TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Heyman removed from WWE writing team

--Paul Heyman was removed from the WWE writing team just minutes ago. No details are available right now other than it was something that had been building and not one specific incident. It will no doubt be pointed out that ratings came from the lowest point in the show's history in September to the highest level in more than a year less than two months later.

Credit - WO.com

Guest Salacious Crumb

You'd think one of these days Heyman would learn to not be a complete ass to the other bookers.

Guest Trivia247

since he gets removed and reinstated every other month this doesn't effect me much

Guest Salacious Crumb

That was last week. It'll take at least until close to Wrestlemania for the next rumor.

I don't care how much of an ass Heyman might be to the other writers, all indications show that they deserve it. If ratings go up and the quality of the shows improve with Heyman on the team, then Vince should be looking to make Heyman happy before any of the other writers and he should put his ego down and accept that he might have to trust Heyman more.

Why the hell would Vince let Russo take the helm for the Attitude era, but seems so driven to keep Heyman down?

Guest Salacious Crumb

That's horrible thinking and exactly why he'll never keep a job on the writing staff. It's his own fault that he gets tossed everytime they give him a chance. If he wasn't such an unbearable jackass they'd keep him on staff for longer periods of time.

The difference is that Heyman's ideas are good. The other writers are saying things like "We have nothing for Rey Mysterio" or "let's turn Booker T voodoo" and they all get to keep their jobs.

Guest Salacious Crumb

And Heyman also books guys in so many matches that half of them end up with long term injuries afterwards. What's your point?

Having good ideas doesn't give him the right to act like an asshole to co-workers.

And Heyman also books guys in so many matches that half of them end up with long term injuries afterwards. What's your point?

Having good ideas doesn't give him the right to act like an asshole to co-workers.

My point is that the quality of the product goes up when he's on board. Likewise, I have yet to hear any official reports of instances of him acting like an asshole besides having a different opinion. I can imagine he is an intense person that probably rubs people the wrong way often times. I would just like to see the other writers (and Vince) get a backbone and appreciate the talent Heyman is rather than demoting him everytime the product is getting some momentum. I remember in early 2003 when Heyman was released, Smackdown had been on fire for months. After Heyman was demoted, the brand slumped.

Okay, now I have to go to work.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Then go back to reports of his first stint as a writer and all the loud arguments he got in with everyone.

Guest LooneyTune

Heyman is a good booker? Telling 2 people to have a match is hardly tough thinking. The only reason the SD 6 was good is because they wrestled each every fucking week (Heyman was 1 of the people behind SD at the time).

Guest Salacious Crumb
Mad Dog

How the hell do you know what goes on in the WWE writer meetings?

I'm going on the reports from all the fights he got in with writers the last time he was in.

The other writers are saying things like "We have nothing for Rey Mysterio" or "let's turn Booker T voodoo" and they all get to keep their jobs.

Heyman lost his job?

...and the guy who proposed the second idea WAS fired.

The other writers are saying things like "We have nothing for Rey Mysterio" or "let's turn Booker T voodoo" and they all get to keep their jobs.

Yes, but he was fired because he want straight to Vince with ideas for midcarders, rather than going through Stephanie.

Yes, but he was fired because he want straight to Vince with ideas for midcarders, rather than going through Stephanie.

True, but I didn't say he was fired for proposing the idea.

I just wanted to make it clear he wasn't fired for being asshole.

Mad Dog

How the hell do you know what goes on in the WWE writer meetings?

I'm going on the reports from all the fights he got in with writers the last time he was in.

Ladies and gentleman Mad Dog is none other than Brian Gerwitz.

This completely pisses me off. He's the greatest "wrestling" mind on the entire creative team. Each time he's been involved in creative, ratings and show quality have improved (although SD is still struggling IMO). I don't care if he gets in screaming arguments with others in creative. They don't know the business. HEYMAN DOES! If Stephanie knew anything about building a successful wrestling product, she would have demonstrated this already, four years into her creative stint. If these TV writers knew anything about building a successful wrestling product, we'd have a good product right now and business would be through the roof. Is the Rise and Fall of Brian Gerwitz's Monday Night Raw DVD selling out across the country? No, it's not. Does the talent (which should be your most successful indicator) want to work with Stephanie, Dunn, Pritchard, Gerwitz, TV writers, etc.? No they want to work with Heyman. They feel he knows the product, can hide their weaknesses and create a successful product.

Chances are he was removed from creative because he fought with Gerwitz, argued with Stephanie and HHH or Kevin Dunn. And that's bullshit.

This company in it's current form deserves to die.

Whenever Heyman has had talent to work with he's succeeded in a booking role, ECW only began to suffer after waves and waves of talent raids from the big two. And he's also shown a talent for turning one-trick ponys and limited performers into likable, marketable characters. The list of guys he did for in ECW is endless.

With the talent at his disposal and the resources of the E he could put together the best product we've seen in years if actually given time to implement his ideas and let them blossom.

The problem is that he's handcuffed by the comedy writers and hollywood writers that Stephanie is so fucking enamoured with. He's fighting an uphill battle by proposing a professional wrestling oriented booking sheet and not a fucking variety show.

Can you really blame him for loosing his cool around those hacks?

I'd be curious to know if any of this had to do with him opposing something like the Tough Enough Tranvestite challenge which Gerwitz, Dunn and Vince probably loved.

You are absolutely correct Precious Roy. If Vince would let Paul work, without restrictions, we probably would see the best product. Whatever happened to JR's cries of, "We'll drink your Kool Aid, Paul" when ECW was closing shop. It sickens me the amount of talent this organization currently has, probably more so than ever before, and how bad the product is. I've never "stopped watching wrestling" since I was 7 years old. It's nothing for me now to watch Monday Night Football instead of Raw or The OC and CSI rather than Smackdown. It's completely related to how awful the creative team and Vince's merry brand of "Yes Men" are. Dare someone challenge them, call their ideas stupid or lobby to try to get talent like RVD, Booker, etc. pushes.

Guest JMA

It's strange that this happened when the ECW DVD is selling so well. Oh well.

With Triple H and Steph running the show(s), Heyman's ideas most likely wouldn't have been used much anyway. And that's a real shame. One thing I've always liked about Heyman is the fact that he's so completely honest, he's the kind of guy who would always tell you how he really felt, no matter the consequences. That "no compromising" attitude is most likely what got him thrown off the booking team.

Guest CronoT

To me, it all has to do with Vince's ego. He can never admit that someone is better than him. Heyman is one of the last of the "pure wrestling" people in the business. Almost all of Vince's other bookers are failed soap opera writers and crappy, unhired Hollywood comedy writers.

Unfortunately, it won't change from that situation until Vince gets some real competition. WWE's biggest ratings didn't really happen until WCW starting wiping the floor with it.