TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

2005 WWE PPV schedule

Cincinatti is a terrible, terrible crowd from the shows I've seen broadcast from there.

I remember Benoit winning the WCW Title there and the crowd booing, chanting "boring" and sitting on their thumbs as he held the title belt up.

Granted, its WCW and all, but its Chris friggin Benoit winning a World Title and raising it over his heads.

They were pretty decent for the Smackdown where Spike won the Cruiser title and Booker won the 8-way dance for the US Title, tho.

If WWE keeps running foreign shows, I bet you'll see profits increase a slight margin. Interest is likely to go up as well.

That's absolutely true . . . . with business here in the US being as bad as it is, I think it's important for WWE to take their show overseas, they pretty much draw sellouts everywhere they go in the UK, Australia, Japan, etc., . . . as long as travel expenses don't eat up a lot of the profit, I think it's smart business during this "down time" in the wrestling world to make money where you can . . . if it's overseas, then so be it.

Guest Phenom
On that note about overseas...

...who here would like to see WrestleMania 22 in the Tokyo Dome?

Only if Kenzo wins the WWE title.

I think that Japan should get a minor PPV first just so WWE can see if spoilers/time difference makes an impact.

Well let's see...how many hours difference is it from East Coast America to Japan?

Guest Phenom
I think that Japan should get a minor PPV first just so WWE can see if spoilers/time difference makes an impact.

It's simple, really. Start the PPV in Japan at 11 AM, JST on Saturday. After the 3-hour PPV is done, immediatly start in on North American television, where it starts at 8PM EST.

Guest Lawlerm

You could have a PPV in the UK without having to screen it on a delay. We're only 5 hours ahead of ET so if you started here at 8pm Sunday that'd be 3pm ET. It's not ideal but you could show it live and on delay later at the usual time.

Guest Lawlerm

It's simple, really. Start the PPV in Japan at 11 AM, JST on Saturday. After the 3-hour PPV is done, immediatly start in on North American television, where it starts at 8PM EST.

That'd make the screening on a Friday night. Japan's ahead of the US.

Edit: And those times don't work anyway. JST is 14 hours ahead of ET. If the event finished there at 2pm it'd be midnight ET.

Wonder if there's any chance of there being an overseas PPV this year. Theres been rumours for the last couple of years that they'd like to do Summerslam in the UK but seeing as they've got the bi-annual UK TV tapings now it'll probably be 2006 at the earliest before we get a full UK PPV...

I don't think they'll EVER be another PPV taped in the UK, like SS92. With spoilers leaking out on the 'net just minutes after an event, it's very likely that it would cause the buyrate over here to fall kinda badly, especially if the show looks like it stinks . . . .

Maybe it won't be taped. Maybe they'll take the risk of airing it live in the US, which would put it at around 3pm EST.

With the onset of the Net, that's about their only option other than taping it and airing it later.

Either that or a two hour delay.

That way any spoilers that come out as far as the last hour of the show goes (where the most important matches are placed) will only go to those who have already bought the PPV, or those who had no plans in the first place to buy it.

After all, there are only a few people who, if they hear that Spike Dudley vs. Nunzio was only **, won't order the show.

But really, I don't think that those people will make an impact. If something HUGE goes down and word spreads quickly on the net, I think that could affect the buyrate.

For God's sake, lets have a PPV from the Augusta Civic Center in Georgia. Im sure WWE would love to hold a PPV in it's 6,000+ capacity splendor. The last TV taping we had there was a WCW Nitro in November 2000. It was moved to Augusta about 2 weeks before the tapings, because WCW, at the time, still thought they could sell out the Georgia Dome. So, come on WWE! Lets see unforgiven 2005 LIVE from Augusta, GA!

For God's sake, lets have a PPV from the Augusta Civic Center in Georgia. Im sure WWE would love to hold a PPV in it's 6,000+ capacity splendor. The last TV taping we had there was a WCW Nitro in November 2000. It was moved to Augusta about 2 weeks before the tapings, because WCW, at the time, still thought they could sell out the Georgia Dome. So, come on WWE! Lets see unforgiven 2005 LIVE from Augusta, GA!

You assholes have a ppv soon. So don't be bitching.

For God's sake, lets have a PPV from the Augusta Civic Center in Georgia.  Im sure WWE would love to hold a PPV in it's 6,000+ capacity splendor.  The last TV taping we had there was a WCW Nitro in November 2000.  It was moved to Augusta about 2 weeks before the tapings, because WCW, at the time, still thought they could sell out the Georgia Dome.  So, come on WWE!  Lets see unforgiven 2005 LIVE from Augusta, GA!

You assholes have a ppv soon. So don't be bitching.

I don't know if too many smarks will consider Armageddon to be a PPV; to many, it's a house show with better production values.