7 Alexander $4,725,000/$29,656,000

8 Finding Neverland $2,851,341/$11,710,692

9 Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason $2,800,000/$36,300,000

10 Ray $1,900,000/$67,800,000

11 Sideways $1,815,000/$12,491,105

12 After the Sunset $1,675,000/$26,744,000

----------------

Out of the top 12: The Grudge

Closer, Sideways, and Finding Neverland all opened on about 500 screens, so they did very well.

The Incredibles is now the #44 top grossing movie in the U.S. all time. In between Rush Hour 2 and Mrs. Doubtfire.

Opening Dec 8

-Blade: Trinity

Opening Dec 12

-Oceans 12

-Beyond the Sea (Limited)

-The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Limited)

Nice to see Spongebob is still hangin' tough.

This whole "Alexander bombing like Hiroshima" thing is quite amusing.

Blade vs HHH will have my ass in the seat come Wednesday.

*Lost is on Wednesday*

Ok, Thursday.

Guest El Satanico

I'm surprised Closer only opened on 500 screens and that appears to be a mistake by the studio. With 7+ million on 500 screens, it would've easily been #1 with a wide release.

Ah, "The Incredibles" owns all of them. Best movie of the year, and my current obsession.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
I'm surprised Closer only opened on 500 screens and that appears to be a mistake by the studio. With 7+ million on 500 screens, it would've easily been #1 with a wide release.

Not really. Tremendous interest in the art film sector doesn't mean it is exponentially popular 'mongst the humanoids.

Guest El Satanico
The Free Masons will keep National Treasure at the #1 spot for a few more weeks.

Nah, the combo of Blade: Trinity and Ocean's 12 will crush them next week.

Guest El Satanico

Not really. Tremendous interest in the art film sector doesn't mean it is exponentially popular 'mongst the humanoids.

Yes, but Julia and Jude Law does

Yes, but Julia and Jude Law does

Alfie and Sky Captain both bombed, so I don't think Law's a BO draw.

Roberts? Well, she has her audience...

The Polar Express is gaurenteed business through Christmas, turns out it's a pretty damn good little film too (I heard it's even better in IMAX 3-D).

I say it closes its domestic run just under it's 165 million price tag, not a bomb, not a hit, but I bet over the years it becomes a holiday staple.

I'll say the same thing I said when the Scorpion King was number one for 2 weeks...

...people are really starved for entertainment right now.

Of course, I haven't seen it yet, but I have yet to meet or talk to ONE person who thought it was any good. Why the hell is it getting so much business if nobody likes it?

I don't see Blade doing great business this week, even if it got an early release.

Maybe they should put "Natalie Portman plays a stripper" in the ads for "Closer". It'd probably do a little better.

"Ray" had runaway hit written all over it. Maybe people thought it'd be too depressing, but come on! The man JUST DIED! If that doesn't get the public in the mood to see a biopic, then I guess a movie about people chasing all over loookig for clues on historical artifacts DESERVES to be number one.

I'd say that Blade opening early is a good idea since I want to see both it and Ocean's 12. Not entirely sure how to do that though, might see one on Sat. and the other on Sun. Ocean's 12 is almost guarranteed huge money at the box office...look at that cast (Clooney, Pitt, Damon, Roberts, Zeta Jones, etc).

So is the Jones sequel considered a flop or did it make enough money to justify a Jones III?...

The Bridget Jones sequel was a huge hit.

I don't think they'll do a Bridget 3 though since there really is nowhere to go.

Now that Bridget is engaged to Darcy- what else is there to do? They could probably milk a movie about them planning a wedding but that would be badly stretching things as Bridget's anxiety over Mark got old really quickly in Edge of Reason. I also can't see them bringing back Cleaver without making Bridget seem like a real absolute moron and without Cleaver- I'll be sad. Plus I don't think Colin Firth wants to do a third one (he didn't want to do this one either), Hugh Grant is making noise about retiring and Renee is taking a sabbatical from acting and I don't think she wants to gain the weight again. Edge of Reason was a fun movie but doing a third one is really pushing it.

It's made 36 million domestically, 85 million overseas for a total of 121 million on a budget of 40.

It will probably continue to do very well in overseas as Bridget is a sensation in England

It's made 36 million domestically, 85 million overseas for a total of 121 million on a budget of 40.

It will probably continue to do very well in overseas as Bridget is a sensation in England

While I'm sure the overseas B.O. will be a huge driving factor, the fact that the sequel had absolutely ZERO hype in the U.S., as nobody seemed to care despite the nice box office, will probably influence the chance of a third.

The fact that there isn't a book to base it on, the actors wouldn't want to do one and there's no feasible way to do one will also influence it.

The movie had tons of hype its first weekend and did shockingly well but once it expanded- it seemd to die off

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Next week:

1. Ocean's Twelve (Anywhere from 45-60million opening weekend)

2. Blade: Trinity

3. National Treasure

4. The Polar Express

5. Christmas With The Kranks/Closer

Guest Sturgis
Maybe they should put "Natalie Portman plays a stripper" in the ads for "Closer". It'd probably do a little better.

I thought that got taken out?