TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

PROMO: The Solution.

(The following takes place in the dressing room immediately after Slay Ride has gone off the air.)

The shot opens with a view of SWF superstar Todd Cortez, seated on a bench and holding his head in his hands. There's no doubt that Todd is exhausted, having gone through the trials of both a ladder match as well as a no rules affair. Seated next to him on the bench is his newly won Hardcore Gamers Championship, the belt held until just hours ago by perennial Revolution Zero rival Sean Davis.

"You beat me time and time again..." whispers the Urban Legend, barely audible to the viewing audience.

"You've put my shoulders on the mat for three seconds, and think it was enough to hold me down? To break my spirit, shatter my dreams? After all you've done to me...to this company?"

Todd tilts his head upward, his forehead bandaged due to the wound suffered in his matchup.

"You take out my partner, you come at me with brute force. One on one, two on one, all on one...and I still kept coming. When Hollywood Boulevard lost the tag titles, we kept coming. When Mike Van Siclen heard that final three count, and the bell sounded to signal the end of one of the greatest wrestling careers ever seen...I kept coming. Physically I was being manhandled, but mentally...psychologically, you were the ones being defeated. Ghost? Yeah, Clark and I can take full credit for that, although I'm sure Mike approved, knowing it would make you think twice. Davis? Thought you put one over on me again tonight, didn't you? Thought that taking my title would cripple me once and for all and send me packing? Well, I guess that backfired now, didn't it?"

Cortez scoops up the HGC belt and holds it in his lap, so the center medallion faces the camera. His tone grows louder, more stern.

"Another match, another title won. A physical and moral victory all at the same time because tonight...tonight was MY night. Tonight...it was OUR night. In one fell swoop, the mighty Revolution crumbled. Sacred, Sean Davis, and you Toxxic...all falling in some form to a force that is greater than any rebellion or revolution you think you can begin. Tonight, Alan Clark came out from behind the mask, ending the fun and games and defeating Sacred. Tonight, Sean Davis took something from me, and I returned the favor ten-fold. Tonight...tonight, Toxxic, you lost that iron grip. Your claim to fame. The leader of a revolution? Maybe so, but no longer do you lead this company, because that is a job for Landon Maddix!"

Cortez pauses, and takes a breath.

"Landon Maddix. Alan Clark. There's a lot of history there. Wayward Sons, Hollywood Boulevard...even Landon and myself at one point, all with issues. Can we move past them? Maybe, maybe not. It's not my place to say...at least not yet anyways. All I know is what you've done, Toxxic...Revolution Zero...is you've got three men, different beliefs, but all with the same agenda. Because no matter what you do to us...beat us, jump us, make us bleed...it means we've done our job. It means we've gotten through, because we keep coming, and coming, and coming and you need to realize that we'll continue to come at you, because the truth is no matter what you do to us, WE WILL NOT STOP. Call us a resistance? The truth is that you cannot...you CANNOT resist OUR existence! So, then what? No World Title, Toxxic? A clean sweep of your contingent heading into the New Year? There are cracks in the foundation, Toxxic, and I have one more thing to say about it."

Cortez leans forward, his eyes burning as he peers into the camera lens.

"When it all falls down...I'll be the one stepping on the pieces."

FADE OUT

*makes mental note to squash Cortez*

nice promo. And I mean that most sincerely.