WON January 8th 1991 Page 3

WON January 8th 1991 Page 4

WON January 8th 1991 Page 5

WON January 8th 1991 Page 6

WON January 8th 1991 Page 7

WON January 8th 1991 Page 8

WON January 8th 1991 Page 9

WON January 8th 1991 Page 10

The reason I've posted this issue as a series of pictures, is the marks you see on the pages make it impossible for them to be scanned as a text file. Well, not impossible, but the results are such incomprehensible gibberish, that they read like an Ulitmate Warrior promo, and are just as impossible to decipher. They are very readable, though, and you can make everything out that isn't covered by the marks.

Thanks go to S D for pointing me in the direction of the program that I've used to scan this issue.

Guest LooneyTune

Pretty cool reading a WON from 1991... I didn't even know wrestling was fake then...(dodges thrown lead pipes and rocks). Thanks for posting this.

Guest TroughOfMantaur

Man, did Dave just put it together on a typewriter and toss it in a xerox? I remember my PWI Weekly newsletters from this time period being *much* slicker looking. (Hey, I was only 11). Thanks HTQ!

Man, did Dave just put it together on a typewriter and toss it in a xerox? I remember my PWI Weekly newsletters from this time period being *much* slicker looking. (Hey, I was only 11). Thanks HTQ!

WON switches to the more familiar format around April or May of 1991.

Page 4 says that Rick Rude got Percy Pringle into WWF and that he may have been a *face* manager for Rude. I thought Rude was already gone by that time?`

Guest LooneyTune

That sounds weird. I could buy Rude being the one responsible for bringing him in, but as his manager? Rude was gone before the Survivor Series, unless the suspension was really part of an angle, and he ended up leaving sometime in '91.

Did someone spill coffee all over it or what? :lol:

Seriously, it is cool to read though. I wish Meltzer would offer the Observer archives online, maybe charging a small price to download each issue or something.