TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

SMACKDOWN SPOILERS inside

The logical route is to have Eddy pin Bradshaw to avenge his loss and drop the title to Angle at the Royal Rumble.

Ten Thousand gold doubloons says this doesn't happen. I think either JBL drops the belt without doing the job, or he pins Eddie to retain.

Or they could done a spot where Jesus goes to hit Cena with a pipe, the referee goes to stop him, Jesus drops the pipe, Cena uses it on CCC, which the crowd would eat up, and then he pins him. That way, not only is the match over quickly to avoid CCC doing any more damage to his shoulder, but Cena gets his revenge by taking CCC out of action, and CCC doesn't look like a chump for losing clean in less than 5 minutes. They may not have completely given up on CCC, but I still maintain that if they were totally behind him, they wouldn't have had him lose clean.

See, I'm not a real fan of that finish. When Cena used the steel chain at WrestleMania XX, the fans loved it because they figured Cena really had no other way to win the match. The Big Show already had such a towering advantage over him and, if the FU wasn't enough to put him down, what would be? The weapon use there was fine because it was realistic. In this case, I think the situation would be a little different. First off, Cena and Carlito are pretty much alike in physical structure. Neither of them are much bigger than the other. With this being true, Cena really shouldn't HAVE to use a steel pipe to get the advantage. Cena isn't Eddie Guerrero. Cheating isn't his gimmick, nor should it be. If he was passionate enough to get revenge on Carlito like he said he was, he shouldn't need to realize on a sneaky pipe shot which only came thanks to failed interference. He should let his passion take over through both his wrestling and his brawling skills. In the end, what does using a pipe against your hated enemy really accomplish? Beating him cleanly in the ring does so much more to satisfy the fans revenge-wise.

As for protecting Carlio in this situation, most heels typically lose clean in title matches. Why should this be any different? Honestly, by the time Carlito comes back, there shouldn't really be any people that disregard him for losing to Cena quickly. They'll dislike his conceited attitude just as they did before. There is absolutely no shame in someone losing clean in a title match - in theory, that is what should happen in nearly all championship matches. It makes the new champion look stronger and, if the situation is handled right, shouldn't hurt the loser. If you start complaining about how this title loss shouldn't have been handled cleanly, it could start a bad precedent for other WWE Title losses in the future.

See, I'm not a real fan of that finish. When Cena used the steel chain at WrestleMania XX, the fans loved it because they figured Cena really had no other way to win the match. The Big Show already had such a towering advantage over him and, if the FU wasn't enough to put him down, what would be? The weapon use there was fine because it was realistic. In this case, I think the situation would be a little different. First off, Cena and Carlito are pretty much alike in physical structure. Neither of them are much bigger than the other. With this being true, Cena really shouldn't HAVE to use a steel pipe to get the advantage. Cena isn't Eddie Guerrero. Cheating isn't his gimmick, nor should it be. If he was passionate enough to get revenge on Carlito like he said he was, he shouldn't need to realize on a sneaky pipe shot which only came thanks to failed interference. He should let his passion take over through both his wrestling and his brawling skills. In the end, what does using a pipe against your hated enemy really accomplish? Beating him cleanly in the ring does so much more to satisfy the fans revenge-wise.

As for protecting Carlio in this situation, most heels typically lose clean in title matches. Why should this be any different? Honestly, by the time Carlito comes back, there shouldn't really be any people that disregard him for losing to Cena quickly. They'll dislike his conceited attitude just as they did before. There is absolutely no shame in someone losing clean in a title match - in theory, that is what should happen in nearly all championship matches. It makes the new champion look stronger and, if the situation is handled right, shouldn't hurt the loser. If you start complaining about how this title loss shouldn't have been handled cleanly, it could start a bad precedent for other WWE Title losses in the future.

It would get a pop because Cena would be turning the tables on the heel, and using his own weapon against him.

As for protecting Carlio in this situation, most heels typically lose clean in title matches. Why should this be any different?

Because he's not established enough to survive a clean loss. I'm surprised, though not much, that this point is lost on people. When someone loses clean barely a month after debuting, it doesn't make them seem real strong.

It would get a pop because Cena would be turning the tables on the heel, and using his own weapon against him.

But then again, it wouldn't do anything for either the value of the United States Championship or the reputation of John Cena. The Title match was surrounded by interference, and Cena needed a foreign object to beat a guy he passionately swore revenge against. We wouldn't even have an idea of who the better man was in this feud - both of them would have needed weapons to win (Cena needing a weapon against a man that had already admitted he was injured) - and with Carlito being injured and Cena filming a movie, we have no idea when we would have found out the answer to this question. There just is no problem with Carlito losing in this case. It might pop the crowd in the arena at the time, but it would do no favors for either guy at the end.

Because he's not established enough to survive a clean loss. I'm surprised, though not much, that this point is lost on people. When someone loses clean barely a month after debuting, it doesn't make them seem real strong.

He won the United States Championship in his first televised WWE match! How can you get much stronger than that?

He's being pushed during the show. He's getting put in Main Events against people like John Cena and Rey Misterio. He was put in a high-profile Survivor Series Elimination match with a considerable amount of Smackdown Main Eventers. He's had an entire prominent storyline involved around him with the Cena Nightclub angle.

He's looked very strong in the two months he's been in the federation thus far.

One clean title loss will not kill him, nor make him look weaker to the point where the fans don't respect him.

You're overreacting.

What's with the RAW DIVA Search contestants being on Smackdown! I mean why did they switch shows and why are they still on TV? Overall looks like a decent show.

I don't see it as a big problem, HTQ. He lost clean to the biggest star on the show other than Undertaker. He has to take three months off anyways, so if they push him hard when he returns nobody is going to remember that loss to Cena other than the fact that they're 1-1 against each other now.

I can see what you're saying, and I probably would have done it a different way, but I don't think this loss kills Carlito at all.

Rick Scaia has really long, detailed, rambling spoilers at:

http://www.onlineonslaught.com/columns/oo/20041117s.shtml

Some notes from that:

-They had to film the end of the Chavo/Kidman match twice and they blew it both times (top rope Gory Bomb) so Chavo just did a normal one for the win. Chavo was met with absolute silence from the crowd during the match.

-Crowd totally turned on the Tough Enough segment. Puder was the only one who got any positive reaction at all.

-Angle's match was a squash, two minutes top. (I wonder where this little angle is going? The debut of somebody who beats him and is introduced into a big feud with Angle?)

I think that Angle might face Michaels at WM21 like someone else said, and that most likely wouldn't be for the belt. Here are scenarios and prognosis for each participant in the Fatal Fourway:

JBL---Has had a long reign as champ, and dropping the Title would make him stronger down the road. If he wins, who are the challengers? Eddie, Booker and Taker all lost against him and then lose to him all at once. Cena won't face him at the Rumble, and JBL will still be a champ with no challengers. I doubt he keeps it.

Eddie---Eddie has not been handled the best since dropping the title to JBL. He and Angle still have something to settle in their series, and the Rumble or WM should be a match between the two. If Eddie wins, I think he would either face Angle at the Rumble for the title, or they would have heavy interaction during the Rumble match itself to set up a Mania feud. Eddie would have challengers of Angle, JBL and possibly Booker.

Good choice to win the match.

Booker T---Booker could fit the "transitional champ" role that someone seems to get at the end of the year. This could be a huge step for Booker, and in a dream world, they could bring up his past with RVD and bring that into a feud for the title. Booker's challengers would be Angle, JBL, possible Eddie, and hopefully RVD. Interesting scenarios there.

Undertaker---He could hold the title until Mania, but then you have to factor in the Mania streak. Him losing the title at Mania in a clean match would be a HUUUUUUUUGE rub, but would they do it? If Taker wins, he could start his rumored feud with Angle, face JBL (please no), have Heidenreich wanting a rematch (please no), or possibly Eddie or Booker. Although there are some interesting options, I don't see it coming out this way.

I see Eddie taking the strap.

I figured they would have Cena just brutally assault Carlito and have it be a non-match. Carlito then becomes injured and Cena gets suspended, title tournament finals at Armageddon...

Instead we get Carlito telling us he's already injured, jobbing in 3 minutes, and Cena winning the US title for a 3rd time... and assuming he's stripped of the title due to "injury", the sum total of his 2nd and 3rd reign are 5 days (TV time). Wow.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Armageddon should just be (in addition to the four way match) a one night Eight Man tournament with

Haas

RVD

Mysterio

Holly

TBS

Angle (just to make it seem important enough he was put into it, and he can protest it but long basically says "tough shit")

Reigns

Kidman

and have RVD beat Kidman in the finals.

TBS Vs Angle (ends in DDQ)

Kidman over Mysterio (Kidman draws bye to finals)

Reigns over Holly

RVD over Haas

RVD over reigns and RVD over kidman in the finals.

Guest Suicide King

I was at this show... I didn't think it was all that bad. ;)

Anyway, to answer an earlier question, Nawrocki was the TE guy voted off. He is the one with the hurt ribs you may recall.

Edited by Suicide King

Is this the first time Rob's had a female valet or has been in an angle with a girl?

During the Invasion they had him be Stephanie's pick to lead the Alliance in the absence of Stone Cold(when he lost the WWF title).

She also helped him beat Jericho twice and got him a match on Raw against the Rock the night after Unforgiven.

Edit: All this happened in the space of a few weeks, they seemed to be hinting at RVD being Stephanie's Favourite member of the Alliance.

Edited by deancoles411

Hey guys, JBL will defend the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

WWE loses a potential monumental title loss *AND* a way to make Smackdown! seem important by hot-shotting the title off Bradshaw and then making a 3-month feud for WM.

NO ONE on Smackdown! is drawing.

JBL Vs. Cena at WM...or JBL Vs. Someone else.

RVD is backstage with a blonde from the diva search contest (Michelle),

that had the southern accent. Looks like she'll be his personal trainer.

Backstage: JBL welcomes Diva search loser Amy Weber to his staff.

Carlito is in his locker room, and diva search loser Joy tries to massage

CCC's shoulder, but he yells at her. She vows revenge on him.

God damn it, I hate Vince sometimes.

I read the spoilers like eight hours ago and the only thing that I can remember wanting to see is the Bashams (hopefully) stiffing the TE kids.

Does my memory suck or is that seriously the best they can offer?