TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

World Series 2004

Guest LooneyTune

blah blah blah, invite self to tsmbaseballchat...unless there is a different topic about the World Series I missed.

Sorry to break the knuckleball mystique.  The Cardinals faced Steve Sparks twice this season.

Comparing Sparks to Wakefield is like comparing Gagne to Billy Koch.

WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT WAKE?

Honestly.

He shut us down in the 03 playoffs, and for three innings of ALCS 04.

Hes had three good seasons in his career, and one ok season.

Hes not god or anything.

Hes not as good as Wake, I'll admit that. But comparing them to Gagne and Koch is a bit much.

Guest Rrrsh

Millar blows tho on the field. I think they will miss Millar's bat more than they will care about the defensive drop from Millar to Ortiz.

Guest Anglesault

I have an idea. No more pitching to David Ortiz. No good comes from it. If you must walk the bases loaded, do so.

Guest cpac

TIED GAME. How does a guy who plays baseball all of his life be so horrible in the field.

I hope the Yankees are watching this. IT IS POSSIBLE TO HIT FOULKE.

And my god was that hilarious.

You know, if the Sox lose this series, I hope the media finally agnoliges how bad a playoffs Manny has had.

Guest cpac

Manny still has plenty of games to I guess make up for his playoffs. He is though brutal in the field and I mean BRUTAL.

Guest cpac

FUCK, I knew it. Does Julian brake his other hand now? No longer are people going to chant 1918 after this week. Fucking Yankees and Cardinals.

Tavarez is a piece of shit pitcher, always has been.

Rolen with a fucking disgraceful performance. He shouldn't even get paid for this game. Just terrible at tha plate. Bases loaded, one out, you pop up the first pitch? Fuck you, faggot.

And Edmonds, ALWAYS strikes out in big spots. Always. It's fucking ridiclous how many times we need a big two out hit and this fucker strikes out. I know the call was a bit off, but he wouldn't put the bat on the ball either way. Any time he's up with two outs, 9/10 he's gonna strike out.

We've got to be the least clutch team to make it far.

Heh, what is this shit with Mark Bellhorn? That at bat was like the summary of the fortune that the Sox have had lately and the crap the Cardinals are doing (Tavarez).

Guest Anglesault
Jesus. Mark Bellhorn had a .377 OBP this year. He hit 27 home runs two years ago. HE IS NOT A BAD HITTER.

Someone's testy.

At the end of the day it's still friggin Mark Bellhorn. You don't let Mark Bellhorn beat you in an ALCS game. You don't let him beat you in a World Series game.

Most importantly, you don't put Julian Tavarez IN a World Series game.

And Edmonds, ALWAYS strikes out in big spots. Always. It's fucking ridiclous how many times we need a big two out hit and this fucker strikes out. I know the call was a bit off, but he wouldn't put the bat on the ball either way. Any time he's up with two outs, 9/10 he's gonna strike out.

Most players strikeout on pitches that are called strikes, but really 2 feet inside.