TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingFan4Ever

Ocean's Twelve

Hey guys, what did you all think of Ocean's Twelve. I personally thought it was hilarious, and a great sequel that wasn't a rehash of the original, as most sequels are. Matt Damon, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Scott Cann, and Casey Affleck were GOLDEN in this movie. Let me know your thoughts.

I was LOOOOOOOOOST a lot of the times during the movie, but I overall got it in the end.

I thought the Bruce Willis stuff was a waste of time and Tess as Julia Roberts was a cop out, though it was somewhat funny, but really annoying. You either liked it, or didn't.

The Julia/Bruce scene was such an egofest it was sickening, however.

Bernie Mac didn't make any impact whatsoever, which was stupid.

Did like the Yankees/Red Sox portion, however. That was really good.

Matt Damon was the MVP of the movie. He was hilarious.

I enjoyed it, but I left with the feeling I liked the first one better.

Damon ruled that movie hard. The look on Clooneys face when Damon was reciting that poem was classic.

You may want to spoiler that Hartfan, as they built to that scene(s) throughout the movie.

I really liked the original (remake), particularly the visual and musical style of it, so I think the worst part of 12 was that they moved up a generation and filmed it differently. It was really well done, but I still wanted the style of the first one.

It did seem like they were almost finished shooting and SS was looking at the whole film and was like "hmmm... we really need a plot" and then tacked on the end there. Unlike the last one, they didn't really give any hints at the train station or w/ the lemaire (or whatever his name was) so there wasn't that sense of "somethings going on" like in the last one.

The Roberts thing was pointless, but there were enough winks to the audience to show that they knew it was pointless too, so it was good. Willis was the man.

I was disappointed. I thought Clooney, Bernie Mac, Carl Reiner and a lot of other cast mates were under used and I just didn't care about the Nightfox. The movie didn't have the same light-hearted comedic feel as the first. I think RRR nailed it by mentioning the visual and musical differences which totally changed the mood of the movie IMO. Plus it was overlong. Matt Damon and Brad Pitt damn near saved it though.

The best segment of the movie is when it's just Damon, Cheadle & Caan and the whole thing with Roberts and Willis(although it went too long). Damon telling Willis that he guessed the end of The Sixth Sense was hilarious as was Willis line:

"If everyone found it so obvious, then why did it make 645 million?"

But outside of that it was missing the spirit and inventiveness(well for the genre at least) of the original remake.

Yeah, I missed Clooney when watching this. O11 had a great dynamic of Clooney carrying it and Pitt staying off to the sides but being such a cool motherfucker that it didn't matter, and here it was the other way around (Cept Clooney didnt get to be the cool motherfucker here). Pitt didn't do nearly good of a job carrying it as they probably had hoped.

It seems like the main storyline was the Pitt/Zeta Jones storyline THEN Clooney/Nightfox, and then the heist. I didn't expect CZJ to have such a large role (she must've had more screentime than Clooney), and was hoping she'd have a Tess-like position in it (Roberts in the first one was barely on the page)... not that I am complaining, cause CZJ looked extremely stickable in it.

I don't even know why Bernie Mack was in it this time.

Guest Failed Mascot

There should be some sort of law about making a sequel to an updated classic that never had a sequel itself.

First half was decent. Second half was a total crapfest. Especially that Julia/Bruce scene that just wouldn't fucking end.

Huge disappointment.

I have to admit that I liked the stylistic change, as the setting changed. The style of the first one fit as they were in Vegas. The glitz and psuedo-Sinatra styling fit the setting. This time they were in Europe, which I believe called for a more european style to the film.

As for the plot:

I do think that Bernie Mac was underused, but I think the fact that you didn't feel like they were up to something helped the movie out. It's necessary to not know that they're playing Nightfox in order to believe what's happening. Otherwise, there is no suspense when you watch it.

Thought it was a pretty good movie. Not as good as the first, but I was entertained the whole way through, with the exception of the Bruno and Julia interlude.

I liked most of it, but the endless Roberts/Willis stuff was terrible and the SWERVE-CRAZY ending pissed me off to no end. Cut out the unfunny Roberts/Willis stuff and stop the movie at Matt Damon being saved by his parents and it would have been fine.

Me and my friends were disappointed that the crew didn't pull off the amazing heist, like in the first movie. They had the original egg secure way before it got into the museum. That was kind of anticlimatic to me.