashes, and quit booking matches just because ______ hasn't been on TV for weeks. If you want to give ______ some exposure, run house shows.

44. Start running house shows across the southeast to establish yourself. Doing shows for a few hundred people at a time is NOT a bad thing. Sure, you're not filling arenas across the country, but that's several hundred people who may watch iMPACT, and then talk to their friends about it.

45. Make fun of Corey Lazarus. Guaranteed money.

46. Treat the Naturals with some respect. They are one of two true tag teams that you have, and that have nothing to do with other nationally known feds. I'm not saying they need to pull a Jarrett with the Tag Titles, but they're a good team who play good prick heels. Give them a good old school manager and give them the exposure that AMW has. At least they'll earn it.

46. Treat the Naturals with some respect. They are one of two true tag teams that you have, and that have nothing to do with other nationally known feds. I'm not saying they need to pull a Jarrett with the Tag Titles, but they're a good team who play good prick heels. Give them a good old school manager and the exposure that AMW has. At least they'll earn it.

47. Do not repeat the same thing twice in short order.

48. Ignore #45.

49. Find a way to make the fans feel as though they are a part of the show. Polls before and after the show of their favorite TNA talent, feuds, and shows would be wise, as would an angle now and then that is decided upon by online polling (re: Taboo Tuesday).

50. Don't book Dani Filth.

51. Hit the grassroots scene. Send out guys to work MORE indies in NWA. Help them get booked and get people interested. It's a good way to find new talent, too.

52. Do the ONE THING it is obvious that the WWE doesn't do. Come here. Go to other poster boards. Get involved in conversation with US, the fans. Sure, some of our ideas suck, but we do care. WE might even help you. Plus, you can steal our ideas...none of us is smart enough to get lawyers anyway. Ok. Maybe just me. Hell, look at idea #45. Could you imagine if Raven came to the ring and told DDP to stop being a Lazarus? We'd mark the fuck out. Even Corey.

(This was acutally done once for a skit on the old MTV's "The State". I was not mentioned, but, I found it REALLY funny)

52. Do the ONE THING it is obvious that the WWE doesn't do. Come here. Go to other poster boards. Get involved in conversation with US, the fans. Sure, some of our ideas suck, but we do care. WE might even help you. Plus, you can steal our ideas...none of us is smart enough to get lawyers anyway. Ok. Maybe just me. Hell, look at idea #45. Could you imagine if Raven came to the ring and told DDP to stop being a Lazarus? We'd mark the fuck out. Even Corey.

You damn skippy I'd mark the fuck out. FREE PRESS!

53. Get your merchandise into retail stores. WWE merchandise can be found at various retail franchises, specifically their tapes and DVDs. Trading cards was a bad idea, as baseball and cardgames (like Magik and whatnot) have those cornered. The DVDs need to hit major markets, and more than a couple "best of" DVDs need to be released. Release a DVD of the 4/30 show in its entirety, witch each chapter being either a match or the interviews/segments in between matches. Have extras such as alternate commentary featuring the wrestlers of the match (and DON'T do the in-screen display that is featured on the original three DVDs, that is ANNOYING).

54. PUT OVER YOUR OWN TALENT. Kid Kash is the best heel in the entire company right now, getting genuine heat, and he has been the best heel for a little over a year. PUSH HIM. Make him a top contender for the X-Division title, put him occasionally into the World title hunt, and have he and either Dallas or perhaps Kazarian/Shane (I feel a Freebirds-style tag team/stable featuring Kid Kash, Frankie Kazarian, and Michael Shane would be a blast, as all three are GREAT heels with their in-ring actions) and have them hunt for the Tag belts.

55. Job Nash and Hall to a random X-Division teaming 100% cleanly (even an "upset victory" would do wonders), and make new superstars.

Guest Fook_Theta

56. Impact! intro should almost always be a short but very interesting match, where the talent can show the audience things that we want to see from WWE, but cannot due to their newish work-safe policy.

57. Keep Nash and Hall to comedy skits that entertain/insult the fans, then segueway into getting over some mid-card talent. "Go NWO on the NWO" theory.

58. When you have a performer that phantom punches, and you taped Impact! over a week ago, cut out the phantom punches. Monty Brown doing this three times in a row, then later on in the match doing it twice in the row makes TNA look like pure shit.

59. Don't waste time on a somewhat pointless or not well produced promo. Joy of Six was amateurish. The entire roster talking about what wrestling means to them is old-school but still somewhat good at getting over how important TNA/the wrestlers are.

60. Hire Heyman, err.

61. No more Jeremy Borash announcing unless it involves him being sent through a table at the end of the stupid revup.

62. Get Don West to sell AMW some knives, wherein AMW uses them to blade the fuck out of XXX. Don West and AMW form a managerial relationship.