TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

And So it Begins

So, SportsCentre just listed their top 10 Blue Jays players of all-time since it looks like Delgado's leaving.

10: Roger Clemens

9: John Olerud

8: Pat Hentgen

7: Tony Fernandez

6: Tom Henke

5: George Bell

4: Joe Carter

3: Carlos Delgado

2: Dave Stieb

1: Roberto Alomar

Delgado's gotta be #1. Second all time in games played, first in slugging, first in OPS, and second in OBP.

A couple interesting signings are hitting the wires. The Phillies have re-signed Rheal Cormier for two years. Dan Wilson resigns with the Seattle Mariners. Chad Moeller rejoins the Milwaukee Brewers. The Dodgers retain Elmer Dessens for a season, with a club option for 2006.

And for those who missed it earlier, the Cubs retain Nomar Garciaparra and Todd Walker for a season apiece.

All indications are that the Marlins will sign Al Leiter to a 1 year deal tomorrow. They have waited this long so they wouldn't have to give up a draft pick.

The more I think about Pavano...I dunno. Hes 28...which means *Gasp* hes just hitting his prime and he was 18-8 last year. Id like to see his #s away from Pro Player Stadium though...because Camden Yards : PP as Mt Everest: Anthill

12-2 2.83 ERA Away

6-6 3.20 ERA Home

Hmmm..

Guest Failed Mascot

I have a real good feeling that Pavano will come to Boston. Reason being; he wants a mentor and Schilling is willing to work with him. I think Pedro goes to the Mets and the Red Sox sign Pavano. Then hopefully they sign Radke or trade for Hudson or RJ.

The more I think about Pavano...I dunno. Hes 28...which means *Gasp* hes just hitting his prime and he was 18-8 last year. Id like to see his #s away from Pro Player Stadium though...because Camden Yards : PP as Mt Everest: Anthill

12-2 2.83 ERA Away

6-6 3.20 ERA Home

Hmmm..

The peripherals are almost exactly the same, and the difference in ERA is about what you would expect given that Pro Player is a good park for pitchers. The only difference is that Pavano's W/L record was better at home. His HR rate was lower on the road, so I would not expect a drastic dropoff in Camden Yards.

Wow the Yankees are really banking on a couple of guys who may have had fluke years. Womack had his best year last season at 34 so it's pretty much a lock his numbers will go down. Wright will be 29 next year so it's possible his resurrection last year wasn't a fluke but we'll see how he does without Leo Mazzone.

Guest Failed Mascot

According to this article the Yankees rotation next year will be

Mussina

Brown

Milton

Wright

Vasquez

Baltimore may actually be able to beat them at least 5 times in the up-coming season if this is true.

You know the Diamondbacks will eventually give in and trade Johnson to the Yankees. If by some miracle that doesn't happen, it could be a real interesting year in the Bronx.

Guest Failed Mascot

Cardinals agreed to one-year contracts with pitchers Matt Morris and Cal Eldred and outfielder John Mabry.

It's weird that Benson and his ilk get so much attention, and Radke is essentially ignored. Radke was probably the second best pitcher on the market, next to Pedro.

And Matt Morris re-signs with the Cardinals for a year.

Guest Failed Mascot

Very interesting to see all the good players that won't cost their signing team a draft pick.

Jeff Kent just got added to that list

Cubs also signed Henry Blanco and let Paul Bako hit the bricks. I'm indifferent, I guess. I don't know a whole lot about Blanco, except he's older than Bako and isn't much of a hitter, but what do you expect from a backup catcher? His throwout rate was a lot better than Bako's last season, too, so whatever.

Guest Smues
The Yankees sign Jaret Wright

Oh just great the Braves lose a starter and he goes to New York. I hope this season was a fluke.

Guest Failed Mascot

According to WFAN the Phillies have signed John Lieber to a 3 year deal worth $20mill.