TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Winter Meetings

*phew*

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy the Sox didn't cave in to this diva and give him 4 years.

We got the championship with Pedro's help, and I say thanks. Now it's time to get younger and plan for the future. I see Hudson and/or Clement in boston next year and that's a GOOD thing.

I hope they don't get too foolish and dump Manny because even though he's making 20Mil, he earns it in my opinion. I love the guy.

Delgado is an asshole, stay away from him.

Good luck Petey, enjoy the Mets...where good players go to die. (but hey, at least he's richer now!)

Delgado is an asshole, stay away from him.

Delgado is actually considered to be one of the nicer players in the league. He just wasn't in the Jays budget, especially now that he is getting up in years. He's not done by a long shot, but he's seen his prime.

Well Toronto, you just wasted 5 million on a injury prone 3rd Basemen who misses 30 games a year, and puts up mediocre numbers when he plays.

Yeah, well I'm not exactly that thrilled with the deal myself. That is money that could have gone to Clement.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Well Toronto, you just wasted 5 million on a injury prone 3rd Basemen who misses 30 games a year, and puts up mediocre numbers when he plays.

But he's Canadian. Thats why they bent over backwards for him. Billy Beane J.P is not.

Guest Failed Mascot

Corey Koskie actually turned down more money from the Dodgers(they offered 3 years $20mill) to play for the Jays.

Corey Koskie actually turned down more money from the Dodgers(they offered 3 years $20mill) to play for the Jays.

Thats pretty fucked up. Why would anyone want to play for the Blue Jays? Outside of the Alomar years, they've had a strict commitment to failure.

Guest Failed Mascot

Thats pretty fucked up. Why would anyone want to play for the Blue Jays? Outside of the Alomar years, they've had a strict commitment to failure.

Wanted to go home.

MLB.com radio is covering a press conference in 10 minutes between the Brewers and White Sox - I'm guessing maybe the Podsednik/Carlos Lee rumblings are true?

Brewers would be raping the White Sox if that's true.

Koskie didn't want to go home. He wanted to stay with the Twins and his wife wanted to go to Seattle.

Pedro Martinez is officially a Met 4 years and $56mill

Do you have a link saying this is official yet?

Guest Failed Mascot

Nope, just going by what both Gammons and the Boston Herald baseball guy have said. Steve Phillips also said it but he's been wrong a billion times thus far so to hell with him.

Red Sox aren't pursuing Petey any further though so consider it done.

They were good for years before Alomar got there.

Yea, they were. My comments were a tad irrational, its just the past 10 years of futility has been all over TSN...and continously pondered upon.

Guest Failed Mascot

Great grab for the Brewers. They aren't going to be able to afford to keep Sheets longterm now though. They just added over $6mill in payroll and their budget gives them about $35-38mill.

Yea, they were. My comments were a tad irrational, its just the past 10 years of futility has been all over TSN...and continously pondered upon.

Don't worry, the last ten years have pissed me off too. Although I must admit that I am happier now than I was when Ash was GM. Every move he made would pretty much be guaranteed to piss me off, aside from signing Clemens.

according the the A's website, no such Hudson trade has taken plance and Beane says he expects to leave the winter meetings withouth a "big deal"

Guest Failed Mascot

Brewers are set to now trade Jeff Bennett to the Phillies for Marlon Byrd.

I like how the Brewers are looking at the market, which is drowning in overpriced talents, and moving to improve their team through some deals that are looking pretty good. The talent that they gave up in this deal seemed to have good odds on topping out (Podsednik, Vizcaino) or even regressing (Kolb) and they got a great return for it. Carlos Lee is probably one of the five most underrated players in the league right now.

Great trade by the Brewers although probably half the thanks has to go to dealing with Kenny Williams. He still has a job how again?

Yeah, well I'm not exactly that thrilled with the deal myself. That is money that could have gone to Clement.

I could never see them getting Clement in the first place.

Honestly, I can't figure out what the Jays are trying to do. Ricciardi seems to be throwing darts at the board at this point.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

sorry I wasn't around to comment on the Lee trade, I was busy trying to peel the skin off my skull.