H: Texans (5-7)

A: Raiders (4-8)

Texans (5-7):

H: Colts (11-1)

A: Bears (5-7)

A: Jaguars (6-6)

H: Browns (3-9)

--

Upon looking at this, as much as I'd love the Bills to get in, I think the Broncos will. They have a favourable enough schedule given their position (unless they REALLY fuck up on the road), and they'll take a tiebreaker against the Bills (Conference records). The Ravens have their work cut out for them with road games against the Colts and Steelers, back-to-back. The Bengals don't have it much better with games against the Patriots and Eagles. The Texans get the Colts next week at the worst time, with Manning chasing the touchdown record and all. The Jaguars may very well be the sleeper team of the bunch, as all their games are very winnable for them, but I'm not sure how they'll do with tie-breakers against the Broncos (both teams lost one game against the NFC, and I'd have to check which team has had the rougher schedule). Oh yeah, strength of schedule also doesn't work in Buffalo's favour mainly because they had the luxury of playing against the very weak NFC West.

Unfortunately I was without computer access yesterday, so I could not voice my disappointment on the Vikings once again losing to Chicago in Soldier Field... thankfully the Packers destruction (by a team that the Vikings at least fought close) by the Eagles lifted my spirits again

Looks like the Black'n'Blue division will come down to the XMas Eve game

From those schedules I'd have to agree that Denver would get in at about 10-6. Jax would end up about 9-7 I'd say since they'll likely lose at Lambeau. Ravens ditto at 9-7 since they have two road games vs. Colts and Steelers. Bengals look like 8-8 as well since they have the Pats and Eagles left, neither of which is all that winnable. Bill look like 8-8 or maybe 9-7 if they can take the Bengals. Texas are basically finished once the Colts stomp them again next week, they'll go about 6-10 or maybe 7-9 at best.

The Eagles game is winnable as they will have nothing left to play for by week 17. They already clinched a first round bye and (if the tiebreakers fall right) could clinch home field throughout if they win and the Falcons lose next week.

Edit: That does appear it would happen as at worst for the Eagles (if they lose to the Rams in a couple weeks) they would have to go to the fourth tiebreaker which is strength of victory (Eagles +159 points on the season, Falcons -10)

The Jaguars may very well be the sleeper team of the bunch, as all their games are very winnable for them, but I'm not sure how they'll do with tie-breakers against the Broncos (both teams lost one game against the NFC, and I'd have to check which team has had the rougher schedule).

Jags hold the tiebreak over Denver because they beat them in Week 3.

The Jaguars may very well be the sleeper team of the bunch, as all their games are very winnable for them, but I'm not sure how they'll do with tie-breakers against the Broncos (both teams lost one game against the NFC, and I'd have to check which team has had the rougher schedule).

Jags hold the tiebreak over Denver because they beat them in Week 3.

Thanks for reminding me, APO. 7-6 games are easy to forget.

Guest Vitamin X
Looks like the Black'n'Blue division will come down to the XMas Eve game

Cheeseheads are so fucked. I've seriously abandoned so much hope for this season, and even if they win out for the rest of the season- which is unlikely- Green Bay will probably have to run into Philadelphia, again, at the Linc.

Mike Sherman damn near broke down at the post-game press conference yesterday. He kept re-iterating that we're a much better team than that, blah blah blah blah. "It just wasn't our day," he said. Well, I don't know how much better they could have fared against them even if it was. Seriously, the Packers looked like a Junior Varsity team playing the Philly Eagles. I'd never seen them get their ass handed to them quite as badly, except perhaps for the `98 Vikings game at Lambeau. Only thing I can hope for is for the Pack to somehow be able to win AT Minnesota, *AND* at Philadelphia (something they haven't done since `67) for any shot at the Super Bowl.

Wasn't the 98 Vikes-Pack game at Lambeau on Monday Night, where Randy Moss had a ridiculous overtime grab?

The Bills could easily go 10-6, the only problem is the fact that the Broncs and Ravens have better head to head schedules and all that crap. The Broncos are self destructing, and the Ravens will most likely lose the two tough games they have left.

Bills beat SF, Bengals, and Browns. They beat the Steelers too...

Well, they won't really be the Steelers, BenRo will be resting, as will most of the starting lineup, and with the Bills have been playing with their rejuvenated offense, they should beat a second string Steeler team. I'm heavily biased, and the Broncos SHOULD win out, but they've been playing so badly I don't give them much hope. The Ravens are just playing teams better then them, while the Jaguars and Bengals have been too sketchy and inconsistent to do anything of note.

It would be funny to see the Jets collapse, I can see them losing three of the last four games they have, squeaking into the playoffs to get smacked by a team that deserves to be there.

Wasn't the 98 Vikes-Pack game at Lambeau on Monday Night, where Randy Moss had a ridiculous overtime grab?

No, Minnesota won both games by double-digits in regulation (by 13 and by 14), and the one on Monday night (the second game) was at the dome.

I can see Buffalo being the team that sneaks into the playoffs of that bunch of 6-6 teams.

The Ravens seem on the verge of a collapse on defense. Denver has just became questionable as hell. The Texans have way too much work as no way do I believe that 9-7 is going to get into the playoffs right now in the AFC.

That Bills-Bengals game I think is the battle for the spot.

Guest Vitamin X

No, Minnesota won both games by double-digits in regulation (by 13 and by 14), and the one on Monday night (the second game) was at the dome.

You're both semi-wrong. The one I'm talking about is Randy Moss' debut on Monday Night Football at Lambeau Field, that essentially made him a star on the most prolific offense the NFL has ever seen. It was on Monday Night Football in, I believe Week 5 or 6 of that season, and it was particularly devastating because Green Bay hadn't lost at home in over 5-6 years, to the point where you could look at the schedule and know that all 8 games at home were automatic wins. All they needed was just a few more wins to break the Miami Dolphins' record of consecutive home wins, and they got their asses handed to them by the Vikings in the first half, breaking a record for scoring the most amount of points in a quarter ever, in I believe either the first or second. That, coupled with the Titans blowout at Lambeau earlier this season, and the massacre at Lincoln Financial yesterday, are three of the most devastating losses I'd ever witnessed.

I was talking to Kotz on AIM the other day, and I mentioned it probably wouldn't be good for Green Bay to have won yesterday because Green Bay doesn't seem to do very well when they're being lavished upon like Super Bowl contenders. I learned this in 2002, when they were undoubtedly the best team in the NFL until they sleepwalked their way through December (after a spanking and a near riot in Tampa Bay) and got beat at home for the first time ever in the playoffs by Atlanta. Well, I guess be careful what you wish for.. Now I have to hope everyone keeps on picking against the Pack for the rest of the season so they'll start winning..

It would be funny to see the Jets collapse, I can see them losing three of the last four games they have, squeaking into the playoffs to get smacked by a team that deserves to be there.

They don't deserve to be there? How so? Because they've won all the games they were suppose to win? With the defense they have, and the type of offense they run, I doubt they'll get smacked.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

exactly, The steelers will likely be fighting for HF advantage potentially with NE and they could each go into week 17 14-1. I'm not sure who NE plays on the last weekend; so I doubt Pittsburgh will lay easy for Buffalo. Buffalo has to hope along with beating Cincy that Pittsburgh or NE fall at some point in the last 4 weeks so that in Week 17; they can get a easier game because 'Nati will get the lucky dog and face a depleted and resting Eagles team.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Anybody giving the Cowboys a chance in hell tonight?

Vitamin X,

The Packers looked absolutely awful yesterday, the defense quit in the first quarter, and I was there. So it was pretty fun.

I must say, though, I ran into a nice couple that was from Wisconsin (I'm assuming you are since I don't really believe in fans of teams that they didn't grow up with & admire, or are transplanted from). They were quite nice.

But still, the Pack was absolutely destroyed.

E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!

Now if the Birds can finally stop an NFC South team in the title game.

The NFC superbowl rep lately never seems to the "best" team.

2003-04 Best Team? Philly. Winner: Carolina

2002-03 Best Team? Philly. Winner: Tampa Bay

2001-02 Best Team? St. Louis. Winner: St. Louis

2000-01 Best Team? Minnesota Winner: New York Giants

1999-00 Best Team? St. Louis Winner: St. Louis

1998-99 Best Team? Minnesota Winner: Atlanta

Save for Rams wins, the best team never seems to win the NFC Title. So It looks like Philly might be in line for a 4th straight letdown and Atlanta/Seattle/GB/Louis/NYG/Minnesota could end up taking that spot. I honestly can't see that occuring this time. The whole season has revolved around Terrel Owens and it's only appros the two week hype that T.O is *the* topic of dicussion at the end of the season only for him to get shut down by New England or Pittsburgh on a World-Wide audience.

I must say, though, I ran into a nice couple that was from Wisconsin (I'm assuming you are since I don't really believe in fans of teams that they didn't grow up with & admire, or are transplanted from).

Oh fuck, no you didn't...

Duck and cover, everyone

Shadow, true, but in those years there was at least one team that LOOKED like it could possibly beat the best team).

Without a doubt, there isn't one NFC team that matches up with the Philadelphia Eagles, except a REALLY HEALTHY Vikings team that is on their A+ game. You never know.

I don't get it.

I'm guessing the guy isn't from Green Bay...

When did his GB love begin? Because if it started in the mid-90's and he's gonna "cry" and "be upset" during GB's slaughterings then he needs a slap.

Ooooooh, a "hip hop" Best of Donovan music video on SportsCenter...

Maybe it was the only team that his local station played, maybe he fell in love with the rich tradition of the team. You aren't required to like your local team, you can like another team even if they are at the other end of the country. Just have a real reason and not be bandwagoner.

VitX might or might not be a bandwagoner.

They don't deserve to be there? How so? Because they've won all the games they were suppose to win? With the defense they have, and the type of offense they run, I doubt they'll get smacked.

Are they on the same level as the Pats, Colts or Steelers?

No.

The Chargers you could make an argument for, but they are hot lately and the Jets are not. They haven't looked impressive in their wins, and they've looked bad in losses, so I figure they'll be out of the playoffs in the first round, most likely in a blowout of some kind if they happen to draw the Colts, but a close affair if they get the Chargers. Either way, done in the first round.

Are they on the same level as the Pats, Colts or Steelers?

No.

The Chargers you could make an argument for, but they are hot lately and the Jets are not. They haven't looked impressive in their wins, and they've looked bad in losses, so I figure they'll be out of the playoffs in the first round, most likely in a blowout of some kind if they happen to draw the Colts, but a close affair if they get the Chargers. Either way, done in the first round.

Well, considering they've won 3 out of 4, I wouldn't say they are cold either. It's really funny that you mention that they've looked bad in loses, when all 3 of their loses have come at a touchdown or less. Pretty bad, eh? Plus, Pennington hadn't played for 3 games. He comes back, and they win by 22.

Also, the Patriots are probably the worst best looking team in the NFL when it comes to blowing out teams left and right (recently they have been doing that, but for the most part of their streak, they've won close games). So I don't get this logic that you seem to have with the Jets winning games ugly. A win is a win. You are bound to have those types of wins when you run the ball like hell, and run the west coast offense.

I don't think they'll be out in the first round. Maybe against the Colts, but I feel we can score on them pretty easily. After all they might as well have cardboard cutouts out there. Our defense is getting better each and every game. 6 shutouts in the 2nd half is pretty good if you ask me. Against the Chargers I like our chances. We beat them earlier this year, I don't see why not now. Their win streak is going to end sometime; who knows if they start to look bad against the Jets.

Anyway, what team do you root for? Is it the Bills or something?

I think Bill Simmons explained the reason The Patriots don't blow out people. Something bout them Holding back. Anyone have that quote?