TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

And So it Begins

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Maybe Eckstein can switch over to 2nd and play for the Yankees.

Yankee fans havew proven themselves to be more obnoxious than Sox fans these days. I mean really, whenever ANYONE noteworthy is let loose, itsa OMG GOTO THE YANKS~@!

Fuck

Yankee fans havew proven themselves to be more obnoxious than Sox fans these days. I mean really, whenever ANYONE noteworthy is let loose, itsa OMG GOTO THE YANKS~@!

Fuck

Get over yourself.

I don't want him. The guy couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag the last couple years.

I wonder who plays short in STL now?

Fuck

Get over yourself.

Look at you, standing there looking like Kojak

Fuck

Get over yourself.

I'm speechless.

Fuck

Get over yourself.

I'm speechless.

I know, it really is a pretty fucking silly thing to say

Fuck

Get over yourself.

I'm speechless.

I know, it really is a pretty fucking silly thing to say

Silly...yes.

Guest Failed Mascot

actually I bet Eckstein is tendered since Adam Kennedy will be out for the first half of the season.

actually I bet Eckstein is tendered since Adam Kennedy will be out for the first half of the season.

The Angels' official site said he was non-tendered...

FUN WITH NUMBERS!

Cabrera's 2004 OPS+: 79

Eckstein's 2004 OPS+: 77

Cabrera's Career OPS+: 83

Eckstein's Career OPS+: 87

Wow what a steal by the Angels at a cool $32 million!

Thank you grasshopper.

Actually I'd take Cabrera over Eckstein as well but it proves how incredibly overrated Cabrera became just by playing on the World Champs. Angels could have signed a decent starting pitcher at what they are paying Cabrera.

Guest Failed Mascot

There's no decent starting pitchers left. Odalis Perez is a product of the Dodgers' stadium.

I think their goal is to slowly get rid of all the white players and replace them with spanish ones.

I think their goal is to slowly get rid of all the white players and replace them with spanish ones.

Not a bad plan, honestly. I think a lot of teams may be taking that route in the future.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

well nowadays the game has 4 phases, if you count giving enormous sums of money to shitty players.

Orioles picked up Steve Kline. Evidently they believe the road to victory is to have your starters go 3innings and your bullpen go 6 everynight, rather than the other way around.

BJ Ryan is obviously getting moved to the closer role and they will trade Julio.

At least thats what it looks like to me.

And watch Julio become the second coming of Rivera as soon as he leaves Baltimore :lol:

For some reason I like Ryan in a setup role better, or even as a co-closer. I'm honestly surprised that no teams work with a right/left closer duo.

And watch Julio become the second coming of Rivera as soon as he leaves Baltimore :lol:

For some reason I like Ryan in a setup role better, or even as a co-closer. I'm honestly surprised that no teams work with a right/left closer duo.

The latest big rumor is Sosa and his big contract for Julio/Gibbons/Hairston. As far as Im concerned they better not do that trade, as it truly rings of Albert Belle version 2.0, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't pull the trigger on the trade just to make some sort of deal since the Steve Kline thing is the biggest move they've done (just narrowly edging out resigning Surhoff).

SEATTLE (AP) - The Seattle Mariners traded Aaron Taylor to the Colorado Rockies on Monday for Sean Green in a swap of right-handed pitchers.

Green, 25, was 4-3 with two saves and a 3.03 ERA in 52 games last season at Double-A Tulsa in the Texas League, striking out 50 in 77 1-3 innings. Taylor, 27, missed most of last season while recovering from shoulder surgery, then had a 9.82 ERA in five relief appearances in September.

Seattle also designated right-hander Rett Johnson for assignment, giving the club 10 days to trade Johnson, send him outright to the minors or release him.

The Anaheim Angels are the new kings of redundancy. So far they've spent $8 million on a shortstop they din't need (besides Eckstein, they also have Maicer Izturis), and they've spent $7 million on a 40 year old center fielder when they have one of the game's best defensive center fielders tethered to first base (with a cool .400 slugging percentage and his own $8 million contract).

Cabrera's better defensively, but is he $8 million better? Of course not. The Angels have spent $15 Million without actually making their team better.

The report of the Mets signing Moises Alou is bogus, he's close to signing with the Giants according to the NY media. Also, according to the papers, there is a Cliff Floyd/Shea Hillebrand deal on the table between the Mets and Diamondbacks.

Placido Polanco and Ron Villone accepted arbitration from the Phillies and Mariners, respectfully.

So, Polanco could be awarded up to $5M through arbitration. To be a utility infielder.

Ed Wade once again shows that he is a completely useless GM. He refuses to spend money on a good pitcher and then blows 5 million on a utility player.

I hardly blame Ed Wade for the Polanco dilemma. We would have gotten two first round draft picks if Polanco signed elsewhere. Considering we don't have any picks in the first 50 picks, we could've used them. So now we've got Polanco, at a reasonable price. I won't weep if Polanco takes up at bats we would have given to Tomas Perez. Besides, there is always opportunity to trade Polanco.

Besides, there's no reason Polanco should earn $5 Million in arbitration. His most similar players in terms of win shares last season were Tony Womack, Marcus Giles, and Alex Cora. Combined, they make about $2 Million. Obviously, if Polanco didn't get a $5 Million offer on the free market, it's hard for his agent to argue in arbitration that he IS worth $5 Million. Of second basemen in Polanco's range, only Alfonso Soriano made more than $4 Million last season. I think if the Phillies offer an arbitration figure just a shade below $4 Million, they're in good shape.

Fun news time of the day from rotoworld.com:

The Tigers withdrew a minor league contract proposal to Carlos Perez after learning that he's been accused of rape on three occasions.

This must be why the 33-year-old lefty has had so much trouble getting back into MLB since he was released by the Dodgers in 2001. Perez has never been convicted -- the cases haven't even gone to trials -- but his issues scare off teams easily enough. Dec. 21 - 12:40 pm et

Source: Detroit Free Press