TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Star Wars Holiday Special...

Just as a guideline, I usually see this at conventions running for between $10-20. I think it's a bootleg DVD that includes the fan films "The Dark Redemption", "Lucas in Love" and "Troops"...

I picked up a low quality bootleg a couple years ago, and man is it atrocious. Bea Arthur singing that song is the pinnacle of this horrific monstrosity.

Guest LooneyTune

Must... get... a copy of this. It really can't be THAT bad can it? I mean, I've sat through the Cable Guy, Mr. Nanny, AND Batman & Robin in 1 sitting, so I could easily get through this Holiday Special.

I mean, I've sat through the Cable Guy, Mr. Nanny, AND Batman & Robin in 1 sitting

Oh come on, I don't know hiw people think this is so bad.

Guest LooneyTune
I mean, I've sat through the Cable Guy, Mr. Nanny, AND Batman & Robin in 1 sitting

It's not as bad as most people claim, but it's definitely the worst movie with Jim Carrey I've ever seen... that he had a starring role in that is.

It's not as bad as most people claim, but it's definitely the worst movie with Jim Carrey I've ever seen... that he had a starring role in that is.

Ace Ventura when nature calls was worse.

So anyone know somewhere online where I can pick this up? (Star Wars Xmas Special that is)

Guest LooneyTune

I've avoided When Nature Calls like the plague... I heard he was completely against making it, so I expect a serious half-ass job. I too would like to know where to get a copy of this Christmas Special.

I've avoided When Nature Calls like the plague... I heard he was completely against making it, so I expect a serious half-ass job. I too would like to know where to get a copy of this Christmas Special.

Trust me you did wise to avoid it. I keep thinking back on it and feeling like its one of those straight-to-video deals where they get some other actor that looks like the main guy to play the role. Then I have the horrible realisation that he actually played it himself :(

But yeah back on topic. Does anyone know a good place to get them? Ebay maybe? someones uncle etc?

The animated feature with Boba Fett in it is the only redeeming thing about that Xmas crap. I believe it's the very first appearence of everyone's fav bounty hunter in the SW Universe, predating EpIV even.

I never knew the existence of this until earlier this year.

Speaking of SW, I saw Carrie Fisher on Celebrity Blackjack the other day. She has not aged well at all.

Guest CronoT

The only thing that comes close to trumping this as the shittiest Star Wars crap ever is the "Ewoks" movies. The Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor were "made-for-TV movies that came out in 1984 and 1985, respectively. I have some recollection, a long time ago, of going to a neighbor's house and watching Battle for Endor, on the Disney Channel, I believe. I was between 5 and 7 years old; this is a long time ago, so don't blame my rather dusty memory. :P

Anyway, I was really young, and even then, I could tell how absolutely crappy that movie was. I don't remember anything about it. All I remember was that it sucked, horribly.

Speaking of SW, I saw Carrie Fisher on Celebrity Blackjack the other day. She has not aged well at all.

Celebrity Blackjack is horrible. It shows what happens when only 2 out of the 5 contestants actually know how to play poker. On the plus side, the commentary by Dave Foley and Phil Gordon is miles better than Mike Sexton and Vince Van Pattern on the WPT, although those two could probably get Scott Stapp over as a poker genius (which he definitely wasn't).

Anyways, back on topic, the "best" Star Wars TV before Clone Wars was probably Mark Hamill on the Muppet Show. Not that that's saying much.

Ace Ventura when nature calls was worse.

So anyone know somewhere online where I can pick this up? (Star Wars Xmas Special that is)

You can download it from various places like Kazaa, mIRC, limewire, etc.

There are also sites on the internet which you can d/l it.

Ebay would probably be a good bet if you want to own it.

I saw the cartoon part, and all of the voices are reprised by the actors who play them, including James Earl Jones for the voice of Darth Vader.

Speaking of SW, I saw Carrie Fisher on Celebrity Blackjack the other day.  She has not aged well at all.

Celebrity Blackjack is horrible.

Yes I know, but, alas, nothing else was on in between the end of the Jaguars-Packers game and Simpsons...

I swear I'll never do it again

The only thing that comes close to trumping this as the shittiest Star Wars crap ever is the "Ewoks" movies. The Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor were "made-for-TV movies that came out in 1984 and 1985, respectively. I have some recollection, a long time ago, of going to a neighbor's house and watching Battle for Endor, on the Disney Channel, I believe. I was between 5 and 7 years old; this is a long time ago, so don't blame my rather dusty memory. :P

Anyway, I was really young, and even then, I could tell how absolutely crappy that movie was. I don't remember anything about it. All I remember was that it sucked, horribly.

My sister taped An Ewok Adventure when it first aired on TV. I don't know why after 20 years the tape hasn't been burned yet.

My sister taped An Ewok Adventure when it first aired on TV. I don't know why after 20 years the tape hasn't been burned yet.

Probably because the only place you could burn it would be Mt. Doom

I downloaded it a few months ago, so yes I've seen the entire program. I wish it would be released to DVD with extras, just because of how funny it is just how bad the show is. I mean, you have a period where there is NO talking at all. Instead, you have a very long "Wookie Family" scene. Since they don't talk in English, all you get is their moaning and yelling and growling for about 8-15 minutes. I suppose you were supposed to understand what they were saying by what they were doing, but it's just so funny...funny and sad.

Guest sek69

I have a few copies on DVD if anyone here is interested. It has as extras 2 trailers for each of the Original Trilogy (including one for "Revenge of the Jedi").

If anyone wants a copy for $10 (including shipping) send me a PM.

I've sat through the Holiday Special probably five times because people I know keep wanting to see it. I warn them, but they don't listen. It's the second worse thing I own on tape of DVD after Rudy Ray Moore is Rude which no one ever has been able to get through more than five minutes of.