TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phenom

101 ways TNA Impact! could be better.

20. Beg ROH to work a program with you. Cross-promotional angles tend to work and TNA needs good, over workers desperately

20a. Do cross promotion with foreign companies as well. Try and work out deals with Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan as well as CMLL in Mexico. Relationships with companies like this give your organization a more "Worldly" feel........thus removing the "Southern" feel that it has now.........

The next X Cup should involve companys instead of countrys. ROH vs NWA vs CMLL or just go South (TNA, Wildside, NWA Florida) vs East (New Jersey indys) vs West (Califonia indys)

Hey yo notice that Scott Hall aged badly and is starting to look like Larry Zybrisko?

Guest whitemilesdavis

That's a good idea, except they can't afford to have their guys look bad against another promotion. Maybe if they had plans on bringing one of the other guys in they could make that work, but otherwise, it wouldn't be good to flaunt a superior product of a rival company.

Guest Dynamite Kido
That's a good idea, except they can't afford to have their guys look bad against another promotion. Maybe if they had plans on bringing one of the other guys in they could make that work, but otherwise, it wouldn't be good to flaunt a superior product of a rival company.

Why not? It would show you that TNA is committed to bring you(the viewer) the best possible wrestling from all over the planet. Plus, you don't have to job all your own guys out to them. Let them supply their own matches..............

Guest Dynamite Kido
I don't know about you but I would like to see Team Dragon (everybody with dragon in their name) vs Daniels, Jerry Lynn, AJ Styles, Elix.

American Dragon, Ultimo Dragon, Super Dragon, and Dragon Kid vs. Elix, Lynn, Daniels, Sabin.................ownage.

Guest Shane Legend

Realize that Florida has untapped potential in alot of our workers and use them for more then squashes against Jarret, Raven and Monty. I guarentee you can scoop up a TON of Florida talent to make Impact good.

As for Shelley: Wow. Not to keep bringing up ROH, but I was shocked by his mic work when I saw him. He plays a great classic heel. (Perfect Example: Stomping Jimmy Jacobs into a corner, and taunting him with "HUSS JIMMY, HUSS!!) I'm stumped by TNA's lack of ability to use him as a full fledged heel.

As for the international deals: Why not strike a deal with other companies where TNA tapes matches involving TNA workers, and airs it during Impact? i.e.-AJ Styles takes part in the Super J Cup tournament. If/when he loses, Tenay pimps how the tournament is the best of the best in wrestling, and if AJ loses, it's because of the quality of his opponents not because of his lack of talent. Do this with everyone, everywhere. Everyone wins.

Create a midcard title or bring in the NWA North American title so that guys like Sonny Siaki don't roam the midcard aimlessly

I've been saying this the entire time I've been watching TNA

23 Hire a writer/booker who can book a clean ending.

Good Answer, Good Answer!!!!

25. Bring back Teddy Hart

26. Bring back Jim Mitchell

27. Reunite Diamond and Swinger

28. Give Raven a feud and let him talk

29. Bring in Jamie Knoble

30. La Parka = Ratings

Edited by Dewe

Guest Banders Kennany
10. Less Goldie

C'mon, use your head a little. There will be NO Goldie on Impact as she is on the outs with Jerry Jarrett and compant. So how can there be less than no?

Goldie did nothing for Abyss and Alex Shelly when she was their manager.

I know she didn't, but she's long since gone away now. She won't likely be back.

31: Find a wider spread of indy talent to sign. There's tons of guys they have in Wildside or could pry away from Ring of Honor that would just do nothing but go places. Brad Bradley of IWA fame is just waiting out there. There's just so much talent ripe for the picking, it's like they're trying to avoid them.

32: Fire The Amazing Red.

33. Bring in Josh Prohibition and M-Dogg 20. M-Dogg isn't a great worker by any means, and Josh is definitely the better of the two, but both have charisma, both have drive, and both have a small devoted fanbase from their days as Backyard Wrestlers. Hell, they've already been in a best-selling video game!

Guest Evolution

35. Cut Road Dogg and Konnan and get Truth back in the NWA Title scene.

36. Edit the Victory Road promo. If the old world is crumbling, why are plenty of people from the old world (Piper, Hall, Nash) showing up? It doesn't take a smart mark to realize that the promo is basically lying. NWA:TNA isn't making the old world crumble, it's keeping it alive when the plug should be pulled.

37. Stop going to commercials around one minute into the main event match. If you need to save on time, stop introducing the jobbers that will be squashed by Jeff Jarrett, etc, just have them in the ring already for the squasher and don't waste time with the squashee. A more extreme solution would be bypassing entrances altogether and just coming back from commercial as the bell rings. After giving us any number of squashes earlier in the show, we're waiting for a somewhat lengthy match as the main event. But when you go to commercials, we end up with about five-to-six minutes of overall match. Fox Sports Net likely isn't allowing a two-hour Impact show anytime soon, so editing the show to give more wrestling and less "other shit" would be EXCELLENT.

38. Decide exactly what the X Division should be accomplishing. Enough of these Gauntlet matches, if you want to bring in indy talent, give them an actual match instead of having them fight in battle royales every time to decide a #1 contender or whatever the stipulation is.

They need to re-evaluate the entire X Division. It seems that now they're more concerned with a nice spotfest rather than some actual story driven matches (re: Lynn/Styles/Ki era). They have enough talent in that division to blow people away, and that's something they need to do if they want to draw in more interest. Make some well-defined face and heel characters for people, get some feuds going in the division that aren't solely for the title, and let it take off.

Konnan and Road Dogg won't get cut because like them or not, the marks eat them up with a spoon, and they're easy to merchandise. They're good to pop a crowd, work an opener, or have a midcard feud, but that's it.

Run some new, never been done before feuds. No more AJ vs. JJ for the 100th time. Let's have Raven vs. Daniels. Shane/Kazarian could target Brown. Sabin turns heel on Jeff Hardy and tells him he's a shell of what he used to be, and Sabin is the future. Some of those matches might be ass but at least it has the more credible names doing something to make a new base of talent look good.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Why not? It would show you that TNA is committed to bring you(the viewer) the best possible wrestling from all over the planet. Plus, you don't have to job all your own guys out to them. Let them supply their own matches..............

I agree with doing the international agreements, as those companies are not in direct competition with TNA. I do not think, however, putting over a rival promotion is a good idea for many reasons, and TNA's main competition right now is American indies. Let's say you make ROH look good in a couple of matches. What's to stop them from capitilizing on that, getting their own show, and stealing away your fans? It just doesn't make sense to advertise a rival company. Now if they want to do a true alliance, like the old NWA, I have no problem with that.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I agree with doing the international agreements, as those companies are not in direct competition with TNA. I do not think, however, putting over a rival promotion is a good idea for many reasons, and TNA's main competition right now is American indies. Let's say you make ROH look good in a couple of matches. What's to stop them from capitilizing on that, getting their own show, and stealing away your fans? It just doesn't make sense to advertise a rival company. Now if they want to do a true alliance, like the old NWA, I have no problem with that.

See WMD, it makes perfect sense. I'll tell you why. TNA isn't going to take over the world and I am pretty sure they know that. So JUST TRY AND MAKE MONEY! Them advertising other promotions helps those promotions to do better and then more companies try and make money TOGETHER. This gives wrestlers more money in their pockets and more places to work. This motivates talent to keep up their levels of performance........it helps all parties. The thing that people seem to forget about when it comes to TNA is that they aren't making any money. If they don't start soon, they will EVENTUALLY go out of business. It's common sense to realize that will happen. They have to find ways of making money.......this would help. Nobody is asking them to bury their product and put over everyone else. Essentually, they would all have to put EACH OTHER over. Also, I think it's pretty clear that ROH doesn't want to become all of the things that you mentioned. I think they know their product would not appeal to a more mainstream audience and I have no clue about how much money is lost by them either. But their goal is to make money........and wrestling organizations have to learn to work together in the current wrestling climate. The only place that seems to understand that is Japan.......

But then that would lead to favoritism among the different promotions for workers who travel between them, and TNA doesn't like being told that workers hate it there because of how restrictive the style is, how short the matches are, and how relatively bad (in comparison to other per-match contracts) the payoff's are. Plus, few other indies have as bad of politics as TNA does.

That's why you have the workers under written contract. I think TNA should seriously consider this.

Imagine this: TNA strikes a deal with IWA Mid-South. IWA gets TV exposure on Impact in exchange for Raven working the King of the Death Match tournament. Show a little bit of footage that isn't too bloody, and thank IWA for letting Raven wrestle as if it was doing TNA a favor. Same with ECWA's Super 8 Cup, or Japanese promotions. It would go over huge, and help TNA AND the other company.

That's why you have the workers under written contract. I think TNA should seriously consider this.

Imagine this: TNA strikes a deal with IWA Mid-South. IWA gets TV exposure on Impact in exchange for Raven working the King of the Death Match tournament. Show a little bit of footage that isn't too bloody, and thank IWA for letting Raven wrestle as if it was doing TNA a favor. Same with ECWA's Super 8 Cup, or Japanese promotions. It would go over huge, and help TNA AND the other company.

But would Raven want to work the King of the Deathmatch? I remember reading somewhere him being happy not having to do the hardcore thing anymore.

It's just an example. You could put anyone in that position.

Guest MikeSC
It's just an example. You could put anyone in that position.

What if Raven or the boys get hurt? Screws up TNA booking.

-=Mike

It's just an example.  You could put anyone in that position.

-=Mike

A considerable risk.

Guest Dynamite Kido

-=Mike

Mike, you of all people should know that they don't need an injury for that to happen.

Guest whitemilesdavis
See WMD, it makes perfect sense. I'll tell you why. TNA isn't going to take over the world and I am pretty sure they know that. So JUST TRY AND MAKE MONEY! Them advertising other promotions helps those promotions to do better and then more companies try and make money TOGETHER. This gives wrestlers more money in their pockets and more places to work. This motivates talent to keep up their levels of performance........it helps all parties. The thing that people seem to forget about when it comes to TNA is that they aren't making any money. If they don't start soon, they will EVENTUALLY go out of business. It's common sense to realize that will happen. They have to find ways of making money.......this would help. Nobody is asking them to bury their product and put over everyone else. Essentually, they would all have to put EACH OTHER over. Also, I think it's pretty clear that ROH doesn't want to become all of the things that you mentioned. I think they know their product would not appeal to a more mainstream audience and I have no clue about how much money is lost by them either. But their goal is to make money........and wrestling organizations have to learn to work together in the current wrestling climate. The only place that seems to understand that is Japan.......

Only if the other promotion is chipping in to pay for the TV time. Keep in mind that right now TNA is paying for their slot, and I just don't see how giving it away makes business sense.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Mike, you of all people should know that they don't need an injury for that to happen.

No, but it gives them a far-too-ready-made excuse.

-=Mike

Guest Dynamite Kido

Naturally, you would get promotion on those other companies shows and tapes. Word of mouth amongst smarks is pretty strong.........

Not to mention it would look like you had faith in your talent's ability. You believe in them so much that you'd let them go elsewhere to fight.