TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Agent_Bond34

The Official Rose Bowl Thread

Well still the fact remains that people were upset at OU the school and not at the system. Which is complete bullshit. And then people got even more pissed when they bitch slapped the Pac 10 team. Like they were supposed to lay down to show what an injustice that was. The tradition of the Rose Bowl is gone guys. Face it. Teams from other conferences are going to play there from now on.

If everyone had gotten there way last year and USC and LSU were going at it in the Sugar Bowl then OU would've been running around in the Rose Bowl for a second straight year and everyone would've bitched about that even if there wasn't a Pac 10 team good enough to play in it.

Now I wonder what everyone will say if Texas romps Michigan? The Texas defense is certainly good enough to tear Michigan's head off. It's the offense that will have trouble.

Well still the fact remains that people were upset at OU the school and not at the system.

Persecution complex much? Everyone knows that Oklahoma doesn't have a choice in where they go. If traditionalists want to see the Pac-10 or Big Ten team that did get in wax the outsider regardless, don't be shocked.

Well still the fact remains that people were upset at OU the school and not at the system.

Persecution complex much? Everyone knows that Oklahoma doesn't have a choice in where they go. If traditionalists want to see the Pac-10 or Big Ten team that did get in wax the outsider regardless, don't be shocked.

Yeah but the pissing and moaning intensified when OU waxed WSU. And if Texas pounds Michigan there will be a lot more bitching. Hell I bet if Michigan doesn't blow Texas out(which they won't) people will be going nuts.

Guest Salacious Crumb

You make talking about football a real nightmare. Get over your man love for Oklahoma and realize it had nothing to do with them other than them not having any business being in a Pac 10/Big Ten game.

You make talking about football a real nightmare. Get over your man love for Oklahoma and realize it had nothing to do with them other than them not having any business being in a Pac 10/Big Ten game.

The fact is that the Rose Bowl tradition is pretty much finished with it. Everyone is clinging to it but unless we go back to the old system guys I really think it's done.

And what I'm pointing out is that the Rose Bowl fans can't seem to handle it when the non Pac-10/Big Ten team win! And if Texas wins there will be an atomic meltdown in Pasadena.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Once again I wonder why I bother with a new fan that can't appreicate what the Rose Bowl stands for.

Well people are complaining about something here they can't change. This is the system you're dealt with. Rather than get mad at the teams involved in it change the system.

Everyone is just playing the hand they were dealt.

Just like last year with the National Title debacle people are getting mad at the teams. People were getting mad at the teams in 2002 when OU went to The Rose Bowl. It's not the teams fault that they ended up there. Everyone is yelling at Texas. Yeah people are pissing on the system but in the process of pissing on the system they end up looking down there nose at teams that don't deserve all the shit they get.

Yeah you can get pissed at Mack Brown for campaigning but somebody listened to him. Some of those coaches and AP voters did it to and you need to hold them accountable.

Man now I'm hoping Texas obliterates Michigan. *looks at who there coach is* Oh wait a minute......

You make talking about football a real nightmare.  Get over your man love for Oklahoma and realize it had nothing to do with them other than them not having any business being in a Pac 10/Big Ten game.

The fact is that the Rose Bowl tradition is pretty much finished with it. Everyone is clinging to it but unless we go back to the old system guys I really think it's done.

And what I'm pointing out is that the Rose Bowl fans can't seem to handle it when the non Pac-10/Big Ten team win! And if Texas wins there will be an atomic meltdown in Pasadena.

You don't understand. I don't like Texas. I don't like their coach. I don't like watching them; I don't like hearing about them. I don't give two shits what happens to them (although, since my dad is a Michigan fan, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing their asses get handed to them).

I would've been thrilled to see a Utah vs. Michigan Rose Bowl. I won't be anywhere near a TV when this abomination is on. And when I read the next day about how Mack Brown blew another big game, I'll smile.

Ok Chris what are you going to do if you wake up and see that Texas blew Michigan out 35-14? Regardless of what everyone says this is a capable team. They aren't a division 1-AA caliber team.

Do I think Cal would beat Texas? Probably.

Is Cal in the Rose bowl? Nope. Can I do anything about it? Nope.

Guest Salacious Crumb

And I agree. Everyone who listened to Mack Brown should have their vote yanked from them for that. And Mack Brown and his brother should be the first ones to get their's pulled.

I'm starting to think the Coach's poll should be completely abolished because they've proven they can't handle such a simple task like adults.

And I agree. Everyone who listened to Mack Brown should have their vote yanked from them for that.

I'm starting to think the Coach's poll should be completely abolished because they've proven they can't handle such a simple task like adults.

No they should have there votes made public and I think all Top 15 coaches shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Because yeah I mean let's say a certain coaches team has two losses and are ranked #5 behind another 2 loss team. Who's to say he's not going to vote his team #4 or hell even #3!? That's the problem. Coaches who have something at stake in this poll I don't think can make an objective decision and should not be allowed to vote if voting themselves higher will benefit them.

There needs to be accountability.

Also people want the Rose Bowl tradition to stay but also want a playoff. How the hell do you have a playoff and keep the Rose Bowl tradition alive? I gurantee if we're using the bowls as playoff games then there are going to be some non Pac-10/Big Ten schools matched up in the Rose Bowl.

Let's not also forget that the Rose Bowl guys were the ones that agreed to work under this system.

Ok Chris what are you going to do if you wake up and see that Texas blew Michigan out 35-14? Regardless of what everyone says this is a capable team. They aren't a division 1-AA caliber team.

You can't honestly think that could actually happen, given that you've followed the Big XII for the last two years. Mack Brown hasn't won a single game of any importance at Texas.

You know, I do miss MikeSC, if only for the fact that he could argue this much more humourously than I ever could.

You can't honestly think that could actually happen, given that you've followed the Big XII for the last two years. Mack Brown hasn't won a single game of any importance at Texas.

You know, I do miss MikeSC, if only for the fact that he could argue this much more humourously than I ever could.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm just saying that IF it did.

I think that Texas actually caught a break going to the BCS b/c this Michigan team isn't as good as it could be. They got beat by ND and Ohio State. Regardless if it was a rivalry game or not Ohio State isn't that good. Plus they almost lost to San Diego State!

The Texas defense is good enough to keep them in the game.

But the moment Mack Brown starts playing dueling QB's and running draw plays on 4th and 12 I can turn the TV off and know what the result will be.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah, it'll suck watching him turn every bowl thread into an Oklahoma discussion.

Hey I'm just saying what IF that happens with Texas. I'm not saying they'll beat Michigan but I think it'll be closer than everyone thinks.

It'll be tied up going into the 4th quarter and Vince Young will be doing just enough to keep them in the game and then Mack Brown will end Chance Mauck into the game to pass and he'll get intercepted and Michigan will start to pull away.

Greg Robinson will start cussing and flipping off Michigan fans(no seriously he flipped the bird to OU fans) and Derrick Johnson will dump over the gatorade table while Vince Young cries and Cedric Benson quits and then OU offers Mack 1 million to remain the coach of Texas b/c he's our favorite coach and all. By this time Chance Mauck has thrown 2 pick 6's and the Texas D has folded and Michigan has won 42-21.

That's how that game will end.

Just a warning Dama, as one of the few guys who probably likes you in these here forums: You are doing the exact same thing that got Anglesault banned...

Just a warning Dama, as one of the few guys who probably likes you in these here forums:  You are doing the exact same thing that got Anglesault banned...

I'm not even supporting OU in these posts!

I'm talking about Texas and Michigan. I stopped talking about OU way the hell back there!

And I'm not mentioning OU in the other bowls thread!

And everyone is making fun of Texas so I did to....because well it's fun to pick on Texas. Am I not allowed to pick on Texas?

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm just saying that IF it did.

I think that Texas actually caught a break going to the BCS b/c this Michigan team isn't as good as it could be. They got beat by ND and Ohio State. Regardless if it was a rivalry game or not Ohio State isn't that good. Plus they almost lost to San Diego State!

The Texas defense is good enough to keep them in the game.

But the moment Mack Brown starts playing dueling QB's and running draw plays on 4th and 12 I can turn the TV off and know what the result will be.

Wow Michigan lost to two rivals both on the road. Texas barely beat Arkansas and Kansas. I will end this once and for all. If Cal plays Southern Miss when they were supposed to we are not having this discussion. Cal basically was punished for winning a game and that's flat out wrong. Texas should not be in the game over Cal since they did not even play this week. Texas beating A&M wasn't enough to move them over Cal, so how could them not even playing and Cal beating a damn competitive Southern Miss team on the road be enough to move them up. The system is horrible and needs to be changed. Fuck Texas they choke every season with all the talent in the world, and all the kids at Cal who thought they were going to the Rose Bowl, the first for their school in nearly 50 years, get to go to San Diego as a reward for having a great season including outplaying the best team in the nation on the road. Cal's loss wasa better performance than all of Texas's wins including the Oklahoma State game

Well then the system needs to be changed.

You guys forget that I like Cal and want them in this game. But the bitching is getting crazy.

The system is wrong and needs to be changed. I agree. The voters need to have some accountability here. And the fact that a coach is able to campaign and sway opinions is wrong.

thats cool at least you understand that college football has a crap system for deciding a champion... just have another quick question why do you think OU can do no wrong. I'm not saying they arent a great team because hell OU is spectacular.. just curious

thats cool at least you understand that college football has a crap system for deciding a champion... just have another quick question why do you think OU can do no wrong. I'm not saying they arent a great team because hell OU is spectacular.. just curious

Oh they can do wrong. I just think they get unfairly blasted and get bashed on for things that other teams do and get praised for.

I think there is a media lean against OU.

They can do wrong. They did wrong against KSU last year. They did wrong in the 90's(a whole lot of wrong).

But I just think they get bashed on by the media way to much.

I mean they have like tons of tradition. They're one of the most tradition rich and winningest programs ever(i think they have like the 4th most wins all time) but everyone pretty much ignores it.

Plus they're from the mid-western United States and most big media either has an East or West coast bias. They forget there are states in between California and New York.

Did the Orange, Fiesta, and Sugar have the same luster?

And on top of that what were there original conference affiliations. And why don't they complain as much as The Rose Bowl?

Because none of them have the tradition that the Rose Bowl has. There's a reason they call the Rose Bowl "The Granddaddy Of Them All."

Yeah but what were the conference affiliations for the others. And how big were they tradition wise and importance wise?

I always though the Cotton Bowl was up there.