TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

CNN Live projections

Guest MikeSC
I still don't get why they haven't called FL for Bush yet.

-=Mike

Like Begala said (I know it's Begala, but anyway) - there's hundreds of thousands of absantee ballots Florida wasn't expecting.

He projected they may take until Thursday (the deadline) to count them all.

By all accounts (since you get the ballots through parties), Bush has a roughly 100,000 - 150,000 vote advantage with absentee.

-=Mike

and CNN just said a Florida judge ordered the absentee ballots will *not* be counted tonight due to republican challenges

BUT...by all accounts, absentees will go Republican (they ALWAYS do) and will do so rather overwhelmingly.

-=Mike

It might be early but If Kerry fails to nab this election and that's at the moment in jeopardy. How quickly will the Dems redesign their program again and how long will it take for them to secure their 2008 "fore front"? and whom would it be.

The Dems would immediately put Hillary Clinton up as their top candidate in 2008, although they're going to go through some SERIOUS tantrums due to losing the Presidential race again as well as losing ground in the Senate, including the likely loss of Minority Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota.

Considering Hillary's skeletons (both exposed and hidden), I don't think she'll make it through the 2008 primaries. Someone's going to bring up her questionable law practices (Whitewater, etc.) as well as some personal issues she has. (Example- I hear that one of Hillary's "friends" got quite a few promotions in the military for reasons other than her merits)

Guest MikeSC

For what it's worth, if Drudge's map is right and the leaning states go as they presently are, Bush has already won the election. With room to spare.

-=Mike

A difference of 400 votes in NH right now. We've found our new Florida (although with much fewer EC votes up for grabs).

Guest MikeSC
If Kerry loses tonight, I REALLY hope Hillary isn't the nominee in 2008... :(

Ugggh.

Personally, I suspect Richardson would be the nominee in 2008 after Kerry loses.

-=Mike

A difference of 400 votes in NH right now. We've found our new Florida (although with much fewer EC votes up for grabs).

New Haaampshaaah is only slightly clsoer than it was in 2000...

Bush won by about 3000 at the time.

It's still a bigger gap than New Mexico was, though, as New Mexico was about a 350 vote difference.

I take a bathroom break and New Hampshire is suddenly back in play.

And if that CNN map is correct, Florida is VERY much favorable to Bush right now.

Hoeffel-Spector has tightened up to a 49-47% race in Hoeffel's favor with 59% reporting.

The Bush-Kerry race there is still about 40-60% in Kerry's favor though.

I take a bathroom break and New Hampshire is suddenly back in play.

And if that CNN map is correct, Florida is VERY much favorable to Bush right now.

The whole ELECTION is very favorable to Bush right now. But we'll see.

"My father was a long shoreman with Tourettes, and I've never heard anything quite like (Teresa Heinz-Kerry)." Samantha Bee on CC

I don't think she's joking. :P

Okay, the West Coast polls are going to be ending in a few minutes - Kerry will probably jump close to (or ahead of) Bush thanks in part to Cali.

The only proof DU should provide is for committing someone to an asylum...

CNN calls PA for Kerry

With about 70% reporting, David Vitter has about 53% in Louisiana.

He's still in danger of a runoff though... ESPECIALLY if there's a late charge of Chris John votes from Orleans Parish that takes him to 49.99999%.

?!?

Wisconsin's Senate seat is projected for Russ Feingold (of McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform infamy) yet he's only up 51-49.

Could we see an unexpected Dem loss here?

So is it clear to everyone else that Kerry NEEDS Ohio to survive here?

He MUST take either Ohio or Florida.

Florida does NOT look good for him.

Neither does OH, really, but he has a chance.

He still needs to win big by taking other states, though.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Now MSNBC is trashing the young vote, this after raving about them just 4 hours ago. Basically saying

"The young vote meant shit".

Repubs seem to be picking up a lot of seats tonight.

And it seems like the 120M+ projections for total turnout is on track, which is good for everyone, I guess.

Guest MikeSC
Now MSNBC is trashing the young vote, this after raving about them just 4 hours ago. Basically saying

"The young vote meant shit".

They voted in identical #'s as in 2000.

-=Mike