TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

The Thank GOD the election is over thread

Al Franken is stabbing Kerry in the back.

He's ripping on the global test remark, his stance on Iraq and lying about the Vietnam medals.

He called Bush supporters 'delusional'

Ummmm... BOB I expect YOU of all people to recognize sarcasm considering your the big SNL afficionado on this board

Franken was using all of the extreme right wing crap as a joke. Notice how he said "Kerry should've have said he would ban the bible... especially in the christian communities. Maybe the atheists..."

I know the bible thing was a joke but he sounded serious when talking about Iraq and Vietnam

Oh yeah, and fuck young people. You craven pieces of shit who try to pretend that you matter when you don't fucking vote.

Why the fuck should I have voted for John Kerry, if not for the "Lesser of Two Evils"?

I'd say that for being a candidate closer to my views.. he flat out surrendered today.

Young people won't vote for someone who has no real spine.

You can register all the god damn people you want, but if you don't give them a choice, they will sit on their asses.

The views of most young people are not adequately met by the current Democratic party

Guest thebigjig

He's ripping on the global test remark, his stance on Iraq and lying about the Vietnam medals.

Ummmm... BOB I expect YOU of all people to recognize sarcasm considering your the big SNL afficionado on this board

Franken was using all of the extreme right wing crap as a joke. Notice how he said "Kerry should've have said he would ban the bible... especially in the christian communities. Maybe the atheists..."

I know the bible thing was a joke but he sounded serious when talking about Iraq and Vietnam

so he sounded serious when he said "and he probably shouldn't have shot himself in the leg and lied about it to get his medals" ?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You guys had a bet? My last board bet didn't go so well. Instead of giving me the fifty dollars and changing his avatar and sig to match DerangedHermit's, Kotz just vanished off the face of the earth.

Guest thebigjig
I didn't hear that part- I'm on 4 hours sleep you know. Cut me some slack

It's alright... I'm just letting you know. I never listen to Franken (or any pundit for that matter) but I tuned in to see the reactions. Franken isn't bashing Kerry but the guys on before him were. Kind of ridiculous... "I feel betrayed" they kept saying over and over again

Guest thebigjig
Hey Bigjig, nice to see you back.

eh I'm bored... I won't do this regularly because I'm usually really busy at work but todays slow

Franken is so far out on the lunatic fringe that it isn't even funny.

His tendency to do the outrageous to guests of NBC while working there was a severe CLM (career limiting move) and has been listed as a reason why Jean Doumanian took over SNL in 1980 and flushed the show down the toilet. (Franken was Lorne Michaels' choice to take over but Al decided to be an ass and did a skit disparaging the embattled head of NBC. That stunt kept Lorne from being involved in naming his successor.)

His tendency to do the outrageous to guests of NBC while working there was a severe CLM (career limiting move) and has been listed as a reason why Jean Doumanian took over SNL in 1980 and flushed the show down the toilet. (Franken was Lorne Michaels' choice to take over but Al decided to be an ass and did a skit disparaging the embattled head of NBC. That stunt kept Lorne from being involved in naming his successor.)

His ripping on Fred Silverman was hilarious.

He's a real funny guy- Why Not Me is hilarious

Guest Salacious Crumb

I should've just got trashed last night. I'd probably feel a million times better right now.

Oh yeah, and fuck young people. You craven pieces of shit who try to pretend that you matter when you don't fucking vote.

Damn straight.

If you bitch about Bush and didn't vote, you have ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

His tendency to do the outrageous to guests of NBC while working there was a severe CLM (career limiting move) and has been listed as a reason why Jean Doumanian took over SNL in 1980 and flushed the show down the toilet.  (Franken was Lorne Michaels' choice to take over but Al decided to be an ass and did a skit disparaging the embattled head of NBC.  That stunt kept Lorne from being involved in naming his successor.)

The Silverman bit WAS hilarious.

However, his tendency to abuse guests on other NBC shows like Spiro Agnew on the Tom Snyder show and Henry Kissinger, who was trying to get tickets for his kid to see SNL, were just mean-spirited.

More personal opinion:

keep politicians the hell away from running the elections

since most states have their Secretary of State, a politician, who runs elections

Too much potential for major problems on both sides

Guest thebigjig
His tendency to do the outrageous to guests of NBC while working there was a severe CLM (career limiting move) and has been listed as a reason why Jean Doumanian took over SNL in 1980 and flushed the show down the toilet.  (Franken was Lorne Michaels' choice to take over but Al decided to be an ass and did a skit disparaging the embattled head of NBC.  That stunt kept Lorne from being involved in naming his successor.)

I've read Why Not Me? about 5 times lol. Great, great book

More personal opinion:

since most states have their Secretary of State, a politician, who runs elections

A partisan Secretary Of State is still better than an entrenched civil servant...

At least a Secretary Of State can be removed if the people aren't happy with their work. Civil servants are entrenched somewhat permanently unless they do something illegal or insubordinate.

More personal opinion:

A partisan Secretary Of State is still better than an entrenched civil servant...

At least a Secretary Of State can be removed if the people aren't happy with their work. Civil servants are entrenched somewhat permanently unless they do something illegal or insubordinate.

I was thinking more along the lines of making secretary of state a non-partisan office which has some bars to prevent people who are holding elective office (or have held it within a certain time frame) from running for the spot.

Just having it be an appointed position wouldn't do much.

Having Secretaries of State endorse candidates in elections that they're running is just unethical. I'm not saying they would do anything, I'm just saying it's unethical.

Naw, because I'm upholding my bet with KKK and he's gonna change it.

Conservative mods, have fun with my account. I'm gonna keep posting, so don't worry about that, but I need about a month of hilarious humiliation to get over this abomination. My party is so fucking stupid and my generation is even worse.

Damn straight.

If you bitch about Bush and didn't vote, you have ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

What if you live in a state that Kerry won?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Damn straight.

Nope, you have to vote to have any right to complain about the government.

Damn straight.

You can complain (like I am - a NYer that voted for Kerry), just so long as you voted.

No vote = no right to complain.