TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Raw rating

WWE got some good news this week in the Raw rating, as it did a 3.7 cable rating, with a 5 share, according to Nielsen Media Research. That is a nice jump from last week's 3.0. The one negative thing about the number, however, is that it saw the second hour decrease from the first as the show did hours of 3.8 and 3.6.

Credit - PWI

Well, it pretty well had to rise from last week's number.

Thats awesome...they write a show while it is in progress and the ratings go up. Keep the system like that and see how you do.

It's only up because of Taboo Tuesday. I'd think the fact that they lost viewers as the show went on would be reason enough not to repeat that writing situation from Monday night.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

The Cincinnati Bengals were their biggest competition. If they didn't go up from that, then that would be the sign that the company is completely dead for sure.

A decrease in the ratings at the end of the show? The rating killer strikes again.

What do you expect when the audio goes out every 10 minutes?

Considering who was talking when the audio was cutting out, I think it was a blessing.

Guest Coffey
I'd say because there was no baseball.

...and the MNF game was a game that no one wanted to watch since Cincinnati is terrible.

Guest wrestling365
I'd say because there was no baseball.

This was probably the only reason. . .

But the ratings were doing good until the second hour of RAW, the sensible one can't catch a break.

Honestly, I don't think anyone takes Flair serious anymore. His flop has just become so cartoony now. It used to be he'd just fall out of the corner, now he stumbles forward, acts like he is ok, does a little "put em up" like the Cowardly Lion and then flop.

Orton should have been in a mini-feud with Batista, not Flair.

I don't take show quality into consideration anymore when it comes to ratings increases/decreases. It's obviously all about the competition.

Maybe it had to do with the OBVIOUS "never get a title shot" stipulation to the match Orton accepted where it was OBVIOUS Evolution would screw him out of said title shot. I mean we have only seen this happen just this year with Benoit on smackdown right? Or how about last year with Brock Lesnar? And maybe the fans could care less Orton does or doesn't get a title shot. Maybe Flair IS a joke. I mean he was basically buried on Kimmel's show.

I don't take show quality into consideration anymore when it comes to ratings increases/decreases. It's obviously all about the competition.

The competition does play a factor in things, but that's no excuse for them to put on the product that htey are. I can't wathc them hurting themselves anymore.

But the ratings were doing good until the second hour of RAW, the sensible one can't catch a break.

Honestly, I don't think anyone takes Flair serious anymore. His flop has just become so cartoony now. It used to be he'd just fall out of the corner, now he stumbles forward, acts like he is ok, does a little "put em up" like the Cowardly Lion and then flop.

Orton should have been in a mini-feud with Batista, not Flair.

I am thinking he does that whole flop cartoony act because it gets a huge pop like every single time. It's like the Worm taking two minutes to set up, or the People's Elbow. Overly silly, but it still gets the pop. Maybe he's just seeing how far he can stretch it and still have people cheer it.

Flair doesn't have enough credibility left to be getting serious feuds against anyone but non-wrestlers like Vince or Coach. Nobody will pay to watch Flair anymore.

On the other hand, he is over, so the obvious solution is to make him an opening match guy like Hurricane to get the crowd into the show at the start. Sort of like the way they used him against Benjamin at Backlash.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Ric Flair has been reduced to this era's version of Doink the Clown or Hillbilly Jim. Popular and over but totally lacking of credibility.

WOW.