TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Silly people...

So I went to Blockbuster today to get a movie because I am home and there is nothing to do. Anyway, I am walking around looking at the movies and these two ladies are in front of me. We pass by "Enteral Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and lady A says "Aww, I hated that movie. I didn't get it."

Then they pass by "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" and lady B says "This was awesome, defiently one of the best movies I've ever seen. You need to see this."

I shit you not. Now I know people have their opinions and all, but hearing this was just plain silly. I actually laughed out loud when they said this.

Guest El Satanico

eh...it's not like Confessions was some terrible bottom of the barrel movie. They didn't say it in reference to something like Biker Boyz, so it doesn't bother me.

Eternal Sunshine simply isn't the kind of movie everyone will like, and I'm sure we all know a good deal of people that wouldn't like it.

eh...it's not like Confessions was some terrible bottom of the barrel movie. They didn't say it in reference to something like Biker Boyz, so it doesn't bother me.

Eternal Sunshine simply isn't the kind of movie everyone will like, and I'm sure we all know a good deal of people that wouldn't like it.

It was though. It had plot holes galore and jumped all over the place.

Anybody who sees a Lindsey Lohan movie for something other than her tirts should be punched rapidly. I am referring mainly to guys, of course. Stupid women... well, they can't be helped.

Guest Shutterspeed

I'd've said something. I wouldn't have been able to help it. Fucking idiots.

Guest Shutterspeed

Do you sell hubcaps for a '72 Pinto hatchback? Ooh, Mini Trucker magazine...

Hey Rudo, if they looked under 25, I probably would've given them the benefit of the doubt.

Guest El Satanico

:flips through the garbage films loved by tsm posters file:

I'm sure all of you are in this, and I'm sure we all also have a "classic" we dislike.

glass houses and rocks...heeellooo

My mother once saw an angry women come back to return a movie and demand her money back because she didn't realize that the movie she had rented was about gay people until she started to watch it and she refused to finish it because she found it to be offensive.

The movie..... "The Birdcage".

Being offended is one thing, but who rents a movie they know nothing about without reading the box. Ask somebody to describe The Birdcage in one sentence and "Gay" would be one of the first words.

I saw Mean Girls and actually liked that one.

Ditto.

I actually found it to be a pretty funny movie and the hot (young) girls were a plus as well...

Dames

Guest Shutterspeed

Then I look about at Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap and feel kind of bad about wanting to fuck the shit out of her.

Because she looks really ugly?

I've seen Mean Girls 7 times and I still find it to be a hilarious film. Tim Meadows OWNS that movie and it's a shame his career didn't get any kind of boost from it.

Oh, wow! Navy Seals!

Don't be knocking Navy Seals!

Navy Seals and Road House are two of my favorite films because I am under the firm belief that the directors intentionally made the films make no sense whatsoever and therefore they are greatness.

Do you have that one movie with that one guy that came out last year?

P.S.: Mean Girls is a good movie.

Best description I ever heard of a film

"It sorta looked like it took place in the 80's, but it wasn't made in the 80's and it starred that guy who was in that action movie in the 80's. Oh! And there was a blonde girl in it who wasn't very bright."

Ok, NAME that movie!

Do you have that one movie with that one guy that came out last year?

P.S.: Mean Girls is a good movie.

Best description I ever heard of a film

"It sorta looked like it took place in the 80's, but it wasn't made in the 80's and it starred that guy who was in that action movie in the 80's. Oh! And there was a blonde girl in it who wasn't very bright."

Ok, NAME that movie!

Not Another Teen Movie.

Guest Shutterspeed
Because she looks really ugly?

More because she's 12 years old. I was referring to present Lindsay.

there were these people with little kids with them and they were getting Stuart Little because they thought it was Stuart Little 2 (which, IIRC, was about to come out theatrically)

Mean Girls was really good. And what plotholes did Confessions have outside of things that were proven to be outright lies? I mean, I hated Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, but I didn't find glaring plotholes in it.

This sorta reminds me of these two kids that were making fun of me for renting the original Dawn of the Dead, when they had Scream 3 in their hands.

Guest LooneyTune

I've honestly heard people call Santa with Muscles a good movie...I don't think I can say or do anything to top that.