TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Celtics with a big win over Cleveland on the road, in OT. LeBron goes for 31, 6 and 7 and was money down the stretch, but fouled out early in OT opening the door for Boston. Great game.

2nd straight OT road win for Boston, they're really coming together right now and will definitely be dangerous come playoff time if they keep Payton for the whole year. Lots of depth and energy and Doc has them playing the full 48 every night.

The first load of All-star ballots were revealed this week as well. This would be the starting lineups right now

East: LeBron, Iverson, Carter, Hill, Shaq

West: McGrady, Bryant, Garnett, Duncan, Yao

Yao is the overall leader.

Damn right! Recognize bitches! I've been waiting for a three game win streak ever since the Jordan era ended!

The next game will be vs. Portland which I believe the Bulls will be able to win. If they can beat teams like Cleveland, Minny and LA and bring Dallas to the limit, I have a strong belief Portland will fall to the now mighty Bulls of Chicago.

Guest Vitamin X
The first load of All-star ballots were revealed this week as well. This would be the starting lineups right now

East: LeBron, Iverson, Carter, Hill, Shaq

West: McGrady, Bryant, Garnett, Duncan, Yao

Yao is the overall leader.

I love the lineup for the West. Man, that's insane. The East is decent, but I don't know about Carter and Hill being in there. Has Grant really been having that good of a season to justify that? And Carter has only been holding back Toronto, from what I've heard.

Now the question is can McGrady and Bryant share the ball on the West's side? Ha.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Hill's selection to the team is justified. Dunno if he should be the starter, but he's earned a slot on the team at least. Carter shouldn't even be allowed in the building.

I think Hill deserves to start. When you look at it, he's really about the only forward in the East putting up All-Star numbers for a winning team.

I think Grant deserves the start just because of all he went through to get back to this level. It really is a great story, and the guy was an all-star starter every year until his ankle got busted. It's going to be really cool to see him out there again, kind of like when the fans voted in Magic for one last game after he retired (the first time).

I think Iverson deserves the nod at guard, but both Wade and Marbury are locks for the reserves. It's really debateable between those three, I can buy the argument for any one of them, but Iverson will win out due to popularity. Francis will be a reserve too.

The West is INSANE with talent. It's crazy that Dirk and Amare, both of whom are putting up HUGE numbers, won't even start. Duncan should be at the center spot because Yao really doesn't the start this year.

And I'd love to see Steve Nash and Ray Allen in the backcourt, I've been voting for them, but obviously T-Mac and Kobe have the marquee names.

Guest Vitamin X
Steph should be starting over Iverson.

Dwyane Wade should start over both.

Why?

He has Shaq.

You just answered your own question.

And I'd love to see Steve Nash and Ray Allen in the backcourt, I've been voting for them, but obviously T-Mac and Kobe have the marquee names.

T-Mac's come on strong lately, but Kobe's leading the league in scoring right now so I think he deserves the All-Star vote. I voted Nash/Bryant in the backcourt.

Miami has the best record in the East, Wade has the best numbers of anyone in the East other than LeBron. Steph should still make the team, but my vote goes to Wade.

Wade: 23 PPG, 50 FGP, 7.2 APG, 37 3p%, 1 steal per game

Steph: 20 PPG, 45 FGP, 8.5 APG, 36 3p%, 2 steals per game

Wade has an adavatage, but I don't know. Without Wade, the Heat have Shaq. With Steph, the Knicks suck.

Guest Vitamin X

You act as if Shaq alone can make a difference, which is definitely not true. The Indiana-Detroit brawl is probably one of the biggest reasons Miami was able to leapfrog both of them in the East standings.

Wade: 23 PPG, 50 FGP, 7.2 APG, 37 3p%, 1 steal per game

Steph: 20 PPG, 45 FGP, 8.5 APG, 36 3p%, 2 steals per game

The 3 point % is deceiving, because Wade hits like .2 per game and Marbury hits over a three a game. Wade is not a very good outside shooter yet, he's a driver and slasher, and Shaq is the reason his numbers are so good. Without Shaq down low defenses can key on his drives and force him to play the perimiter, and you're looking at #'s closer to what he put up last year.

Marbury is definitely the better overall player at this point, and he completely carries the Knicks. That's why I give both Iverson and Marbury the nod, they carry their teams while Wade doesn't, but Wade is only in his 2nd season, give him time and he'll be capable of doing what they do.

Guest Vitamin X
Well then wouldn't you have to take that off Wades accomplishments if he had nothing to do with leading them in the east?

*wink*

Absolutely not, because I'm not judging Miami as a team here, we're talking about individual play, and Wade has matured immensely. Without him, the Heat have only Shaq and they probably wouldn't be much.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I'm taking Marbury in this whole debate. Honestly, the Knicks are the worst kind of mediocre. The kind of mediocre that doesn't realize they're mediocre. Jamal Crawford, Tim Thomas and at times, Kurt Thomas just take ridiculous shots that they're not good enough to make consistently and Marbury has to hold all that together. Wade has a much easier job.