TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Intestine

Feud based DVDs

I just watched the Bret vs. Owen cage match for the WWF title, and was wondering why they haven't come out with DVDs directed towards certain feuds.

Like the Owen vs Bret feud DVD. All the interviews, angles and matches in order. (Well, maybe the main feature will have cut versions, and there'll be a few full matches on the extras) They could have people talking about the feuds and some backstage events surrounding them.

Austin vs McMahon, Raven vs Dreamer...

I'd buy them.

Does anyone know of any plans the WWE has to release DVDs like these, or have they already and I've just missed them?

I think it's a good idea anyways..

The Rock vs. Triple H

Now, that's a DVD for ya.

Eh, that'd be alright, I suppose.

I'm waiting for the 2 Disc Collector's Edition DVD of Kane vs. Pete Rose.

A feud series is a great idea although WWE would probably do a butchered DVD with multiple feuds on a one or two disc. I'd like a Bret/Owen with everything on it but a Bret and Austin or HBK(especially if they got "real" with it) would be great too. I was also thinking that a full disc of Austin/Rock would be badass with all the matches and especially all of the promos and skits that they did. That stuff was classic. It's a shame that there aren't any good feuds anymore.

Doing this with some of the current main event feuds would be pretty interesting.

You can imagine the chapters for a Triple H/Randy Orton DVD:

- Triple H forms a new stable called Evolution with Ric Flair and two young up-and-comers Randy Orton and Dave Batista.

- Evolution win all the gold on RAW.

- Triple H loses the title to Chris Benoit and despite repeated attempts to regain the title, he fails.

- Randy Orton defeats Chris Benoit for the title!

- Feeling his position is threatened, Triple H kicks Orton out of Evolution.

- At Unforgiven, after a titanic struggle and copious amounts of cheating, Triple H wins the title off Orton. A few weeks later, Orton loses in a match so he is under a stipulation where he cannot challenge Triple H for the title. What can he possibly do to regain the title? The Royal Rumble looms...

- Batista totally steals the limelight and Orton is forgotten.

I think its a great idea, but I think they don't want to oversaturate the market with DVDs. That's the only logical reason I can come up with as to why they haven't already.

I think its a great idea, but I think they don't want to oversaturate the market with DVDs. That's the only logical reason I can come up with as to why they haven't already.

That could be a possibility.

But if they did ever decide to do that, I could see them doing it like one of those Time Life, Gunthy-Renker type of deals...where you get part one of a series of videos...then you view it, and every month or two, you'd get the next in the series...keep only the ones you want, cancel anytime.

That kind of thing.