TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

What will Bischoff say next week?

My take:

Vince and Co. saw the buyrate for Taboo Tuesday and saw how a main event of an "extra" ppv can draw poorly. AN unannounced one at that.

The Rumble is a traditional "big 4" PPV. It's going to do well in the buyrate department. To convince people to shell out for an extra PPV, you need a good storyline, hence the vacated title.

Bishcoff isn't going to anounce an Elimination Chamber, it can't work on a single brand PPV. The undercard would be utterly horrible.

A mini-tournament would sense. Why? Becasue a 4-man tournament gives us at least 3 matches for the PPV, and if it involves any combination of Edge, Orton, Benoit, Jericho, Triple H, all the matches have the potential to hit ***+. However, I'm not totally sure what they're going to do, though.

One thing I do know though, is that this angle DOES have my legitimate interest, something that hasn't happened since Wrestlemania XX.

THe 1992 Rumble was great for the vacant belt. Do that now for 2005. And then have a SmackDown guy win it because that's what you'd least expect. And have him throw out Edge to win.

Mark your calendars, folks: a legitimate Czech Republic post in the WWE folder

EDIT: Actually, Orton vs. Edge wouldn't be any good. You're wrong.

THe 1992 Rumble was great for the vacant belt. Do that now for 2005. And then have a SmackDown guy win it because that's what you'd least expect. And have him throw out Edge to win.

Mark your calendars, folks: a legitimate Czech Republic post in the WWE folder

EDIT: Actually, Orton vs. Edge wouldn't be any good. You're wrong.

Orton vs. Edge would be good. They had some quality matches over the summer. Who's to say they can't duplicate that now?

Guest JMA

I would take Triple H entirely out of the equation. As far as I'm concerned, the match for the vacant title should be between Benoit and Edge, and it should take place at New Year's Revolution. Choosing between the two, however, is difficult. Edge has become a good heel, IMO, but I'm not sure if he'll be seen as a legitimate main eventer by the fans. After all, we don't want another JBL on our hands. Benoit, on the other hand, has already been champion, so putting the title back on him so soon might be a bad idea.

But I would have to go with Edge. He can hold the title until WrestleMania, where he would lose to Orton (or whoever wins the Rumble). Michaels can make his return during Edge's rematch and cost him the title, thus launching their feud. Edge would win this feud, of course, and after losing Michaels would go to Smackdown to help that show.

Guest Coffey
Royal Rumble.

They have to go back to two minute intervals again. I don't really know why they ever started getting away from that.

It'll most likely be a fatal fourway match, involving HHH, Benoit, Edge and Orton. Edge will most likely emerge the winner, while HHH starts feuding with Batista. If HBK comes back (to feud with Edge), HHH (or possibly Benoit, but not likely) will win the title. ;)

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Why didn't Jericho create a "Chris Jericho gets a title shot at some point in the next year or so" or even a "Jericho gets #30 in the rumble" clause. It would be two years in a row Jericho tries to steal the #30 slot and he had the chance in 2003 to have it as well. (remember in 2003 he won the way to choose his number and many figured he'd do #30 but he choose #2 because he wanted to prove he's better then Shawn but shawn already was given #1 and in 2004, he tried to cash his favor in for the #30 slot. )

What will Bischoff say next week?

He will come up to either Edge or Benoit, and ask them "What do You wanna do with your life" Then, the voice of Dee Snider will emit from either Edge or Benoits mouth, and shout "I WANNA ROCK!" as out of nowhere, Twisted Siter shows up.

Other than that, I have no clue.