TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Winter Meetings

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

well Clint Hurdle says only Ozzie Smith is a better shortstop than Royce Clayton.

The Nationals, who have about $6 million to spend, have made it clear that they will only deal for Sosa under two conditions: they will not give up a player who is part of the team's long-term plans, and the Cubs must pay the All-Star right fielder's entire salary.

Well fuck you Washington. The idea of giving you Sosa is we don't have to pay his entire salary, you dumb fucks.

Guest Failed Mascot

Corey Koskie is officially a Blue Jay. 3 years and from what I've seen/read it will be for $16mill.

The AL East is becoming one hell of a power house...minus the Devil Rays of course.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

U know; I'm willing to bet Chicago eventually goes "Fuck this bitch and then trade and eat Sosa's salary after Sosa throws another fit at spring training".

Guest Smues

Atlanta Apparently is trying to re-sign Kevin Millwood. I never hold out hope with a Scott Boras player, but if we could sign him I'd be all for it. He had great success in Atlanta, and I think he can repeat it.

The D-Backs look even dumber than they did before for trading away half their team for a guy who gave them approx. 20 games and then signed elsewhere.

Not to mention that they took all that money they saved from letting him go and wasted it on a guy who is a chronic injury risk, one of the biggest in the majors. With the 4 years 40 mil+ they gave to Glaus they easily could have brought Sexson back.....

Corey Koskie is officially a Blue Jay. 3 years and from what I've seen/read it will be for $16mill.

I think he has to pass a physical first, but that's (hopefully) just a formality.

I think he has to pass a physical first, but that's (hopefully) just a formality.

treble, what do you think will happen with Eric Hinske after the Koskie signing? I'm personally not a huge fan, but he may be best served going to 1st base.

The dumbfuck Mets turn down a Red Sox trade offer with Manny Ramirez. It would've been Floyd for Ramirez (with the Mets eating all of Manny's contract).

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/261545p-223997c.html

:angry: :( :throwup:

That's a little harsh. The trade would increase the Mets' payroll by $16.7 Million, without really filling any of the holes in their lineup. They'd be better off signing J.D. Drew or Carlo Delgado or someone, and keeping Cliff Floyd.

The Anaheim Angels are also close to signing Esteban Yan to a 2 year roughly $3 Million contract according to the LA Times. Pretty good steal for the Angels if Yan can repeat last year's performance where he had a 3.83 ERA.

Why would Boston be interested in Delgado when they already have Ortiz? Plus you'd be giving Delgado practically as much loot as Ramirez makes, for a guy who while a great hitter, isn't as good as Manny, and I believe is a few years older.

And I can't believe Epstien would have the balls to try and move Manny AGAIN, after he totally delivered for them last year rather than being a diva like Nomar. I just don't understand the obsession with moving him.

Why would Boston be interested in Delgado when they already have Ortiz? Plus you'd be giving Delgado practically as much loot as Ramirez makes, for a guy who while a great hitter, isn't as good as Manny, and I believe is a few years older.

I'm talking from the Mets' perspective.

Just curious...what do the Cubs have besides Sosa if they deal him?

The outfield would be Corey Patterson and...what exactly?

Unless the Cubs are 100% sure, without a shadow of a doubt, that they can sign Carlos Beltran or someone rather big to step in and fill the offensive hole left by getting rid of Alou and Sosa then I don't see the point.

Jason DuBois and Dave Kelton.

Ok....they may be great in a few years, but for now they would leave a hole the size of Asia in the line-up.

They trade Sosa, they need to replace him with a solid bat.

Ok....they may be great in a few years, but for now they would leave a hole the size of Asia in the line-up.

DuBois is a B/B- prospect. He could be a useful player, but he's probably not a star in the making. Kelton's a C. There's no telling if he can ever be a big league regular or not.

DuBois is a B/B- prospect. He could be a useful player, but he's probably not a star in the making. Kelton's a C. There's no telling if he can ever be a big league regular or not.

So you are telling me that me being hopeful in this situation probably is just wishful thinking?

Can you give me ANY good news involving the Cubs or Orioles?

Or should I just prepare my "Wait till 2006" signs?

So you are telling me that me being hopeful in this situation probably is just wishful thinking?

Dubois did hit .316/.389/.630 in 386 AB for AAA Iowa. He also had 31 HR and 26 doubles so the guy clearly has some power to his bat.

For the Orioles: SP Matt Riley should be a solid addition to the rotation. He has a career 1.27 ERA in the minors despite struggling a bit last year with the Orioles. If he can cut down the walks, he should be fine.

For the Cubs, they won 89 games last year. They should have Prior back for a full season, and they have Garciaparra for a full season. If they simply improve their bench, they will win 90+ games next year. Their real problem was that they gave over 100 at bats each to Jose Macias, Alex Gonzalez, Paul Bako, and Tom Goodwin. All posted an OBP of less than .300.

treble, what do you think will happen with Eric Hinske after the Koskie signing? I'm personally not a huge fan, but he may be best served going to 1st base.

They'd love to get rid of him, but he's untradeable.

With Jim Bowden in charge of the Nationals, nobody is untradeable.

And, as far as the Cubs' outfield sans Sosa, they could always resign Ben Grieve on the cheap for a temporary fill-in. The guy's 28 and - most importantly - he gets on base (his line last year: .260/.361/.424).

With Jim Bowden in charge of the Nationals, nobody is untradeable.

And, as far as the Cubs' outfield sans Sosa, they could always resign Ben Grieve on the cheap for a temporary fill-in. The guy's 28 and - most importantly - he gets on base (his line last year: .260/.361/.424).

Ben Grieve and Jason DuBois would make a good platoon combination in left field.

The dumbfuck Mets turn down a Red Sox trade offer with Manny Ramirez. It would've been Floyd for Ramirez (with the Mets eating all of Manny's contract).

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/261545p-223997c.html

:angry:  :(  :throwup:

That's a little harsh. The trade would increase the Mets' payroll by $16.7 Million, without really filling any of the holes in their lineup. They'd be better off signing J.D. Drew or Carlo Delgado or someone, and keeping Cliff Floyd.

Now I hear a rumor of Matsui/Floyd for Manny/Mientkiewcz...I believe it may be on ESPN radio.

Guest Failed Mascot

Red Sox said to hell with Pedro after the whole Mets thing and are going for Matt Clement. Pedro is a greedy bastard...if he signs with the Mets then I hope his shoulder falls off after start 1.

Of course Clement is younger and would cost less so I'm all for that.