Guest Phenom

Armageddon or Turning Point?

Well, which one?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Well, which one?

• SmackDown! Armageddon
    • TNA Turning Point

Guest LooneyTune

If anyone votes for Armageddon they should be stripped naked, dipped in honey, and thrown in a cage with starving bears.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Turning Point was complete crap save for the swank main event cage match. The rest of the show was horrid with the work and the atrocious WWE Skits and the KOW elvis's skit.

Armageddon, though I didn't see it wasn't stupid. Had a solid tag team opener, a hot all out main event, funaki of all people winning gold.

Turning Point was just sad to see. Armageddon appeared better then expectations.

Guest spags56

your correct, reading about TP was damn more entertaining then watching the shit that was armageddon.

Turning Point was complete crap save for the swank main event cage match.  The rest of the show was horrid with the work and the atrocious WWE Skits and the KOW elvis's skit.

Armageddon, though I didn't see it wasn't stupid. Had a solid tag team opener, a hot all out main event, funaki of all people winning gold.

Turning Point was just sad to see. Armageddon appeared better then expectations.

So the X division title match was "crap?" You're out of your mind....hell, both openers for each ppv were about the same, middle ground at best at ** 1/2. The rest of the bouts other than the six man tag with Savage and the NYC tag were solid bouts at Turning Point, IMO. The lineup from last night's ppv was weak on paper, and they didnt make that lineup any better from delivery. Matches like Cena-Jesus were one sided squashes that didnt really push the street fight concept as much as it could have, and a match like the handicap tag just was pointless to even be on ppv. Hell, even the Tough Enough boxing bout was boring!

And the Turning Point main event blew away the Armageddon main event. The only redeeming quality of the main event at last night's WWE ppv was Eddy busting his ass and holding his own against Taker. Other than that, that match went too long and didnt accomplish anything but more JBL nonsense, Guererro-Booker contuning to be held down, and Taker-Heidenreich feuding again. All bad things. Most WWE ppv main events were better than that.

Saying one was better than another, especially if you havent seen Armageddon, doesnt hold much merit. I sat through the ppv last night and it was just about what was expected - nothing really substantial match by match, as little thought was put into the undercard which made for one of the more dead crowds I've heard in a WWE ppv EVER as well as workrate which seemed apathetic at best. It left you feeling after the ppv that it was even a waste of time to watch if it was on free TV.

Sure, Funaki won (and that was one of few positive things from the show to me) but it was after sitting through a slow, plotting match with ZERO heat. The only nice spot of that match was a double stomp to Spike from the top role to Spike, who was hanging upside down on the top turnbuckle.

I'm not sure what reports you heard but by seeing it last night myself, all of the matches were boring with the main event barely cracking ***. I just wanted it to END. That does not determine anything even CLOSE to what Turning Point did. The expectations were very low for me and they didnt even meet THOSE. After this ppv, dare I say that the Smackdown brand is looking dangerously shittier than ever. They've made it clear JBL isnt going to lose the belt anytime soon (and they are now going to go with a Show-JBL feud, NOOOOOO!) and there is not one single storyline or feud that shows potential or interest on the show. Angle is floundering at best, the people who should be pushed to main event levels (Cena, Eddy, Booker, etc) have no credible heels to face to even elevate them at all and the titles on the show have no direction. Ok I'll shut up now.

The closest thing I've seen WWE do recently to the level of that TNA ppv was probably Backlash (with two **** + matches on the card). Even Mania was worse than Turning Point, IMO.

Turning point for sure. Aside from the great cage match and garbage KOW match, nothing really stood out on it, but the rest of the card produced solid matches.

Armageddon felt like a long episode of Smackdown, a long and bad episode. The opener was good but just a standard match that was shown for free earlier. The rest of the card was lousy matches and dumb skits, not even Funaki winning got my interest up. The main event was decent but once again dragged down by shifting the focus to another storyline rather than the match.

Turning point for sure. Aside from the great cage match and garbage KOW match, nothing really stood out on it, but the rest of the card produced solid matches.

Armageddon felt like a long episode of Smackdown, a long and bad episode. The opener was good but just a standard match that was shown for free earlier. The rest of the card was lousy matches and dumb skits, not even Funaki winning got my interest up. The main event was decent but once again dragged down by shifting the focus to another storyline rather than the match.

The x division title match needs more love. If not for the shitty finish it'd be getting MOTYC praise. The 6 man X match was an entertaining one too...