TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

bwahahaha Pacers lost

Bulls move up to 7th with a 1-game lead

It's kind to dumb to start a "playoff watch" when the All-Star break has even passed yet.

Hey now I will celebrate the Rockets being the 6th seed (especially after the start they had) if I want!

bwahahaha Pacers lost

It's kind to dumb to start a "playoff watch" when the All-Star break has even passed yet.

quiet you

With a win tonight vs. Charlotte (and you know its going to happen), the Bulls are gonna move to a tie for 6th seed with Orlando.

Guest Flyboy
bwahahaha Pacers lost

Hey now I will celebrate the Rockets being the 6th seed (especially after the start they had) if I want!

So will I, but the "playoff watch" right now means doesn't mean shit.

bwahahaha Pacers lost

So will I, but the "playoff watch" right now means doesn't mean shit.

I think the Bulls moving to 6th and the Pacers to 8th by a two-game margin is just slightly notable.

I watched the Spurs/Kings game tonight at a bar with a girl on my staff that's from San Antonio.......she's crazy. She's a crazy Spurs fan.

Just to give you an idea of how into the Spurs she is. She goes to OU. The same school that dropped everything for the Orange Bowl. She had tickets to the Orange Bowl and SOLD THEM because she got a ticket to a regular season Spurs game!

She said that she's planned dates around Spurs games before.

So of course she was nearly on her feet yelling at the TV anytime anything remotelly didn't go right. I don't care if Duncan just dribbled the ball wrong she let him know about it.

Here are the Rookie Challenge rosters for All-Star Weekend

ROOKIE TEAM ROSTER

Player Team Pos. Ht. Wt. College/Country

Tony Allen Boston G 6-4 213 Oklahoma State

Luol Deng Chicago F 6-8 220 Duke

Ben Gordon Chicago G 6-3 200 Connecticut

Devin Harris Dallas G 6-3 185 Wisconsin

Dwight Howard Orlando F 6-11 250 SW Atlanta Christian Academy

Andre Iguodala Philadelphia F 6-6 207 Arizona

Emeka Okafor Charlotte F/C 6-10 252 Connecticut

Josh Smith Atlanta F 6-9 225 Oak Hill Academy

Beno Udrih San Antonio G 6-3 203 Slovenia

SOPHOMORE TEAM ROSTER

Carmelo Anthony Denver F 6-8 230 Syracuse

Chris Bosh Toronto F 6-10 235 Georgia Tech

Udonis Haslem Miami F 6-8 232 Florida

Kirk Hinrich Chicago G 6-3 186 Kansas

Josh Howard Dallas F 6-5 210 Wake Forest

LeBron James Cleveland F 6-8 245 St. Vincent-St. Mary HS

Kyle Korver Philadelphia F 6-6 211 Creighton

Luke Ridnour Seattle G 6-1 167 Oregon

Dwyane Wade Miami G 6-4 212 Marquette

I call bullshit. David Harrison should have made the Rookie team, easily. What the hell has Josh Smith done besides a few cool dunks?

Here are the Rookie Challenge rosters for All-Star Weekend

ROOKIE TEAM ROSTER

Tony Allen Boston G 6-4 213 Oklahoma State

Luol Deng Chicago F 6-8 220 Duke

Ben Gordon Chicago G 6-3 200 Connecticut

Devin Harris Dallas G 6-3 185 Wisconsin

Dwight Howard Orlando F 6-11 250 SW Atlanta Christian Academy

Andre Iguodala Philadelphia F 6-6 207 Arizona

Emeka Okafor Charlotte F/C 6-10 252 Connecticut

Josh Smith Atlanta F 6-9 225 Oak Hill Academy

Beno Udrih San Antonio G 6-3 203 Slovenia

I call bullshit.  David Harrison should have made the Rookie team, easily.  What the hell has Josh Smith done besides a few cool dunks?

Josh Smith has averaged 11 points and 9 boards and nearly 3 blocks as a starter. He is 13th in the league in blocked shots, and is one hell of a player. He just happens to play for the Hawks. He has been more consistant than Devin Harris, Ben Gordon, and Andre Iguodala.

So yeah...hes on my fantasy team and I see every Hawks game. Plus he had a 10 blocked shot game from the 2 guard position. That is just freakish.

IMO. Barring a Tim Duncan injury the Spurs will win the NBA title. Best defensive team in the league, and can score if necessary.

Most likely but wouldn't it be cool if it was the Bulls? Sigh. Either way it would make the 17th year in which the champs are either Detroit, Chicago, Houston, San Antonio, or the Lakers.

If I was an OU fan, I wouldn't have wanted to see that Orange Bowl either. Apparently, she just knows her sports.

This was before the game was ever played when OU was favored. Don't be starting bullshit when I just made a simple comment.

She just doesn't like football as much as basketball. But it's still weird because everyone at this school is crazy about football and everyone would've killed for those tickets.

But she thinks the Spurs will win the title this year as well.....her opinion isn't exactly fair because she thinks they'll win it every year but she's written stuff for Sports Illustrated, The Dallas Morning News, the big paper in San Antonio, and so on so I trust her insight just a bit.

IMO. Barring a Tim Duncan injury the Spurs will win the NBA title. Best defensive team in the league, and can score if necessary.

Most likely but wouldn't it be cool if it was the Bulls? Sigh. Either way it would make the 17th year in which the champs are either Detroit, Chicago, Houston, San Antonio, or the Lakers.

Holy hell I didn't know that stat. Someone else needs to do something......go Boston!

One day we will rise again......just you wait......

Suns, Sonics, Spurs, Heat.

Those are the 4 teams I don't see anyone being able to take in a 7 game series, but they can take out each other.

Suns/sonics/spurs? In a series any of these teams can take the other, with San Antonio having a SLIGHT edge, but they still go through spurts of cant score for shit. Add Dallas to the teams that could take the Suns, and Sonics, but they couldn't take the Spurs.

The heat...I don't see a East team beating them, ANd they can dance with the west guys, although I think that the west guys would probably win.

So yeah, I went and compared stats, and I guess Smith does outweigh Harrison by a bit. My bad. But he's not a two-guard, he's a 6-9 forward. I stand by my statement though only because he backed out on the Hoosiers. :angry:

So yeah, I went and compared stats, and I guess Smith does outweigh Harrison by a bit. My bad. But he's not a two-guard, he's a 6-9 forward. I stand by my statement though only because he backed out on the Hoosiers. :angry:

Well, he plays 2 guard for the Hawks. So he is a two guard. And there is noway that guy that is shorter than Antoine is 6'9 and watching the games, he is definately shorter. I think that is that inflated NBA height that made Charles Barkley 6'5".

Holy hell I didn't know that stat. Someone else needs to do something......go Boston!

One day we will rise again......just you wait......

Add Boston and Philadelphia and you got the only 7 teams to win a title in 25 years

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I like the rookie/sophomore line ups, tis a shame T.J. Ford is on the shelf though, he didn't even get on the rookie team last year. But other than that, I think Chris Duhon should be ahead of Beno Udrih, although the Bulls are already well represented, so no biggy.

As far as the title run goes, the Spurs can handle Phoenix and numerous teams in the east has a chance to beat Miami in a 7 game series. Cleveland, Detroit, Washington, Orlando and yes, even the Bulls. I say that because Miami has 2 consistent guys, with Eddie Jones taking 3 to 4 games off every 6 game stretch. I just don't know if Miami has enough weapons to win a 7 game series against some of those teams. When Shaq and Wade are wearing down in the middle of game 5 against say, Washington, Arenas, Jamison, Hughes and a pretty respectable supporting cast can step it up. Same with Orlando who has offense for days and The Bulls who have an arguement for being one of the top 5 deepest teams in the conference. Wade and Shaq have to always be good for them to win, on the other teams they have 4 to 5 guys who can take up the scoring load for minutes in a game, giving the other guys a chance to relax a little. Shaq and Wade just cannot do that with the squad they got.

But yeah, back the Spurs...The Sonics have handled them twice this year and provide a pretty big obstacle. It's not a guarantee in any case. Rashard Lewis and Allen can both create their own shot rather easily (unlike Phoenix's wingmen who need Nash's help) and they have enough big bodies who aren't going to be looking to score, just kick the shit out of Tim Duncan. Fortson, Collison, Jerome James and Reggie Evans aren't anywhere near his level of play obviously, but they'll ride him all night, every night during a series and I think it'd hurt his chances of being effective through out. On top of that, Luke Ridnour is a very good defender and fast, he'd give Parker problems. Then you bring in a big guard like Antonio Daniels and muslce him a bit. The key is allen and Lewis being on every game though, Bowen can only guard one of them. Manu gets a lot of steals, but he's not a great defender really, he's a great help dfender but one on one, he's a liability at times.

For me it really boils down to experience. The Spurs have it. The Suns and Sonics do not. It's pretty difficult to go from not making the playoffs one year, to making the NBA finals the next year.

Josh Smith's stats definitely make him worthy of being on the Rookie team. As for Harrison he played well during Jermaine's absence but I believe he has been sidelined with and injury for some time now.

If those rosters stay the same it looks to me like the Soph's will crush the Rookies.

Walton provides another gem tonight, when Penny Hardaway tries to take Jamison Brewer's foul shots

billwalton.jpg

"They could give them a technical foul for bringing that tomfoolery into an NBA game!"

Kings-Rockets is on right now.