TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Marvel's Sentry

Far as I know it was something Wizard dreamed up as a pratical joke that lasted for a good long while.

Story was that before the Fantastic Four Stan Lee and someone elses whos name I forget, created Sentry, who was kind of an omage to Superman I believe. Either way The Sentry was lost and never saw print but a few years ago Wizard started running articles about The long lost Sentry and how they would be making a brand new series for him, exciting many a fan boy who wanted to see what the REAL first marvel super hero was like. Then Wizard exposed it as being there best pratical joke ever, far overdoing even the fake Spider-Man movie poster (That was also years before the movie actually was made back when James Camron was attached to direct) Apperently Wizard and Marvel thought this up together as a fun joke, which pissed everyone off. Naturally. Though Im sure they knew it would of.

Im pretty sure thats the story anyways if its not then would someone please correct it.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/sentry.htm

It was later revealed that the Sentry was the Void, and for that reason he had to make people forget about him. The Sentry's watchtower was programmed to make people forget about the Sentry in hope that the void will vanish. After the revelation they set the tower again and people forget once more.

Not sure how Bendis is going to handle the Void issue.

Speaking of, is Bendis really bad with continuity? I've heard gripings from his stuff on DD and Avengers. (besides other just retardation on the Avengers) based on other stuff that he completely controls, USM, Jinx, Powers, he seems really good. How many damn comics does he write now? It's probably an issue of being stretched too thin. USM has not been all that for a while, and I don't really like UFF.

I don't think Bendis really gives a shit about anything written before he picked up pen and put it to paper.

Speaking of, is Bendis really bad with continuity? I've heard gripings from his stuff on DD and Avengers. (besides other just retardation on the Avengers) based on other stuff that he completely controls, USM, Jinx, Powers, he seems really good. How many damn comics does he write now? It's probably an issue of being stretched too thin. USM has not been all that for a while, and I don't really like UFF.

I think a lot of creators are annoyed by the continuity of long-running books - Byrne (at times) is another example. And I can sorta see where they're coming from, but if you're coming onto a comic for issue 430, you should probably have a good idea what you're getting into.

I think a lot of creators are annoyed by the continuity of long-running books - Byrne (at times) is another example.

True. At least Byrne tries to write characters as their creators originally intended though!

True. At least Byrne tries to write characters as their creators originally intended though!

Sometimes. Somehow I don't think that Hippolyta was intended to be in the JSA, although in all fairness that did fix that continuity problem left by Crisis...