TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

So I registered

Guest LooneyTune

Blech...if it's all TNA marks, I'd rather walk around naked in a room filled with pitbulls.

No. No queer-ass "heel faction." If we go there, we act the same as we do here, only we go to prove our points and that's it. Not friendly TNA banter, not constant anti-TNA trolling, just prove our points and en masse so TNA (who DOES view the forum) can see what we, those that refuse to be blind, want in the product.

...wow, I just sounded like Johnny Black from The Anarchist Cookbook...

<----Runs into TNA board, registers, RKO's everyone...

(confused look)

What? Oh right...we weren't gonna do this...

Umm...thanks?

Sorry, I'm stuck at work on a 12 hour shift telling some guy the difference between CAP and DMT services, and bored as hell....just trying to have some fun.

And, as for queerbot, c'mon...you can do better.

Nah. I'm currently arguing with my girlfriend because whenever I begin proving a point about something she might not understand or is entirely wrong about, she calls me an idiot. Yeah. We got a whole lot of issues to fucking work out.

Jizzmopper.

Corey, how old are you? Cause son, they never change. My ex called used to call me an idiot because I wouldn't go at length to explain my feelings on every fucking thing known to man.

Or why RVD is nothing but a useless repetitive Spot Monkey now...and how I don't watch wrestling for the women...or...etc etc etc...

Inverted Anal pube....

Anyway...I second Corey's motion...we should all go to the TNA site and do something, but keep calm heads, and talk over the heads of the "marks", since we can...

I'm gon go git drunk...

Rhr: "Ah, Friday. 9pm. Time to drink. Time to drink a man's drink. Time for....a tall....cold.....ECTO M'FN COOLER!"

<cue South of Heaven >

THE ECTO COOLER

EQUAL PARTS MIDORI MELON LIQOUR, MALIBU RUM, PINEAPPLE JUICE

SPLASH OF CAPTIAIN MORGANS

USE A PINT GLASS FILLED WITH ICE TO POUR

HOLD OFF AFTER 3 DRINK SOME PBR GO BACK DRINK 3 MORE

DRINK WATER WHEN YOU GET HOME

YOU GON 'AV A BITCH OF THE HEADHURTS

Guest Fook_Theta

How could a thread that could potentially contain some hilarious gimmicks and gems from the TNA boards, turn into a cesspool of two grown men circlejerking over whether each one has enough creative input to be insulting over the intraweb.

Voted for 'Release the tapes.' WWE will be tickled pink.

edit: Taken from the boards:

Jarrett vs Brown: MOTY contender?

Jarrett versus Monte Brown has got to be a MOTY contender for TNA. It didn't have any highly technical spots or anything spectactular but it didn't need to in order to be awesome.

Simply put, the in ring psychology Jarrett used in that match made it highly entertaining and showed why he stands within the top rank of today's wrestlers even though there are clearly more psyhiscally gifted athelets out there. Few wrestlers possess the ability to tell a story in a match and even fewer possessed the level of that ability that Jarrett expressed within that match.

You cannot make this shit up.

It was an okay match, just with an unbelievably overbooked ending.

Who's getting the ppv this weekend? I'm semi-interested in seeing what Sabin and Williams can do with twenty minutes and how Raven and DDP will end up, but I'm not too sure.

Yeah, that Jarrett/Brown match, it was like Flair/Steamboat or Austin/Rock or something... :huh:

My favorite thread on the fan site is titled "Would Jeff Hardy had won at Victory Road if it wasn't for Hall/Nash?"

"i think he would have won because Hardy's hand was on the gold when Jarrett/Nash/Hall nailed him with the 3 guitars"

:lol:

How could a thread that could potentially contain some hilarious gimmicks and gems from the TNA boards, turn into a cesspool of two grown men circlejerking over whether each one has enough creative input to be insulting over the intraweb.

Because...it's the TNA folder?

Plus, if you want to go ahead and make gimmicks, please do so, but for the sake of sanity, don't do it and pimp TSM afterwards. The last thing we need is an invasion of those idiots here like what happened when me and Mike told the posters at TNS that it was better here.

Guest Ronnie755

Just reading some of the posts there are hilarious. Some of the most ridiculous comments are posted there in response to Dave Meltzer's recent news on TNA's future. From claims of him enjoying being negative to claims of him working for WWE. LOL! You just can't make this stuff up.

It's about as bad as TotalNonStop used to be. Whenever anybody would bring up news from Meltzer, everybody would refute it (despite it turning out to be 100% true) and saying they don't trust him because of his opinion.

Now, keep in mind, Meltzer is the man that said AJ Styles vs. Jerry Lynn was the best feud of 2002. He praised a lot of the early upstarts that the company had, and said that the shows were entertaining during their first year. He is also the single most respectable wrestling journalist there is. And they don't trust his news because of his OPINION.

It's almost like bipartisan arguments between CNN and Fox News at times, really.

Guest LooneyTune

Someone should gather some of these idiot TNA marks at their board, put them in a 747, and then crash it into a mountain or possibly the ocean.

Someone should gather some of these idiot TNA marks at their board, put them in a 747, and then crash it into a mountain or possibly the ocean.

Easy there...that's a little extreme

Guest LooneyTune

Judging from the few examples of several posters on the TNA board, I think what I said was very nice.

Guest JJW

My only question is Will there be food and or Drinks....Or do we have to provide them are self's?

Guest Deviant

Looney Tune, proving that terrorist-like acts can be useful.

You know, I look around those TNAmark boards and people keep mentioning 'what if ROH got a TV deal?' Well, to their credit ROH is not doing what TNA is doing: namely, expanding too much too soon.

ROH runs small shows in the Northeast and makes $ from DVD sales. Their fanbase spreads through word of mouth, just like in ECW. And like ECW (who pioneered the hardcore wrestling style here in the US), ROH is selling itself on one thing: namely, its emphasis on pure wrestling. That's their selling point and that is what motivates people to see their shows.

Aside from their Midwest shows (which I'm told didn't draw as well as expected), ROH has stayed in a relatively small area and hasn't branched out into action figures/video games/etc. because they're deliberately trying to stay underground. Bottom line, ROH is ECW circa 1995-96: just under the radar of the mainstream, but attracting an ever-growing hardcore following.

TNA, on the other hand, reminds me of WCW circa 1993: that is, trying to break into the mainstream but not quite making it. Unlike a lot of other promotions, TNA was made for TV; it's not like TNA runs house show circuits or anything like that. I feel that is the crux of TNA's problem.

In my opinion, the PPV-per-week approach, while novel, was destined to fail. Think about it: to draw fans in to pay $10 to watch a 2-hr show, you need big-name stars. By paying for higher contracts/production values, you're making your success more dependent on PPV buyrates. Plus, you've got to remember that a lot of people do not have PPV capability or their provider didn't carry TNA for whatever reason. That further limits your potential fanbase.

As we all know, the PPV-per-week approach didn't work, so they're turning to FSN and paying EVEN MORE money for TV time in not-so-prime time. Again, not everybody can get FSN in the US. Now, they're trying to break into the mainstream by selling toys and video games, but what kid is going to buy a 'Monty Brown' figure if he has no idea who the heck he is?

Bottom line, the best way to success IMO is to start out by doing live events and building a fanbase. Then, sell merchandise and spread the word online. Then, if you NEED TV exposure, try and get a syndicated show instead of being on a third-tier network on a Friday afternoon.

Of course, all this is irrelevant now due to WWE's upcoming lawsuit (and subsequent buyout of TNA), so this article is only a warning to future promotions.

Re: Lawsuit

Since TNA blurred out the faces of the WWE talent, I do not believe that infringes upon copyright law, and thus a lawsuit over it would not have much base once the fact of the facial blurring is revealed.