TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

D-Von Dudley involved in altercation w/ fan

Dvon will not get punished.  Not a slap on the wrist.  Not a "Hey Dvon, next time don't do that".  No one in the WWE will care. Worse, Dvon is actually getting DEFENDED by FANS, who could have easily been in that situation (taunting the heels, which is supported and encouraged by the WWE).  This is absolutely amazing.

Listen hear Rudo

I have actually had a wrestler try and beat me up after a show because a yelled during his match that he was working the wrong shoulder. So I know what thr fuck I am talking about here.

If I called a balck guy a nigger at a wrestling show or anywhere else, I DESERVE eveything I get. Its that fucking simple.

Right.. Don't say anything to the wrestlers or you deserve to get your ass kicked!

That's the stupidest stance I ever heard.

Unless you run into a match and spear a wrestler or something. (Run in and knock eddie off the ladder), you don't deserve to get your ass kicked.

The wrestler is at fault, unless physically provoked. Period. And this does not include a pat on the elbow.

Guest M. Harry Smilac
The fan yells "What D-Von? What do you want? What are you going to do, you hurt my back?"

Okay, let's assume up to this point that DVon was just having a bad day. Y'know, one of those days where you just explode. How STUPID was this? You've made him mad once, to the point of physical altercation and you ENCOURAGE MORE?

The first thing? If this report is real, then it's possible that DVon just had a bad day. But this part? This little prick is getting no sympathy from me.

I can't believe it took 4 pages for this to get pointed out.

Ok d-von was at fault for everything in the arena and it never got too out-of-hand and mister I have a bad back and can't shave got a little story to tell his friends on the net.

Say what you want inside but outside of the arena he should have just kept his stupid mouth shut and looked the other way.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I must have missed the part of this story where D-von beat the crap out of this guy. The fan talked trash and D-von got in his face and scared him a little. He didn't punch the guy. From what the story says he didn't physically hurt him an any way. I don't see the big deal.

I must have missed the part of this story where D-von beat the crap out of this guy. The fan talked trash and D-von got in his face and scared him a little. He didn't punch the guy. From what the story says he didn't physically hurt him an any way. I don't see the big deal.

I think the argument became more of a hypothetical, "If you mouth off to a wrestler, do you deserve to get your ass kicked?" question, than based on this actual incident.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Oh...woops.

Yeah, the answer to that's no. Unless you are in a bar or something, but not at a show.

D-Von should have thick skin. He's the tag team partner of a guy who happily called people in the crowd faggots and filthy whores and other such pleasantries many a time, with no provocation, all in the name of being a heel.

Look, plain and simple, it breaks down like this:

The account at the beginning of this thread is plainly favoring one side over the other. It is biased and poorly written in an attempt to paint the fan as a total victim of a wrestler with too much aggression.

My guess is that it is leaving out some important facts. How hard and how often did the fan "touch" (or slap or hit or just brush) D-Von? What exactly was said?

Because, acknowledge it or not, there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. Yes, wrestlers should be thick skinned and brush off insults regardless of how bad it is. But if the fans cross the line from "enjoying the show" to "threatening the health of the wrestler" then all bets are off. I've seen Austin, Triple H and Earl Hebner just unload on a guy who rushed the ring. And he deserved it.

Now this might be a totally a legit situation and if that is the case, then yes D-Von is in the wrong. All I'm saying is this guy could have crossed the line, so don't rush to judgment.

Oh, in that case, definitely, because you have better knowledge of the situation than the rest of us. Still, it's only one side of the story, and I don't see how it makes others wrong to try and make sense of the issue.

Other's aren't "trying to make sense of the issue", they are blindly defending the WWE Wrestler and hating on the fan. I don't get that. Everyone here is a fan, so why is the wrestler the one who is right here? The bigger wrestler. The paid wrestler. The wrestler who actually got physical. This incident could have been completely caught on tape and those same people would still be defending Dvon, guaranteed.

Just because someone gets in an altercation with a fan doesn't mean he should automatically be crucified. By that logic, the guy could've been raping D-Von's mom in the front row and he would've still been in the wrong for going after him.

Look back in one of my posts, I put a "*Within Reason" caveat in one of them. That was to prevent dumbass things like this.

I'll take your word on the "within reason" thing.

As for the rest...and we're probably coming from the same place in the end, because from the little information we have, it is wrong for someone to just say that the fan deserved it, and leave it at that (although in their defense, that write-up is so biased it practically invites that sort of response). At the same time though, I think that assessment of the situation in no worse than someone who would look at the same info and automatically say that D-Von and the WWE is in the wrong, which is how you came off to me. I mean, if you saw it go down, that's a different story obviously, but generally, I don't think it's fair to approach a fan/wrestler altercation as if the wrestler's at fault. Say that it shouldn't have happened or even that he shouldn't have got involved, but until more info is known, you can't really say that he was in the wrong or that he should be punished.

That said, I agree with you when you say it'll go overlooked by management. Barring any major media coverage or a lawsuit, they'll probably just ignore it.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Did D-von ever assault the guy? Cause I thought getting in the crowds face, acting aggressive, etc. were all a part of the heel act.

I was at a house show in Spokane quite a few years back, and HHH totally socked (or attempted to it was hard to tell) this guy who spit on him at the end of the show. I don't think it was ever even reported. And the guy got hauled out by security. Personally I thought it was funny and the guy got what he deserved.

Guest Coffey

Go D-Von. :)

...and, to be perfectly honest, it probably WAS racism. Just words or not, if someone called D-Von a nigger, he'd get pissed.

Period.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I think...

1. The WWE should work this back into the Dudley's storylines much like in the ECW days. Look at how it's got everyone here riled, hell, and you guys are the SMART marks. ;)

2. That fan just LOOKS like he needs an ass-whipping. Look, sometimes big-mouthed people just need an ass-whipping from someone bigger than them, face it. You'd wanna shut this guy up if you were in D-Von's shoes, so don't front all moral-like as if you're made of iron.

Final thought: Whip his ass, D-Von. :cheers:

*Wonders how many of these "altercations" are staged and how many are real...*

Plus I see a lot of assumptions being made here, so I'm indifferent.

Guest bottyboy
Man, stop the bullshit. It's a one-sided report clearly written out to paint the fan as an innocent victim.  It's only one half of the story. Unless you know the whole story, you've got no authority whatsoever to say that the man should be punished.

I was there.

I saw it happen.

D-Von was clearly at fault.

Better?

Oh, in that case, definitely, because you have better knowledge of the situation than the rest of us. Still, it's only one side of the story, and I don't see how it makes others wrong to try and make sense of the issue. Just because someone gets in an altercation with a fan doesn't mean he should automatically be crucified. By that logic, the guy could've been raping D-Von's mom in the front row and he would've still been in the wrong for going after him.

He wasn't there.

He's lying.

He's trying to win a argument.

Not better.

I want to know why D'Von is striking his heel ECW pose in the picture. That's the D'von Dudley stare down pose and if he does that in real life, that's beyond hilarious.

I only have one side of the story so I'm not making a call one way or another. I'm just wondering about that picture cause that's just funny.

Guest Dazed
You're a turd.

Better?

No.

I'm not reading this abortion of a thread through again, so is there any confirmation whatsoever that the guy called D'Von a nigger?

Rule #1 of being a heel: Learn to put up with offensive behavior

If you started watching in the 90s, you are void to this concept because you didn't live in the era. Infact more fans should get involved like this. How do you think Rico feels about being called a "fag" despite him not being a real homosexual? It's part of portraying a heel. For Christ's sakes, people jumping up acting like being called an offensive slur is provacation for the person to commit murder. It's wrestling where it is your JOB to make people scream at you.

So...are you implying that D-Von's not really black?

Guest Mr. Wrestling
Rule #1 of being a heel: Learn to put up with offensive behavior

If you started watching in the 90s, you are void to this concept because you didn't live in the era. Infact more fans should get involved like this. How do you think Rico feels about being called a "fag" despite him not being a real homosexual? It's part of portraying a heel. For Christ's sakes, people jumping up acting like being called an offensive slur is provacation for the person to commit murder. It's wrestling where it is your JOB to make people scream at you.

So...are you implying that D-Von's not really black?

Bad analogy

Still, D-Von- Heel

Fan- Supposed to hate heel

D-Von- asshole in this

Being a heel and getting called names is what is SUPPOSED to happen.

Okay, let's assume up to this point that DVon was just having a bad day. Y'know, one of those days where you just explode. How STUPID was this? You've made him mad once, to the point of physical altercation and you ENCOURAGE MORE?

The first thing? If this report is real, then it's possible that DVon just had a bad day. But this part? This little prick is getting no sympathy from me.

You're at a wrestling show, you're fucking around giving the heel a hard time and it gets a reaction, unless the heel broke character and made a sincere request to knock it off, why would a fan have any reason to believe that the initial response is nothing more than the game that they are encouraged to participate in? I don't want to speak about this incident because there are no known facts about it, but as a wrestling fan, I would never expect a wrestler to take something personally. A wrestler could turn around and tell you to fuck off because he found something funny just as much because he really did get pissed off. The bottom line is there's a game fans are encouraged to participate in and wrestlers have to accept as part of the job. Without a reason to think otherwise, I'd believe that the initial reaction was all part of the game.

With that out of the way, I think D'von handled himself pretty well in this situation. Obviously he had some button pushed and it sent him over the edge. Whether this was justified or not cannot be determined but he did lose it. Despite flying into this rage, he still kept enough wits about him to not simply pummell the fan into dust. He wanted to, and would have, but he had enough composure to not do so unless he was properly provoked.

Yes, he is a heel.

No, he should not have to put up with racial slurs. The fans shouldn't even be SAYING racial slurs. Don't give me that. There is a line that gets crossed.