TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
brighty

WWE DVDs for release next year

Guest LooneyTune

Me Wantie! At least it's not over-loaded with too much crap from the last few years.

Not a bad line-up. Shame the Hardcore match between him and Jericho from Unforgiven had to be cut due to the WWF name bullshit, I liked that match of theirs better.

Then how come the InVasion match with Jeff Hardy is on there?

You GOTTA have the Jeff match from Invasion. Heh.

Hell I wanna get this DVD so I can see him vs. Scotty Flamingo from WCW Worldwide in 1993. I have a very faint recollection of RVD when he was Robbie V. That match will be like seeing those 1993 Dreamer vs. Taz matches on the ECW DVD, back when Dreamer had the suspenders and oh so gay blue tights, and Taz looked like a caveman.

I haven't seen the Hostile City Sabu match either, but that Hardcore Heaven Sabu match is off the hook. I believe that's the one with the broken ring, one of the most deranged matches I've ever seen.

Guest LooneyTune

The only match on that list I wouldn't like is probably vs. Axl Rotten. I've never liked a Rotten match ever. The rest I've never seen or don't have period...except Hardy/RVD< but only parts of it from the Best of 2001 RAW.

You GOTTA have the Jeff match from Invasion. Heh.

I have no problems with that match on there.

I'm just saying, people who blame the "WWF Trademark Legalities" for omission of matches on newly-released DVD sets are grasping for straws. The WWE has been working around that. The Cactus Jack-Triple H Royal Rumble 2000 match is on the Mick Foley DVD. The Chris Benoit-Kurt Angle Raw 2001 Cage match is on the Benoit DVD. They've got the Jeff-RVD InVasion match on this one.

The WWF Trademark is not an issue with these things anymore. It's whether or not they choose to release them on the sets.

The thing I am puzzled about is this: Who cares enough about this logo crap to do something about it? I doubt many at the World Wildlife Fund buy WWE DVDs, so hardly anyone would even notice the logo thing. And if the simple explanation of "This match was done before we changed our name to WWE" doesn't satisfy them, then fuck em.

Surely a little disclaimer like "Matches pre 2002 were from the WWF, matches post 2002 are WWE" would satisfy.

I misread it, I figured it was a typical of them from RAW. Their SummerSlam rematch was better anyway.

Guest LooneyTune

I misread it, I figured it was a typical of them from RAW. Their SummerSlam rematch was better anyway.

Wha!? The match felt like a mess. Invasion match was easily ****'s, while the Ladder match was very...blech. ** tops.

RVD DVD for pre-order at DDD for only $5.99. I don't know if the price will stand, but it's worth a shot guys. The Andre the Giant DVD is also $5.99.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=WWE056089

Ok, say if I pre-ordered it for 5.99 and they later adjusted the price to the real thing (which would probably be the 16$ tag they give for most WWE DVDs), would I get charged for the full price or the blatantly obvious pre-order price mistake?

RVD DVD for pre-order at DDD for only $5.99. I don't know if the price will stand, but it's worth a shot guys. The Andre the Giant DVD is also $5.99.

Ok, say if I pre-ordered it for 5.99 and they later adjusted the price to the real thing (which would probably be the 16$ tag they give for most WWE DVDs), would I get charged for the full price or the blatantly obvious pre-order price mistake?

That's bait and switch - worst they can do is cancel the order.

Depends how honourable the site is.

But if you have a reciept or e-mail confirmation of your order with the 5.99 price, then I'm pretty sure it'd be some sort of offence if they charged you more. Might be a little hassle if they're stubborn, but if the price says 5.99 and you see the price as 5.99 then they can only charge you 5.99.

Yeah, DDD is a great site. They will either give it to you for that price (they have honored mis-prices for me and others before) or they'll just cancel the order.

I just called DDD to ask about a few things, including this one, and again I have good news. I asked when this DVD would be shipping to me, and they said they'll have them in on the 15th of this month, and that mine would ship that day. I asked how much I'd be charged, and she first said $14.99, since she was at that time looking at the overall information for the item. I told her to check my actual order, and she confirmed that I would only be charged the misprice of $5.99 on the 15th, and this CSR also told me that anyone who actually ordered it at that price, would indeed get it at that price.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Wal-Mart is pretty cheap too for the non online variety. The big chains usually have WWE DVD's for 23.99 but WM has it for 16.99

Problem is? Once they are out, they stay out. However; the other day they still had about 15 Taboo Tuesday's sitting there. They even knocked that one down to 14.89, no one's touching it. Im sure by March it'll be in the 5.50 bin

Guest The Shadow Behind You

When Bret stops being a coward and does tv.

That's the sticking point; Bret wants control of the selection, Vince wants bret to do tv.

Bret's petrified of going on tv or even an off camera apperence.

I hope Bret doesn't get selection, he SERIOUSLY thinks WM12 was his best match.

Here are two pre-orders at DDD. I'l be picking up both of them, regardless of what WWE puts on them. Are there any word on any details?

-WWE: Greatest Wrestling Stars Of The 80's

Retail Price: $34.95

DeepDiscountDVD Price: $18.80

Savings: $16.07 ( 46% off )

Release Date: (6/14/2005)

Disk Count: 3

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=WWE093885

-WWE: Road Warriors - Life & Death Of The Most Dominate Team

Retail Price: $29.95

DeepDiscountDVD Price: $16.18

Savings: $13.77 ( 46% off )

Disk Count: 2

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=WWE093884

Here are two pre-orders at DDD. I'l be picking up both of them, regardless of what WWE puts on them. Are there any word on any details?

-WWE: Greatest Wrestling Stars Of The 80's

Retail Price: $34.95

DeepDiscountDVD Price: $18.80

Savings: $16.07 ( 46% off )

Disk Count: 3

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=WWE093885

-WWE: Road Warriors - Life & Death Of The Most Dominate Team

Retail Price: $29.95

DeepDiscountDVD Price: $16.18

Savings: $13.77 ( 46% off )

Disk Count: 2

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=WWE093884

Keep your eye out on www.silvervision.co.uk - they're often the first to report match listings for new releases.

I notice they also have a few new Tagged Classics to pre-order:

Royal Rumble 93+94

Royal Rumble Match:

Bob Backlund, The Berzerker, Carlos Colon, Ted DiBiase, Damien Demento, Earthquake, Fatu, Ric Flair, Owen Hart, Mr. Perfect, Jerry Lawler, Rick Martel, Max Moon, The Nasty Boys, Repoman, Samu, Tito Santana, Randy Savage, Irwin R. Schyster, Papa Shango, Skinner, Tatanka, Terry Taylor, Genichiro Tenryu, Typhoon, The Undertaker, Virgil, Yokozuna, Koko B. Ware

Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Big Bossman

Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty

Rick & Scott Steiner vs. The Beverly Brothers

Royal Rumble Match:

Bob Backlund, Bam Bam Bigelow, Adam Bomb, Crush, Doink, Diesel, Fatu, Great Kabuki, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Marty Jannetty, Jeff Jarrett, Kwang, Lex Luger, Rick Martel, Men on a Mission, Shawn Michaels, Sparky Plugg, Samu, Randy Savage, The Smoking Gunns, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, Tatanka, Genichiro Tenryu, Greg Valentine, and Virgil.

Yokozuna vs. The Undertaker (casket match)

Razor Ramon vs. Irwin R. Schyster

The Quebecers vs. Bret & Owen Hart

Tatanka vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

King Of The Ring 95+96

King of the Ring 1995

Diesel & Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Tatanka & Sycho Sid

Mabel vs. Savio Vega

Bret Hart vs. Jerry Lawler (Kiss My Foot Match)

Savio Vega vs. The Roadie

Mabel vs. The Undertaker

Shawn Michaels vs. Kama

The Roadie vs. Bob Holly

Savio Vega vs. Yokozuna

Savio Vega vs. Irwin R. Schyster

King of the Ring 1996

Steve Austin vs. Jake Roberts

Ahmed Johnson vs. Goldust

Mankind vs. The Undertaker

Ultimate Warrior vs. Jerry Lawler

The Smoking Gunns vs. Henry & Phineas Godwinn

Jake Roberts vs. Vader

Steve Austin vs. Marc Mero (The birth of Austin 3:16)

Shawn Michaels vs. Davey Boy Smith (special referee Mr. Perfect)

Survivor Series 89+90

Ultimate Warrior, Jim Niedhart, & The Rockers vs. Bobby Heenan, Andre the Giant, Haku, & Arn Anderson

Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, Jacques & Raymond Rougeau vs. Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka, & The Bushwhackers

Hollywood Hogan, Jake Roberts, & Demolition Axe & Smash vs. Ted DiBiase, Zeus, & The Powers of Pain

Randy Savage, Canadian Earthquake, Dino Bravo, & Greg Valentine vs. Jim Duggan, Bret Hart, Ronnie Garvin, & Hercules

Dusty Rhodes, Brutus Beefcake, Red Rooster, & Tito Santana vs. Big Bossman, Bad News Brown, Rick Martel, & Honkytonk Man

Survivor Series 1990

Hollywood Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, & Tito Santana vs. Ted DiBiase, Rick Martel, Warlord, Hercules, & Paul Roma

Nikolia Volkoff, Tito Santana, & The Bushwhackers vs. Sgt. Slaughter, Boris Zuhkov, & The Orient Express

Hulk Hogan, Jim Duggan, Big Bossman, & Tugboat vs. Earthquake, Haku, Dino Bravo, & The Barbarian

Rick Martel, Warlord, Hercules, & Paul Roma vs. Jake Roberts, Jimmy Snuka, & The Rockers

Ted DiBiase, The Undertaker, Honkytonk Man, & Greg Valentine vs. Dusty Rhodes, Koko B. Ware, & The Hart Foundation

Ultimate Warrior, Kerry Von Erich, & The Legion of Doom vs. Mr. Perfect,

Demolition Axe, Smash, & Crush

Interesting to note that they're referring to "Hollywood Hogan" still.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info Andy.

Where is the best place to pick up those UK exclusive DVDs? I want them, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for all of them.

Thanks for the info Andy.

Where is the best place to pick up those UK exclusive DVDs? I want them, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for all of them.

Try www.play.com, www.amazon.co.uk and www.hmv.co.uk.

Presume they all sell internationally.

Cheers.

Cool info on the new DVDs. The Road Warriors set I'm getting no matter what, but the 80's Stars DVD I'm gonna have to check the match list first. Too much Junkyard Dog or Hacksaw Duggan would certainly kill it for me.

Guest news_gimmick

Do we think they will begin releasing these in the US? Or are they still testing the waters with them in the UK? I do have all these shows on VHS but would love to have them with DVD quality picture and sound.