TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

Royal Rumble Commercial Online

I thought the West Side Story spoof was imaginative and weirdly appropriate. Although, I sure as hell don't think it'll go down well with most fans.

Since this is just the first commerical to let people know its coming up, you need to do something wacky to get people's attention.

This probably won't be as well remembered as...

...shit, I actually got to think about some of the other wachy PPV commericals they've done. (My favorite's probably the one where Kane went to Pete Rose's house for Halloween one year for No Mercy.)

Guest LooneyTune

Wacky WWE PPV Commercials... I really can't think of anything, except WWE promoting Steiner/HHH for No Way Out 2003 with a straight face, expecting people to order the show for THAT.

Which reminds me, does anyone know what the NWO03 Buyrate was? I expect it to have been pretty bad despite the return of Austin and Hogan/Rock II.

HHH doesn't look like he wants to be there

Wacky WWE PPV Commercials... I really can't think of anything, except WWE promoting Steiner/HHH for No Way Out 2003 with a straight face, expecting people to order the show for THAT.

No, I meant the "humorous" commericals they film months in advanced that never actually mention the card.

Guest LooneyTune

I remember 1 where they had WWE wrestlers beat up baseball players. I have no idea what PPV it was for though (it was in 2002 I think)

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I think the commercial was good.

The Rumble will be the 2nd most ordered show of the year anyway, so this is just a fun way to show some creativity.

Is it stupid? Yeah. But here's a news falsh: ITS LIKE THAT INTENTIONALLY! The whole conecpt of the spot is that Vince has a "wacky" dream.

I hope they actually made more than just the one commercial, kinda like they did with Summerslam.

Anyway, when the PPV has been finalized I'm sure they will run more generic "wrestling promos" pushing the top matches instead of the West Side Story spoof.

And who wouldn't want to see a promo where HHH (Tony) is singing a love song to Torrie Wilson (Maria)?

Guest LooneyTune

What PPV was that (the one with Vince thinking about a football league then going "nah" to it)?

^ Survivor Series last year.

Another favorite commercial of mine was SummerSlam last year with Brock F5ing Jaws. :lol:

Anyone remember the Royal Rumble commerical where they had a bunch of British soilders having a battle Royal in the Ring and at the end Angle Saids...."You call that a Royal Rumble?"

I think it was the 2002 Rumble.

I remember 1 where they had WWE wrestlers beat up baseball players. I have no idea what PPV it was for though (it was in 2002 I think)

No Mercy 2001, aka the PPV I was never able to watch because DirecTV screwed me over.

Guest jumpingbombangel

Maybe it's just my kind of humor, but one of these days, unannounced, WWE should turn one episode of either Raw or Smackdown into a Bigger Longer Uncut-like musical. Just crazy, off the wall junk between matches, replete with singing and choreography (hell, it's wrestling). Interviews and promos would be ten times more interesting.

Maybe it's just my kind of humor, but one of these days, unannounced, WWE should turn one episode of either Raw or Smackdown into a Bigger Longer Uncut-like musical. Just crazy, off the wall junk between matches, replete with singing and choreography (hell, it's wrestling). Interviews and promos would be ten times more interesting.

LOL! I see where your getting at.

I could imagine seeing The Undertaker doing a ballarina dance down the isle during his entrance!

Fuckin Hillarious!

Hey...a while back I suggested that this year for one of the October PPVs they should call it Halloween Havoc, and each guy has to come to the ring and wrestle dressed as their favorite wrestler. Imagine:

Chris Jericho as Triple H

Chris Benoit as Bret Hart (Could you imagine Benoit with the glasses and the coat?)

Eddie Guerrero as Dean Malenko

Eugene as the Macho Man

William Regal as Davey Boy

Batista as the Ulitmate Warrior

Victoria as LOD Sunny (Victoria+leather=ratings)

the return of the mighty SHOWSTER

Triple H coming to ring as THE CROCK

and...one night only...

The Rock....as Vince McMahon

oh yeah...and Steven Richards and Mick Foley have to show up and do everybody they can think of in two hours and forty five minutes....Especially if they come to the ring dressed as Stephanie and Shane (I don't care who is who)

This would of course, be the greatest and worst PPV of all time. I would pay now to see it happen.

I think it would be funny if down the road they did a PPV promo like that with guys being old wrestlers...kinda like your idea.

I thought the Rumble promo was really good and funny. They should do shit like that more often.

Hey...a while back I suggested that this year for one of the October PPVs they should call it Halloween Havoc, and each guy has to come to the ring and wrestle dressed as their favorite wrestler.

:headbang:

RHR: How about Randy Orton as "Cowboy" Bob Orton? ^^

YES!!!

This is the best idea ever!*

*Ever=this week.

^ Nah, we had to deal with that back in 1994.

Oh and here's a link to download the commercial for this year's RR, guys:

http://ezshare.de/files-en/203201/2004_Dec...ercial.mpg.html

Just wait for the countdown to finish once the page loads up. Enjoy!